Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Bay New J View Post
    Okur and a 1st for a 2015 2nd rounder??? C'mon llemon.
    And a $10.4 mil saving for a player they didn't want?

Hell yeah, a 1st rdr.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by llemon View Post
    Dude, Nets gave up all available capspace for a player Jazz would have amnestied if he wasn't on the last year of his contract.

Jazz now have a $10+ mil trade exception, stilll have their amnesty option, and don't have to pay Okur.

Are you smart enough to understand any of this?

Jazz should have sent 2 2nd rdrs to the Nets. That would have been much closer to fair.

But when BK is your GM, you can only ask so much.

If Pritchard were our GM, Nets would have gotten a 1st rdr back in that exchange.
    You come off as a jerk off, you really going to talk down to me? Didnt you also complain about the DWill deal? BK is trying to make the nets relevant and you have a problem with that.. why are you a fan? This team is the best we've had since Kidd, Jefferson and KMart. We needed a big man and King went out and got the best possible option for as little as possible. With Petro playing the 5 we would miss out on playoffs and DWill would walk indefinitely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HandMeABeer View Post
    You come off as a jerk off, you really going to talk down to me? Didnt you also complain about the DWill deal? BK is trying to make the nets relevant and you have a problem with that.. why are you a fan? This team is the best we've had since Kidd, Jefferson and KMart. We needed a big man and King went out and got the best possible option for as little as possible. With Petro playing the 5 we would miss out on playoffs and DWill would walk indefinitely.
    As I have said, breakout the champagne.

vCash
    Let's not glorify BK, I wanted the long rebuilding process and he jumped the gun. But I'll give him props for not screwing us when Deron goes to Dallas.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    So it doesn't look like AK47 isn't going to sign before January 9th. Is it possible for Utah to sign a trade AK47 to the Nets and we give them Farmar and Petro? The Jazz are pretty much our best friend in the NBA so maybe they'll be cool with that lol. Plus we can sign Gilbert Arenas or Nate Robinson to a veteran's minimum.

^ She's A Cutie

NEW JERSEY NETS 4-EVER

vCash
    I think a good fit for the Nets if they do get D12 would be millsap.. Dunno how we would come about it though.. hopefully through free agency. Also if Josh Smith is a good fit also with the way he plays the wing. Would be a dominate defence with smith and howard and with all the spreading the floor wing players the nets have picked up in this years off season ( Okur, Shawne Williams , Brooks , Stevenson ) And with Farmar and Morrow still there the only dribble drive or inside presence they have will be williams , Howard , smith which is needed from at least one wing player.. I know it is very optimistic and the cap won't let us have all these players but if somehow someway we could swing either of these players would make us a second round playoff team for sure... With both and the role players the nets have.. it could go very close to the end. Go Nets should be interesting to see what will happen

vCash
    (Posted this in another thread, wanted to see what my fellow Nets fans thought as well)

This one aint so bad in my opinion for all teams involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czq2clt

To the Nets: Howard, Turkoglu, 2nd round pick in 2013 from GS
    To the Warriors: Brook Lopez, OJ Mayo, Damion James, 1st rounder from Griz (top 14 protected)
    To The Magic: Monta Ellis, Mehmet Okur (expiring contract), 1st round (Nets) in 2012, Rockets 1st rounder in 2012, GS 1st rounder in 2013 (top 8 protected), Nets 1st rounder in 2013, possible cash considerations (Nets)
    To the Grizzlies: Dorrell Wright, Nets 2012 2nd, Nets 2013 2nd

I think this could get it done, not trying to be bias (honestly), but for all teams I believe this works out.

The Nets get Howard and Turk: Its what they want so they're obviously willing to give up whatever it takes to get him.

Warriors get Lopez, Mayo, James, pick: Monta has been a so called cancer to this team with constant ball hogging and supposedly many GMs feel he is limiting Steph Currys game. If this is the case he needs to be traded. Surrounding Steph Curry with Lopez, a Top 5 center in the league, Mayo an excellent 2 guard with loads of potential as a starter, and James a solid defender and decent scorer who can either start or come off the bench all can make the Warriors a very solid team all around.

Magic get Ellis and Okur plus picks: On the surface the players dont look like much BUT hauling in a prolific scorer in Monta Ellis could do wonders for the fans in Orlando. Monta could essentially form his own team and learn from a hard nosed coach in Van Gundy, which could only better his game. The magic get a excellent future expiring contract of Okur to help them next season, AND last but certainly not least notch in 4 first rounders, all of which could easily haul the Magic 2 solid young kids this year and 2 next year. Plus there own picks. Its a great way for ORL to rebuild, get plenty of cap space, get young again, and have potential to be back in the East within the next 5 years.

Grizzlies get Dorell Wright: Dorell Wright is a solid scorer and rebounder, something perfect to start for the Griz at the 2 spot of come off the bench similar to Mayo. He is a great outside shooter and is locked up through 2013. Something OJ Mayo is not. The Griz want to trade Mayo badly, why not get a solid player and a few second rounders back for him instead of losing him in the off season?

Just a thought, not proclaiming to be the worlds BEST trade but pretty solid IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    (Posted this in another thread, wanted to see what my fellow Nets fans thought as well)

This one aint so bad in my opinion for all teams involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czq2clt

To the Nets: Howard, Turkoglu, 2nd round pick in 2013 from GS
    To the Warriors: Brook Lopez, OJ Mayo, Damion James, 1st rounder from Griz (top 14 protected)
    To The Magic: Monta Ellis, Mehmet Okur (expiring contract), 1st round (Nets) in 2012, Rockets 1st rounder in 2012, GS 1st rounder in 2013 (top 8 protected), Nets 1st rounder in 2013, possible cash considerations (Nets)
    To the Grizzlies: Dorrell Wright, Nets 2012 2nd, Nets 2013 2nd

I think this could get it done, not trying to be bias (honestly), but for all teams I believe this works out.

The Nets get Howard and Turk: Its what they want so they're obviously willing to give up whatever it takes to get him.

Warriors get Lopez, Mayo, James, pick: Monta has been a so called cancer to this team with constant ball hogging and supposedly many GMs feel he is limiting Steph Currys game. If this is the case he needs to be traded. Surrounding Steph Curry with Lopez, a Top 5 center in the league, Mayo an excellent 2 guard with loads of potential as a starter, and James a solid defender and decent scorer who can either start or come off the bench all can make the Warriors a very solid team all around.

Magic get Ellis and Okur plus picks: On the surface the players dont look like much BUT hauling in a prolific scorer in Monta Ellis could do wonders for the fans in Orlando. Monta could essentially form his own team and learn from a hard nosed coach in Van Gundy, which could only better his game. The magic get a excellent future expiring contract of Okur to help them next season, AND last but certainly not least notch in 4 first rounders, all of which could easily haul the Magic 2 solid young kids this year and 2 next year. Plus there own picks. Its a great way for ORL to rebuild, get plenty of cap space, get young again, and have potential to be back in the East within the next 5 years.

Grizzlies get Dorell Wright: Dorell Wright is a solid scorer and rebounder, something perfect to start for the Griz at the 2 spot of come off the bench similar to Mayo. He is a great outside shooter and is locked up through 2013. Something OJ Mayo is not. The Griz want to trade Mayo badly, why not get a solid player and a few second rounders back for him instead of losing him in the off season?

Just a thought, not proclaiming to be the worlds BEST trade but pretty solid IMO.

ummmm why would the warriors EVER want to do that deal?

vCash
    excuse me I apologize I read it wrong actually the warriors would def WANT TO do that

vCash
    The Nets need to trade for josh smith hes a good power forward that can play sf and he would attract howard because they played on the same AAU team as kids and hes a good player and adding this two will get D-Will to stay if we trade for smith now we can sign Howard in the offseason and keep the draft picks and get some good young players like terrence jones in the middle of the first round

i dnt know how the nets would get smith maybe offering hump and james a 2013 first pick and some other players any thoughts?

vCash
    The Warriors want to get better defensively. Trading Ellis is one step forward, getting Brook Lopez is taking five steps back.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPanda35 View Post
    The Nets need to trade for josh smith hes a good power forward that can play sf and he would attract howard because they played on the same AAU team as kids and hes a good player and adding this two will get D-Will to stay if we trade for smith now we can sign Howard in the offseason and keep the draft picks and get some good young players like terrence jones in the middle of the first round

i dnt know how the nets would get smith maybe offering hump and james a 2013 first pick and some other players any thoughts?
    there are a lot of better offers for him elsewhere

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Please remember that teams can't make trades that leave them without a 1st rd pick for two drafts in a row.

vCash
    Would that blockbuster work....

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wseremetis View Post
    excuse me I apologize I read it wrong actually the warriors would def WANT TO do that
    Lol I'm a little confused, so its a good deal in your eyes? Or is that sarcasm? Eh, ill take it as a compliment and thank you. The Warriors would be set up nicely in this deal , they become a bit more complete, allow Stephens Curry to run his own team, and get better defensively imo.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast