Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 760
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,534
    vCash
    1500
    Any of you guys think Trevor Ariza can become available for trade if Paul is traded by NO?

    He would be sick on the team-

    Deron
    Brooks/Morrow
    Ariza
    Nene
    Lopez

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    43,185
    vCash
    1675
    I mean he would be an upgrade over Outlaw, but I think we could find someone better in FA. Prince maybe

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N. View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vvhzau

    I think it makes sense.

    Hawks: fill the bench and save 9 million
    pacers: get a starting caliber pf and free up the sf spot for george
    nets: get a sf and a sixt man.

    we will still have some capspace after the move. so we can still sign nene

    Pg: Dwill/hinrich/gaines
    Sg: Brooks/hinrich
    Sf: Granger/james
    Pf: Nene/ Jwill
    C: Lopez/Nene

    i think it's a good rotation.

    What do you guys think about that??
    That team would be nice but I suggested a better option in the other thread.
    Instead of trading for Granger, trade for a top 7-10 pick in the 2012 draft to fill the SF position. I think we could get one of Harrison Barnes, James McAdoo, Quincy Miller, Michael Gilchrist, Perry Jones, or Terrence Jones. They would be younger, their contract would be much cheaper, and it would probably cost less to move up around 15 spots in the draft than trading for Danny Granger.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    anything to get rid of Outlaw!

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    That team would be nice but I suggested a better option in the other thread.
    Instead of trading for Granger, trade for a top 7-10 pick in the 2012 draft to fill the SF position. I think we could get one of Harrison Barnes, James McAdoo, Quincy Miller, Michael Gilchrist, Perry Jones, or Terrence Jones. They would be younger, their contract would be much cheaper, and it would probably cost less to move up around 15 spots in the draft than trading for Danny Granger.
    What would Nets give up in order to acquire a top 7-10 pick in the 2012 draft?
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19,946
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Any of you guys think Trevor Ariza can become available for trade if Paul is traded by NO?

    He would be sick on the team-

    Deron
    Brooks/Morrow
    Ariza
    Nene
    Lopez
    Probably really inconsistent production from the wings.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    What would Nets give up in order to acquire a top 7-10 pick in the 2012 draft?
    If the rockets makes the playoffs this year(Which is likely if they sign Chandler), we would probably be looking at a top 15-20 pick. You don't think we have the assets (Rockets 1st, Nets 1st, Morrow, Farmar, James) to move up 10 spots?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    If the rockets makes the playoffs this year(Which is likely if they sign Chandler), we would probably be looking at a top 15-20 pick. You don't think we have the assets (Rockets 1st, Nets 1st, Morrow, Farmar, James) to move up 10 spots?
    Right now, I expect Nets pick to be a top 10 pick.

    And including those players you mentioned in a trade won't inspire many teams to give up a top 10 pick. They are just players that take up capspace, at this point.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    Right now, I expect Nets pick to be a top 10 pick.

    And including those players you mentioned in a trade won't inspire many teams to give up a top 10 pick. They are just players that take up capspace, at this point.
    wow, you're quite the optimist!!!

    lets look at it this way. would you trade the 8th pick for the 17th pick(rockets), 20th pick(nets), one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba(morrow), guard that can improve your bench(farmar), and a first round pick from the 2010 draft(james). We haven't seen much from James yet, so we don't know how valuable he will be. A combination of these can help us move up if we need to.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    wow, you're quite the optimist!!!

    lets look at it this way. would you trade the 8th pick for the 17th pick(rockets), 20th pick(nets), one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba(morrow), guard that can improve your bench(farmar), and a first round pick from the 2010 draft(james). We haven't seen much from James yet, so we don't know how valuable he will be. A combination of these can help us move up if we need to.
    Hell, you can always hope.

    And why should any Net fan be an optimist? Or any human being, for that matter?
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    Hell, you can always hope.

    And why should any Net fan be an optimist? Or any human being, for that matter?
    I don't want to get into this again, lol.

    But how are we going to be a top 10 pick? We have arguably the best pg in the game, a blossoming young center, assets to make a big trade, and capspace to make a splash in free agency. That's not a reason to be optimistic?

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    I don't want to get into this again, lol.

    But how are we going to be a top 10 pick? We have arguably the best pg in the game, a blossoming young center, assets to make a big trade, and capspace to make a splash in free agency. That's not a reason to be optimistic?
    Should Net fans be as optimistic as they were last offseason?
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    Should Net fans be as optimistic as they were last offseason?
    There is a big difference this season. We have a top 10 NBA player on the team already.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,309
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStar-8 View Post
    There is a big difference this season. We have a top 10 NBA player on the team already.
    So be optimistic.

    I remember the 1976 offseason. Nets had the best player in the game. That turned out really well, didn't it?
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    So be optimistic.

    I remember the 1976 offseason. Nets had the best player in the game. That turned out really well, didn't it?
    I wasn't born yet, but from what I've heard Dr. J was an absolute beast.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •