Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Vancouver linked to Chicago, once again...

With the nice rivalry between Chicago and Vancouver escalating every year, now they are stuck to Chicago like it or not haha

With much news coming from around the hockey news feed this afternoon regarding the Chicago Wolves, I can confirm through multiple sources the team is linking up with the Vancouver Canucks for 2011-2012 season.
    http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/the-...-official.html

Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Doesn't make sense to me at all, why can't the Wolves be the Hawks farm team?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Why do we need them to be?

I actually think having Rockford as our farm team brings in a bigger fan base and one that is "further" away.

vCash
    I probably won't be going to that many Wolves Games anymore but I agree with Boom. Rockford is farther so it can reach out to Blackhawk fans out there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I'd honestly rather have prospects in the Rock out of the city focusing on hockey, and not exploring the finer sectors of the city. Closeness doesn't necessarily matter, it's a short drive, and about the same as a flight to where the team is playing.

Also, why would the Hawks want to compete with themselves to sell tickets? 2 markets are 2 markets.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Be nice to Jordan Schroeder and Cody Hodgson (if he's still with the organization).
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Like I needed another reason to dislike the Wolves LOL. It was already a big rivalry between the Wolves and Hogs and this could really crank that up to a whole different level. It makes sense for the Wolves because they needed an AHL affiliate and so did Vancouver but I don' know if it was the best of buisness decisions in terms of attracting fans in the Chicago area. Hey,come watch the future stars of a team you hate more than just about any other. The only way it could have been worse is if the Grand Rapids Griffins moved their franchise to the Chi and the Wings affiliate was in town, and that still might not be as bad given recent history.

I'm looking forward to it to be perfetly honest. Its just to bad that the incoming team isn't worse than the one it is replacing. The Moose were pretty solid the last few seasons. Lots of kids that are right in the NHL/AHL gray area.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Be nice to Jordan Schroeder and Cody Hodgson (if he's still with the organization).
    I imagine Hodgson will still be there despite being up the end of the year. He was invisible in the game I saw against the Rivermen last season. Then again, maybe the AHL isn't helping him any.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.