Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Capitals 2011 NHL Draft thread

The draft is about to start so figured there should be a place to keep up with all the picks and scouting reports/information.

We can try and keep this think as "up to date" as possible throughout the weekend. I'll be on the road a bunch but will do my best when possible to keep this thread moving.

#26 pick tonight. Lets go Caps!

vCash
    Caps traded #26 to Chicago for LW Troy Brouwer.

vCash
    Didn't we need a 2nd line center? WTF

vCash

Overpaid

GMGM definitely overpaid for Bower. A second would have been a premium (I know they don't have one until 2013 draft). He's as good as anyone they could have grabbed at #26, but he's a F/A this Summer and will probably command $2M.

Would have rather seen GMGM send Semin to CHI for Bower & their #1. Looks like Philly is doing all the fleecing this year. - GRRRRRRRRR

vCash
    The Blackhawk board is laughing their ***** off at this deal, say he wasn't worth anything higher then a 3rd round pick. They are also saying he is easily replaced. Not too sure of his role here, other then to replace guys we are losing

vCash
    He's trying to replace Brooks in this situation. I think Brooks is not getting what he wants from the Caps and he will probably test the free agency. Obviously Brouwer is not near as good as Brooks by any means, but this FA doesn't have a lot of grinders that can also play hockey at a decent level. Troy brings that. Not happy about the price they paid but it's still alright in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolayo View Post
    He's trying to replace Brooks in this situation. I think Brooks is not getting what he wants from the Caps and he will probably test the free agency. Obviously Brouwer is not near as good as Brooks by any means, but this FA doesn't have a lot of grinders that can also play hockey at a decent level. Troy brings that. Not happy about the price they paid but it's still alright in the end.
    I don't know... Bower will cost over $2mil a year AND a #1 pick. Laich should cost in the low $2mil range. Bad deal as I see it.

vCash
    I don't get it. I mean, come on!! This is so painful to watch and I know that the season is going to be even more painful. Now, with the Winnipeg move, the NHL will see a reshuffle next year, meaning that Detroit, Columbus and Nashville may be moving East, Come on GMGM, do something resembling anything! Good lord willing they make a serious run at Brad Richards, with the salary cap up to $63, who knows. Something big has to heppen for my to be excited for the season...

vCash
    How the picks played out:

- No. 117: G Steffen Soberg (5-11, 165) of Norway

- No. 147: Defenseman Patrick Koudys (6-3, 198) from Hamilton, Ontario

- No. 177: Center Travis Boyd (5-11, 185) from the U.S. under-18 squad. He’s bound for the University of Minnesota this fall.

- No. 207: Defenseman Garrett Haar (5-11, 190), bound for Northeastern.

vCash
    I think Brouwer will replace Bradley wont he?

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    I think Laich is asking peak 2 or low 3 with the cap increase. Honestly, he's worth it in my mind but our GM is oblivious to the fact that it's not our surrounding players that are stopping us short in the playoffs. If the Caps don't get rid of Semin or Green before the season starts it won't matter what happens in FA.

Brouwer is a good player though. Yeah, we might have overpaid a little bit for him but I honestly think that this is the attempt to replace Brooks. There aren't many if any of these type of guys heading in to the FA.

vCash
    Honestly, I don't think Laich has been doing that much for us in the playoffs.

I'm a big Semin fan, but no doubt he doesn't do jack in the playoffs, minus his rare showing this year. It's definitely time for him to go and I believe NJ is still looking at him aren't they?

Mike Green, don't even get me started on that pretender. I gave him hell on Twitter when he was complaining about his concussion being so bad, but later that night went to a Lil Wayne concert.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United