Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    For what it is worth...Al Cimaglia, who does cover the Blackhawks, keeps mentioning that the Blackhawks might go the offersheet route. A name he keeps tossing out there is Brandon Dubinsky.

It makes sense because the Rangers are supposedly linked to Brad Richards. If they do want to sign him, one of Dubinsky or Callahan will be gone in all likelihood.

Dubinsky would be a great addition to our second line. He has some nice size and grit to go along with his playmaking abilities.

See compensation below. I have bolded where Dubinsky would most likely fall into - and what it would cost.

An offer with a $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

$1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

$1,567,043 -- $3,134,088: Second-round pick

$3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

$4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

$6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

$7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

vCash
    I'd take Dubinsky as long as his girlfriends came here as well. Holy cow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    For what it is worth...Al Cimaglia, who does cover the Blackhawks, keeps mentioning that the Blackhawks might go the offersheet route. A name he keeps tossing out there is Brandon Dubinsky.

It makes sense because the Rangers are supposedly linked to Brad Richards. If they do want to sign him, one of Dubinsky or Callahan will be gone in all likelihood.

Dubinsky would be a great addition to our second line. He has some nice size and grit to go along with his playmaking abilities.

See compensation below. I have bolded where Dubinsky would most likely fall into - and what it would cost.

An offer with a $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

$1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

$1,567,043 -- $3,134,088: Second-round pick

$3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

$4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

$6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

$7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks
    Dubinsky wouldn't be bad, just worried he gets a lot of open ice because of all the attention Gaborik gets from opposing d-men. Stats could be inflated. He is a gritty player though, which we need badly.

Will be interesting to see what Bowman does with Olesz and Stalberg. Can't see either one of them being with the Hawks once the season starts....

vCash
    Wow. $4.5 is a lot. I know he had lots of interest, but seriously? They were bidding with themselves, too.

Fleischmann needs to prove his health to help us out.

I would be a big fan of Konopka. He's like John Scott if John Scott was good at hockey. He is a force at the dot, and knows when he needs to play on the edge. That would be a productive 4th line signing.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Dubinsky wouldn't be bad, just worried he gets a lot of open ice because of all the attention Gaborik gets from opposing d-men. Stats could be inflated. He is a gritty player though, which we need badly.

Will be interesting to see what Bowman does with Olesz and Stalberg. Can't see either one of them being with the Hawks once the season starts....
    I wouldn't be too worried about that because whoever is our second line center will most likely be playing with Hossa. Not to mention, Gaborik is made of glass and usually injured!

vCash
    I wouldn't be too worried about that because whoever is our second line center will most likely be playing with Hossa. Not to mention, Gaborik is made of glass and usually injured!
    Truth.

Also, I wouldn't be too confident that Stalberg and Olesz are gone, Assman. Stalberg doesn't have the numbers to push for a big pay increase, though Olesz might still be bought out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Truth.

Also, I wouldn't be too confident that Stalberg and Olesz are gone, Assman. Stalberg doesn't have the numbers to push for a big pay increase, though Olesz might still be bought out.
    Stalberg could be the perfect 13th forward for this team. He accepted his role on the 4th line towards the end of last year and started to play more physical and use his speed. He could also jump into the top 9 if really needed.

I still think buying out Olesz is the perfect option and a lot of it has to do with the fact that he has a no trade clause that kicks in on July 1st.

vCash
    Rumor from Eklund: "There are rumors 1 team in the south may have screwed up their Qualifying offers...stay tuned."

Dale . . .

Olesz vs. Olesz buyout and nearly $2.75 mil more in cap space = let's see who we can sign for me. He might stay healthy, and reach some of his potential, but I'd rather not take the risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Rumor from Eklund: "There are rumors 1 team in the south may have screwed up their Qualifying offers...stay tuned."

Dale . . .

Olesz vs. Olesz buyout and nearly $2.75 mil more in cap space = let's see who we can sign for me. He might stay healthy, and reach some of his potential, but I'd rather not take the risk.
    ^^^ Haha! Hilarious if this is Dale, can't wait to hear!

Dags, what is Olesz' buyout anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    ^^^ Haha! Hilarious if this is Dale, can't wait to hear!

Dags, what is Olesz' buyout anyway?
    wait, im confused..who did he fail the qualifying offer to?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    wait, im confused..who did he fail the qualifying offer to?
    It might not be him. It could be Nashville, Dallas, or Tampa, but he's already been guilty.

Olesz's buyout numbers are given here: http://www.capgeek.com/buyout_calcul...?player_id=829
    $372,222 cap hit after buyout, $2,752,778 in cap savings.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370216

4.5Mil a year...too much for Laich if you ask me.

I think the more realistic possibility is Tomas Fleischmann if he is healthy and good to go.

I also saw someone mention Eric Belanger, who wouldn't be a bad option at all for our second line center.
    I think he'd for sure be the third line center, Bolland by far has more skill than Belanger does, and Belanger is a pretty good defensive center.

I really think we should be giving Tyler Kennedy a look too now that he will be a UFA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    I think he'd for sure be the third line center, Bolland by far has more skill than Belanger does, and Belanger is a pretty good defensive center.

I really think we should be giving Tyler Kennedy a look too now that he will be a UFA.
    Would be funny if Kennedy signed with us over the Pens after their GM denied to tender him an offer to get a deal done quicker. He'd fit right in with the Hawks young core too.

Should be an interesting holiday weekend for the Hawks!

vCash
    Come on Kennedy! People keep resigning, I want an FA frenzy!

I can't imagine that Erhoff actually signs at NYI. I just want as many people making it to the 1st as possible.

vCash
    The forum has ben dead lately, we gotta get this free agency rollin' to spark this forum..
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast