Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Highly doubt its true, but...

A hockey group I am on on facebook has a post from someone saying that they're hearing that Kaner checked himself into rehab for cocaine and alcohol abuse. I'm not trying to troll or anything at all and like I said this is probably just a completely bogus rumor because I feel as though we would know publicly by now.

Did anybody else hear anything about this? I remember reading either on here or another blackhawks forum that bartenders in the windy city claim that Kane loves his nose candy. Ultimate face palm moment if the kid is in trouble again.

vCash
    I feel if Kaner ever went into Rehab you would be hearing about it everywhere not just by a group on FB. Im not trying to hate on you but I think it would definitely be big news in Chicago if he did. And since I can't find anything on it than it is probably just a rumor

vCash
    I've seen some random people mention it on twitter, so maybe it is true. If it is, I'm glad he's dealing with it now and not when his life is in danger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I've seen some random people mention it on twitter, so maybe it is true. If it is, I'm glad he's dealing with it now and not when his life is in danger.
    Wouldn't surprise me. I've seen him out and about in Chicago a few times and he's a loud, drunken idiot. Picks fights and talks a lot of *****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    I feel if Kaner ever went into Rehab you would be hearing about it everywhere not just by a group on FB. Im not trying to hate on you but I think it would definitely be big news in Chicago if he did. And since I can't find anything on it than it is probably just a rumor
    I completely agree with you like I said I'm not trying to troll or anything it's just that I've seen Kaner's name and cocaine in the same sentence on several occasions.

Don't want other teams and fans to have more reasons to rag on the kid by calling him CoKane or something

vCash
    I don't think it is true for this reason alone...

I believe if he really did check into rehab, he would have had to check into the NHL's substance abuse program. In that case, you would have definitely heard something if he did check into the NHL substance abuse program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I don't think it is true for this reason alone...

I believe if he really did check into rehab, he would have had to check into the NHL's substance abuse program. In that case, you would have definitely heard something if he did check into the NHL substance abuse program.
    Thats what I was saying. If he did check into the NHL substance abuse program than it would definitely be a big topic to be talked about. If he did though than I am glad getting help but I feel like it would be a really hot topic and everywhere if he was in rehab

vCash
    I got a message on FB last night saying that he checked into rehab for cocaine and alcohol and that I'd hear about it on the news in the morning.

vCash
    If it was true, it would be in the news. You can't keep something like that secret.

vCash
    This concerns me.

Kane's trials with booze are no secret in Chicago, and in the past year there have been these slight murmurings of coke talk. From everything I've read about the guy and the two times I've encountered him for an extended period of time (Campbell's poker tourney and a northside bar) he seems like the exact kind of candidate who could get caught up in this kind of thing.

That said, if it is true (and it could be, these things are possibly to keep under wraps if orchestrated properly) it's commendable that he's addressing it on his own accord, but it'd be pretty disheartening to hear that all those whispers of drug abuse were true.

vCash
    He's at Universal Studios right now.

This can be closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. I've seen him out and about in Chicago a few times and he's a loud, drunken idiot. Picks fights and talks a lot of *****.
    You see him around Chicago? Where at?
    Cause I've never seen him
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

We chatted about it and I don't see anything concrete, so no reason to keep this open.