Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Sparty View Post
    does anyone have a scouting report on olesz? What kind of a player is he? Looking at season stats can only say so much
    Just another bad contract given out to a guy that had one good season. Still frees up $4 mil or Hawks could put him in the minors and free up $7 mil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Just another bad contract given out to a guy that had one good season. Still frees up $4 mil or Hawks could put him in the minors and free up $7 mil
    or attempt to trade him
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    I've never seen the guy but how do you get a deal like that based on a 30 pt (career high) season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I've never seen the guy but how do you get a deal like that based on a 30 pt (career high) season?
    Tallon must like BJ's from hockey players, how do you think Campbell got his deal

vCash
    Where is Boom? We need his take on all this. What a night.

vCash
    Anyone have any info on Olesz? Has a decent contract, any potential there?

vCash
    I hope we just trade him, get him off our back...
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    fla-chi deal involving campbell and olesz is now official. #tsn
    -tsn

vCash
    who would be interested in trading for olesz?
    Last edited by Chi~TwnHawksFan; 06-25-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Solid trade unloading Campbell's contract. I'm not a fan of Olesz though, but it's worth it. Chicago needs to focus on getting themselves another top four defenseman, though. Toronto has a few defenseman available with the log jam at 'D'.

vCash
    Great deal by Chicago.

I hate to lose Campbell, but love to lose his contract. This frees up a whole lot for this team and makes everything a whole lot easier going forward.

Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Campoli (if signed) is still a great Defense. Then we can hopefully go out and get a #5/6 guy that has grit and kills penalties.

vCash
    love this trade. i really liked campbell but not at 7 mil. this trade give us about 14 mil cap room for 6 players.

i think 3 mil will be saved for sharps extension as well as roster and cap flexibility during the season. hope we get campoli and frolik signed at a combined 4 - 4.5 mil, which leaves us w/ about 6.5 - 7(more if we can get rid of olesz contract, maybe we could Huet him) mil in cap room for 4 players. hopefully that is enough to get a good 2nd line C, 2 gritty/skilled/big 4th line forwards and a gritty/big 5/6th defenseman that kills penalties.

vCash
    This is what rotoworld had to say about him

Olesz is an enigma. He has tremendous offensive ability but has been either inconsistent or injured and as a result has failed to live up to expectations. Perhaps a fresh start in Chicago is what he needs. If he can get his act together and come back healthy from knee surgery, he could put up some numbers on one of the Hawks' scoring lines. Monitor his play in the pre-season carefully.
    So it sounds like he has to ability to be good. Maybe he can come back from surgery and know he has to do something for us or he will be in the minors. Maybe the motivation will up his play but thats a couple maybes on him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    This is what rotoworld had to say about him

So it sounds like he has to ability to be good. Maybe he can come back from surgery and know he has to do something for us or he will be in the minors. Maybe the motivation will up his play but thats a couple maybes on him
    I doubt it and I really am not a fan of his to be honest. I really don't see how he fits in to our roster and would not be surprised to see him have a very short leash when it comes to making our roster

vCash
    To me this trade is great. I love Soupy to death, but his contract was one of the worst in the NHL. He was one of our more consistent D-Men last year, but his contract was cumbersome to say the least. We were able to keep Hammer and Leddy, now hopefully we can bring in a nice D-Man as a 5th or 6th and kill the PP. Keith/Seabrook/Hammer/Leddy/Campoli/? is a damn good defense, especially with a re-motivated Keith.

We now have, according to the source I read, roughly 18 mil to play with. We can really work on our lines with that kind of money in FA, while locking up the key UFA/RFA's coming up like Campoli, Frolik, and Sharpie. If Olesz doesn't impress or make the team, it's even more money we save as he represents another 3.1 off the books. I'm not opposed to keeping him at Rockford or turning around and trading him, as we have absolutely no loyalty to a guy whose career high is 30 pts, has a bad contract, and is coming off surgery.

Source:

http://www.thehockeygm.com/chi.html

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast