Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks Boom, then my hope to bring him back since he is an RFA are extremely tempered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyoscars View Post
    I don't see the Hawks stashing Olesz though. We still have 1 more year of Huet's $5.625 mil deal being stashed. That's A LOT to ask a owner to throw away another $3 mil plus onto that.
    Why is no one talking about bringing Andrew Ladd back!? That's hopefully our next move even though a 2nd line center is the more pressing need.
    Whatever happens I am happy no matter what, because I had been wanting the Hawks to dump Campbell's salary since the day he signed it essentially!
    why would he leave being a captain?

now im all for it i just dont see it happening
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post

I agree. I don't see it happening.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...izes-potential
    Jesse Rogers
    ST.PAUL, Minn. -- In addition to shedding salary the Chicago Blackhawks also received a former first-round pick, Rostislav Olesz, when they traded defenseman Brian Campbell to Florida late Thursday night.

Olesz injured his knee in late February and missed the rest of the season after scoring six goals and 11 assists in 44 games. He had successful offseason knee surgery that should have him ready for next year.

“Timing wise he’ll be prepared,” general manager Stan Bowman said. “With those knee injuries, you have to do the time to put in the rehab, but it’s not a concern. He’ll be ready for camp.”

By all accounts Olesz has a ton of unrealized potential since being drafted seventh overall in 2004.

“This guy has potential to be a great player,” Panthers general manager Dale Tallon said. “He’s huge and can skate. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out in Florida. I don’t know for what reasons. This guy has tremendous upside.”
    A lot of people are talking about his offensive potential, but nobody's seen it yet. As already mentioned, taking the buyout route cuts that cap hit a lot. He'll be healthy by camp, so a buyout is certainly possible, here. A NTC on a questionable talent with about a $3 mil hit is absolutely scary.

We could always give Ladder an offer and help Chevy make it to the cap floor quicker.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    I know he is a C but, if we keep Olesz would he be an option to play on the line with Toews and Kane? He has roughly the size of Brouwer and, from what I remember seeing, has some grit to his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I know he is a C but, if we keep Olesz would he be an option to play on the line with Toews and Kane? He has roughly the size of Brouwer and, from what I remember seeing, has some grit to his game.
    He plays left wing from what I read, but planning for him to be on the top line wouldn't be fair. Scoring depth would be the hope at this point, but at his cap hit he'll need to be a scorer.

vCash

I don't know how I messed up reading winger. Thanks for the insight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post

I just find it suspicious that they were able to re-up Big Buff so fast, but negotiations with Captain Ladd haven't led to anything. Just makes me curious that's all.....

vCash
    I just find it suspicious that they were able to re-up Big Buff so fast, but negotiations with Captain Ladd haven't led to anything. Just makes me curious that's all.....
    I think Buff's numbers did the talking, and they offered prematurely, and rightly he said where do I sign.' He might never score like he did again, but he'll get paid like he will.

Ladd's impact isn't easy to peg, and with him not yet having a contract can decide where to take the team, or how they want it led. I'd assume they're aiming for the floor, though, and can certainly afford him.

vCash
    Hawks need to use that money on bruisers like Eager or Janssen. Richards would be a big waste

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tschreiner24 View Post
    Hawks need to use that money on bruisers like Eager or Janssen. Richards would be a big waste
    You understand that both of them together would at most on a good day command 2.5 million combined.
    That leaves plenty of room for a very good center who actually provides you with something on the scoreboard.
    Eager and Janssen would be good for some toughness and to fill out the backlines, but to say Richards is a waste and advocating for Eager/Janssen over him is just plain.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    i dont see him wanting to leave the "C" to become a regular on the Blackhawks, he deserves to be captain and i dont see him dropping tht status
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    you know what, i didnt even think of that, that is true...

but he was called in as one of the few Thrashers-Jets players to look at the new facility and to say wat new things they wood need..so i see him going back there..isnt he from the winninpeg area? or am i WAAAYYYY off..
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Woah, now. Richards might not be necessary, but he would absolutely be a luxury in moving Sharp to the wing and having 3 dominant centers on the top 3 lines. You build winning franchises up the middle, not by worrying about your goons.

At a league minimum we can find good 4th liners that can play on edge, we don't have to get a familiar name, nor do we need an Eager reunion tour. Don't let the Cup glory cloud your memories of his play. We have in house bottom 6 forwards that we can promote and will gladly play a checking on edge role.

vCash
    agree, but we cood sign both for a total of 2-3 mill..
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast