Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

The Natural & I. Bluejackets Trade Rumors, Draft, FA, Thread. Hownson look for ideas.

Well we can discuss things here.

Natural did you like the trade?

vCash
    Let's ressurect this ***** and get this forum someone tolerable. I liked the trade, it's encouraged me to purchase half season tickets for the upcoming season. However, as it appears we traded Filatov who I loved for nothing , I'm pissed now. We should have sent him off instead of Voracek. Jesus, I'm stunned right now.

vCash
    Yeah me to, I don't know why thy would do this.

Any another trades on your mind?

vCash
    There has to be more than meets the eye. I'd like to get an elite defender and a puck moving defender. I have no idea what we could trade now though, with Filatov and Voracek gone I'm not sure if we have much to trade. We're not getting rid of Johansen, hopefully anyways.

vCash
    Yeah Johanson will be a beat. Other than Nash and Johanson hopefully we suck at drafting in the 1st round. Unrealistic, but they should just trade all their 1sts for a good D like Dan Boyle ha

vCash
    RyJo will be great, no doubt about it. We got strength at the C. Our wings aren't bad. Our biggest need is defense. I'm not sure we're at that level to start trading everything away like the Flyers for a cup run. Maybe in a few years. Like you said thought, our first round drafting has been terrible. Truthfully, Brent Burns would have bee ideal for us, I would have no clue as to what we could have traded though.

vCash
    Filatov, Vermette, and 2012 2nd round pick for Bruns....?

vCash
    Drafting these two centers, it makes me think that they might trade Vermette or Umberger, not Phalsson, not enough value but, trading for Carter, Johanson is up, that gives us 6 centers that is on the team.

While just trading awhile two of our highest trade values, I don't really know who else would be in a trade but I could see another big trade happening for a D. Them sign a couple wings and this team would be good.

Any thoughts on this and who they would trade for.

I'll post but my iPod is going to die so I need to post this quick.

Thoughts?

vCash
    I think that'd been a great trade for Minny Filly, Jake and a 2nd would have instantly gave them two offensive players in their early 20s. Of course then we don't have Jeff Carter.

We need Umberger, I think the brass probably will look to trade Vermette. He's our last tradeable asset, although Umberger has more value I can't see us getting rid of him. Realistically, I can see us trading him, and some future picks, for a SOLID shut down defenseman, maybe throw in Moore and that would upgrade the package. There were rumors we were making a play for Campbell. As to who we could be looking for I have no idea, All the guys on the block have been moved.

EDIT: I look for us to obtain a Scott Hannan like defenseman, maybe even Scott Hannan himself if he doesn't resign with Washington.

From what I've learned about the Filatov situation he demanded a move or he was going to the KHL and a lot of people had given up on him anyways. Looks like getting a 3rd for him wasn't a bad move afterall.

vCash
    Yeah I guess. But I like Umberger, I like Vermette to but I rather put Vermette in a package. I actually think Vermette has more value, he is a great center.

Vermette, Moore, 2012 1st round pick and 2013 2nd round pick for Bobby Ryan and Lubomir Visnovsky.......?

That's kinda of a reach buts that would be nice if they tried. And they also have Murray so that's 7 centers so I see a big trade.

Ryan Johanson Nash
    Umberger Carter Calvert
    Upshall Brassard Huselius
    Boll Murray Dorsett

Visnovsky Stralman
    Tyutin Russel
    Hejda Clistmore

Mason
    Garon

That team could make the playoffs. Enough said
    Last edited by cavsbluejackets; 06-25-2011 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Lets not get silly about potential trades. There is no way they can pry away guys like Ryan or other budding superstars without giving away too many assets. As for trades for a D-man there is no need b/c this years free agency is only deep in one area and thats defense. With players like Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Kaberle, Pitkanen, Wisniewski, Babchuk, and even Ian White the over saturation of talent in this area plus a team that looks significantly better with Carter should up the chances of a signing by the Jackets. Also I would look for a signing of a good backup goalie who can get Steve to settle down and play the way he should play, but also be able to take over completely. Someone like Hedberg or Conklin. I don't think the Jackets will be making any more significant trades unless they can parlay one of their centers into a winger of equal skill to replace Vorcek.

My prediction for their starting lineup looks something like this

Nash-Carter-Huselius
    Umberger-Vermette-Brassard
    Clavert-Pahlsson-Wilson/Murray/UFA signing/Rookie
    Dossette-McKenzie-Boll

Wisniewski-Tyutin
    Stralman-Russel
    Clitsome-Methot

Mason
    Hedberg

*First off Carter was acquired to play with Nash, no beating around the bush and Huselius has the creativity to play with those guys
    *Second Brassard and Vermette are top 6, they needs to play with top 6 guys on their line. Brassard has to move to the wing or somehow the Jackets have to move Vermette for a second line winger. They can't afford to pay either to not play up to their pay grader. Brassard is young and creative, he can do it.
    *Third Upshall likely won't resign, in fact I think he said so publicly. Shame b/c he would be a perfect fit on Pahlsson's line. Instead they will have to find their answer elsewhere. Calvert proved more than capable of playing in the NHL. Perhaps someone else in the organization will step up. They may sign a veteran winger as insurance, that would be a smart move.
    *The fourth line is an obvious combination that should look to spend more time in the box than on the ice.
    *For Defense if we lose or decide not to resign Hedja we could spend the money on a good young reliable puck moving defenseman to run the pp. Something we lack sorely. Wisniewski fits the bill, putting up 51 points this year and upping his defensive game in Montreal. After signing Markov to a huge deal and reportedly making offers to Hamrlik they may not be able to bring Wis back making him a good option for the Jackets, though probably not a cheap one. The rest of the D will likely remain the same.
    *Bringing in Hedberg would solidify their goal situation for the year after an excellent season in NJ despite their troubles. This is of course assuming we don't bring back Garon who was sporadic last season.
    *As for Johanson, if he doesn't look absolutely phenomenal at training camp look for him to play in the minors to continue developing. Rushing prospects can really hurt their development. We are so deep at center I doubt they will feel the need to bring him in, he could break in on the wing but management will want him as a top 6 where he belongs. Not stuck down on the checking line.
    Last edited by dmsmith; 06-26-2011 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    ????????

Im not going to say all that I want but Carter and Nash probably won't play well together so they probably will put two stars on two lines. Also watch Johanson to play with Nash this year. He just needed to add some strength and he played great last year. And they probably will trade a center, they have 7 centers on the roster including Johanson, excluding Mckenzie. They will trade probably Vermette and Mckenzie for a W or D. And sign a good FA, over pay.

This is all I think they will do and should do, makes sense. Trade for Boyle or Visnovsky, Ryan is probably unrealistic but it's possible, anything is if they tried and gave up enough, him and Nash would be GREAT!

Then sign a Wing

vCash
    dmsmith you're right about the defensemen in free agency. I see Ehrhoff and Bieksa resigning with with Canucks though, I believe they will make it happen. I'd love Ehrhoff though, he's young and we could build around him. I don't want any part of Kaberle unless it's for under 2 mil which I doubt that'd happen. Wisniewski is the only one I would want outside of Erhoff or Bieksa. I agree I doubt we make any trades, truthfully we made a HUGE trade for JC.

I don't see Brassard moving to a wing, especially if Johanson isn't ready, Vermette would be more ideal in my opinion. I also agree with cavsbluejackets, I don't think JC and Nash will play great together they are both scorers, and I believe it would give us 2 really good scoring lines as opposed to 1 great one and 1 solid one.

Cavsbluejackets, you didn't like the Cavaliers draft? I'm an NBA fan but I don't really have a team but follow the Cavs a little bit due to my family rooting interests.

vCash
    ^^^
    Ok I guess I see them making a big singing like Erhoff or Bieska. But I do think Johanson will play, because I see him playing per season and I see him succeeding and playing the regular season them.

Also I didn't like the Cavs draft because Thompson is like Hickson and they also traded away Justin Harper who they drafted with the 32 pick. Thompson will be good but no room, I think Kyrie of course was the best thing in this draft.

vCash
    So it's rumored that the Jackets are looking for dman in free agency, it isn't a shock and there's some good ones.

I like signing Bieska and Erhoff if possible.

Then resigning Upshall

Carter, Johanson, Bieska, Erhoff then Brassard and Upshall also Huselius played little with the Jackets last year and these guys could make this team very good.

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast