Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    What about the draft picks? Did Bowman reach an Danault?

vCash
    good move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    What about the draft picks? Did Bowman reach an Danault?
    I really don't think so. He was ranked 27th on most sites and everyone talks about how he lays it all on the line every game and never takes a play off. Sounds like a really good player we could use. It will probably take him a few years before he gets a shot at the NHL but they say he can be a very solid 2nd or 3rd line player

vCash
    Rumors are that Bowman might buy out Olesz. That would save us about 2.3Mil in cap space, and quite frankly we could use that 2.3mil to get a better player than Olesz.

Buyout period ends June 30th, so we'll know by then.

vCash
    Wow, Ive been in Europe for the entire month of June and will be back in the states on tuesday and hopefully posting more.

I havent had wifi in many places but today I did get it and it looks like Bowman pulled this trade out of his ***. Im all for it and Mcneil is a great pick. i was hoping hed fall to us.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Rumors are that Bowman might buy out Olesz. That would save us about 2.3Mil in cap space, and quite frankly we could use that 2.3mil to get a better player than Olesz.

Buyout period ends June 30th, so we'll know by then.
    I thought we couldn't buy him out since he's injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Yea, I'm looking into that right now.

It is goofy and I'm still trying to understand it. I know the Rangers had an issue with supposedly trying to buy out Drury.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369937

TSN is saying that the Blackhawks can buy him out. They could be wrong.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369913

Something else that is important. Olesz has a no trade clause that kicks in July 1st.

vCash
    Thats good, I'd definitely buy him out then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Alright, so my understanding on this.

The Rangers cannot buy out Drury because there is a good chance he will not be able to play this upcoming season.

The Blackhawks can buy out Olesz because he will be able to play this season.

My understanding is that you cannot buy out a player if they will not be able to play in the upcoming season. So I think we are good...atleast I hope we are!

vCash

Good deal....

Dumping Soupys contract is a huge deal. He was a good player, but not at the 6-7 million cap hit he was taking. Now lets go get a solid FA D-Man with all the extra money now sitting on Bowmans desk. And lets hold off on the Olesz kid. Florida is a terrible team with zero O. Frolik was re-born when he came here. Lets see what Olesz does when he gets here. I will admit his salary is a bit rediculous for the very low numbers he has put up. Did Tallon give him that deal too?? In any event... they needed to re-build the team a bit and now have the money to do it. Add to that what has been a stellar draft this weekend.... Hawks have done a great job.. Now get Campoli and Frolik signed and extend Sharpy....

vCash
    If they can buy him out that would be the best. I didn't know he had a NTC that kicked in next week so hopefully they just buy him out who we can save the $2.3 mil and use it towards someone they can actually use

vCash
    I don't see the Hawks stashing Olesz though. We still have 1 more year of Huet's $5.625 mil deal being stashed. That's A LOT to ask a owner to throw away another $3 mil plus onto that.
    Why is no one talking about bringing Andrew Ladd back!? That's hopefully our next move even though a 2nd line center is the more pressing need.
    Whatever happens I am happy no matter what, because I had been wanting the Hawks to dump Campbell's salary since the day he signed it essentially!

vCash
    Is Ladd a RFA or an UFA?

vCash
    ^^^ RFA, which means he will definitely be harder to get and would cost us compensation.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast