Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbobw241 View Post
    God Nets fans are such homers. How the **** is Deandre Jordan a role player at best? 116-105 Offense to Defense Rating. .122 WS/48. Brook was only 108-110 and .105. Not to mention Jordan being a freak of an athlete while Brook is well Brook.
    You can bring up all the offense to defense ratings you want. I love Jordan as a player and I've said that I wanted him as our back-up.

But why do I say he's a role player at best?

1) He has no post game or face-up game.
    2) He has no touch around the rim.
    3) He commits so many stupid fouls that he loses playing time because he's always in foul trouble.
    4) Defensively he has all the tools but needs to learn to play defense without fouling.
    5) Maybe the worst FT shooter in the NBA.

That being said, he does have two things going for him which is size and athleticism.

He can become very good, but as of right now he would be among the last Centers I take if I were to re-draft the entire NBA.

DeAndre Jordan is getting better. His shot selection is nice, and again he has nice potential.

vCash

Marc Gasol

Marc has told Memphis he wants at least 9 million a season

If he does not resign there, go get him Nets.

Trade Lopez and 2 picks, anyone but Deron
    Take back Marc and Rudy Gay

What do people think about the prospect of Marc to the Nets?
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    pass

dwight or bust

lopez > gay anyway

vCash
    Edit sorry please delete this post

vCash

Sign Nene/Gasol trade Lopez

With all the rumors of the Nets pursuing Nene and Chandler it really got me thinking of what we have to do to improve this roster. Nene is very talented and I know people think he can play the PF position very effectively but I don't really see it. Chandler at the 4 makes even less sense so acquiring him without trading Lopez is useless.

While D12 is everyones #1 target, the news today of DWILL not signing an extension while expected, still got me a queasy at the thought of not having Howard and losing Williams going into Brooklyn. Unfortunately if we use all our time and resources trying to acquire the big man, and hes traded/signs somewhere else were left with the same crappy team and we probably kiss Williams goodbye.

This is why I say we give Orlando the ultimatum to start the offseason offering Lopez 2 firsts and the cap releif from Hedo. Most likely they won't take it this early but we have to move on. In this FA class center is the only position of depth so if we can sign Nene at 5-65 million or Gasol at 4-42 million I say we jump on it and trade Lopez who still has a ton of value for a young scorer. Guys like Granger, Ellis, Curry (dream), K. Martin, and Gordon might be had for Lopez with some of the resources we possess. This team might not win the championship this year but its a hell of a upgrade and we can hopefully keep D Will and make a serious playoff run

D Will
    Brooks
    Granger (third team involved)
    Hump
    Nene

vCash
    God Nets fans are such homers. How the **** is Deandre Jordan a role player at best? 116-105 Offense to Defense Rating. .122 WS/48. Brook was only 108-110 and .105. Not to mention Jordan being a freak of an athlete while Brook is well Brook.
    I take a break from PSD to come back and find Robbob more of a negative nancy than llemon?

You sound like a Knicks fan.. resorting to these stats that make little to no sense to me.. lol

DeAndre Jordan and Eric Gordon are players I really like, but I also think you need to give Lopez's trade value a little more credit.

Stats don't always tell the whole story.
    ^^^

vCash
    I was disappointed in Lopez this year. He is 7ft tall and cant even grab 7 rebounds. He needs to be more aggressive. Before last season I would say Lopez over any center besides howard. Now I would rather have Marc Gasol over Lopez. Gasol has developed a nice offensive game and is a beast on the boards. Along with the fact that he is 100% aggressive and has that must win attitude/drive

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by to2ocool11 View Post
    I was disappointed in Lopez this year. He is 7ft tall and cant even grab 7 rebounds. He needs to be more aggressive. Before last season I would say Lopez over any center besides howard. Now I would rather have Marc Gasol over Lopez. Gasol has developed a nice offensive game and is a beast on the boards. Along with the fact that he is 100% aggressive and has that must win attitude/drive
    Unless its for Howard, I don't want them to trade Lopez.

I want to give him one more year, it's so hard to find a 7 footer that can score, I'm hoping that with an offseason of hard work, he can improve sIgnifigantly.
    I'm still hoping that mono he had lat year was the reason for his soft play.

We will see

vCash
    Brook actually doesnt receive enough criticism. The first time I heard Avery say something about his defense/rebounding was the 1st PHX OT loss. Dude has gotten WORSE at rebounding and defense since his rookie year when he was actually ok at it. Finally someone spoke up so hopefully it motivated him to do something about it.

vCash
    I think these next 40 games will prove if Brook Lopez stays with the nets for a long time to come or he gets traded at the deadline. He will have enough games without the melo drama and with Deron William to show what he can really do on the offensive and defensive end of the floor...if he shows he can handle the defensive end and rebound with authority...I think nets don't trade for Howard because they would have to break up the entire team to get him...this season goes well...you might see Lopez with the nets for a very long time. Better option would be to sign wing players at that point who can spread the floor and give Deron William and Lopez some options. I hope that off season work out with Olajuwon pays off and we see some big numbers out of Lopez because that would shorten the path to a championship caliber team.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vvhzau

I think it makes sense.

Hawks: fill the bench and save 9 million
    pacers: get a starting caliber pf and free up the sf spot for george
    nets: get a sf and a sixt man.

we will still have some capspace after the move. so we can still sign nene

Pg: Dwill/hinrich/gaines
    Sg: Brooks/hinrich
    Sf: Granger/james
    Pf: Nene/ Jwill
    C: Lopez/Nene

i think it's a good rotation.

What do you guys think about that??

vCash
    We're not going to trade our scrubs for Granger and Hinrich.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Yo someone make a 1k post rule for proposing trades in this thread. They are all awful.

The Future

vCash
    Yo someone make a 1k post rule for proposing trades in this thread. They are all awful.
    Looks like you don't make the cut bro
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N. View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vvhzau

I think it makes sense.

Hawks: fill the bench and save 9 million
    pacers: get a starting caliber pf and free up the sf spot for george
    nets: get a sf and a sixt man.

we will still have some capspace after the move. so we can still sign nene

Pg: Dwill/hinrich/gaines
    Sg: Brooks/hinrich