Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kopecky's rights traded to Florida

Panthers GM Dale Tallon says he has acquired the negotiating rights to potential UFA Tomas Kopecky. Tallon thinks he can sign him before 7/1
    http://twitter.com/#!/EJHradek_NHL/s...59035679227904

I guess Dale loves his old Hawks.

vCash
    Just heard this. I was hoping they would work out a deal but if Florida signs him than good luck to Kopecky

vCash
    For a 7th round pick.

Dale Tallon is my favorite GM of all time. I hate Kopecky's style of hockey with a passion.

vCash
    The 'Hawks weren't going to resign Kopecky to begin with, so the fact that Stan Bo was even able to pry a 7th rd pick out of Dale Tallon is great. Keep stock piling the system boys! I don't understand this move as far as FLA understanding...Tallon traded a pick (granted a 7th rd pick) to just TALK to Tomas Kopecky. He might not even want to play for the Panthers, and if that's the case I don't understand the logic!?!
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Packers/Blackhawks/Cubs/Bulls/Fighting Illini Fanland
    vCash
    If Kopecky doesn't sign in Florida, we get no pick. So, there's a chance we get something when we already knew he was gone. Fine trade in my book.

vCash
    Kopy put up 40 points, has size, and teams feel he can center in a pinch. He would have had some interest on the market, more so than us fans who don't like him would assume. If we were looking at his numbers from the outside we'd say 'Bring him in!'

Not sure why Dale wouldn't just wait for the 1st to offer Kopy a place to play a bigger role, but he didn't and we got something for nothing.

Honestly, we think Dale is a joke, but he's making some additions to his team at this point. Drafting Huberdeau won't hurt them either. I think they'll have a more competitive team than they previously have had, even if that still doesn't mean fans in the seats to watch the Ice Kittens.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    It's a long road down in Florida but Dale seems to be making a good effort to improve that club. Guys that we need to move or wont sign will be really solid players elsewhere. I figured Kopy was gone and at least we might get something in return. Going to need to look to increase net presence with Kopy and Brouwer gone, not that we were consistent about it with them.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    So what did you guys think of Mr. Tomas Kopecky?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    So what did you guys think of Mr. Tomas Kopecky?
    I prefer to think that being friends with Marian Hossa has done a lot for his career. That and top 6 minutes for the Hawks did a lot to net him 42 points last season, while most of us were still calling for his head.

He didn't hit or use his body the way one hopes a 6'3" bottom 6 type guy would, but oh well. He'll be missed, he had some great moments.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Getting something out of nothing is the term we are looking for on this one.

I hope the work out a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    flordia blackhawks lol
    STANDLEY'S COME HOME!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    It's a long road down in Florida but Dale seems to be making a good effort to improve that club. Guys that we need to move or wont sign will be really solid players elsewhere. I figured Kopy was gone and at least we might get something in return. Going to need to look to increase net presence with Kopy and Brouwer gone, not that we were consistent about it with them.
    agree storm...the campbell trade was a sad one but we needed the cap room...hope we get a healthy diamond in that trade,,,,saad was a gem too in the draft...i got a feeling about that boy...
    STANDLEY'S COME HOME!!!