Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    i dont see him wanting to leave the "C" to become a regular on the Blackhawks, he deserves to be captain and i dont see him dropping tht status
    He was thinking Olesz was a center, not referring to Ladd at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    you know what, i didnt even think of that, that is true...

but he was called in as one of the few Thrashers-Jets players to look at the new facility and to say wat new things they wood need..so i see him going back there..isnt he from the winninpeg area? or am i WAAAYYYY off..
    Byfuglien is from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. There were also stories of Ladd meeting the media and fans in Winn after the team was announced as well. I think the lack of alacrity in Ladd's signing is of a different nature. The team wasn't building anew and trying to plot its direction when they gave Dustin his money. A lot of people still think they paid the wrong defenseman!

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    I see no way that Ladd doesn't re-sign with the Jets. Who wouldn't want to be the FACE of the long awaited return of the Winnipeg Jets? He has a great opportunity to bring the Jets back to glory, as the Captain. I simply don't see him walking, even if someone throws big bucks at him. I don't think the Jets would let their Captain go, as they are trying to make a name for themselves again and win the fans over.
    Last edited by smokeosama; 06-26-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyoscars View Post
    I don't see the Hawks stashing Olesz though. We still have 1 more year of Huet's $5.625 mil deal being stashed. That's A LOT to ask a owner to throw away another $3 mil plus onto that.
    Why is no one talking about bringing Andrew Ladd back!? That's hopefully our next move even though a 2nd line center is the more pressing need.
    Whatever happens I am happy no matter what, because I had been wanting the Hawks to dump Campbell's salary since the day he signed it essentially!
    Well most teams wouldn't have even stashed that 5.6 in the first place but I agree I wouldn't expect it to happen with the length that we owe him that money for as well. Although the apple fell off the tree and then rolled down a mountain in the case from bill to rocky so you never know.

vCash
    Stan is talking as if we are going to keep Olesz.

I hope we don't. I think buying him out and signing a player at about 2.475Mil a year (buyout plus this equals Olesz's cap hit per year) means we get a better player and possibly one that can play center. On top of that Olesz has a no trade clause that kicks in July 1st.

vCash
    That is the only thing I really hate about this trade is Olesz's NTC that kicks in only a couple days away. If he didn't have it than I would be worth giving him a shot and if not try and trade him away for whatever we could get. But I would rather just buy him out and put it towards someone we could actually use

vCash
    When I found out that the Blackhawks traded Soup on Friday I was like no way, who in their right mind would take that contract. Then I laughed as I found out it was the man that gave it to him haha.

I havent read through the thread to read the comments regarding Soup, but I think he was not appreciated because of his contract. Which was not his fault blame Talon. He was a very good player for the Hawks but his contract sucked if he was making half of what he really makes that would be great and he would still be a Hawk but he doesnt so I understand the move.

vCash
    If his contract wasn't so high, I would be really mad at this deal.

Good luck Soup, thanks for helping Chicago capture the cup...
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash

but to say Richards is a waste and advocating for Eager/Janssen over him is just plai

I didnt meanhe was a waste of a player, i went it would be a waste of cap space bcuz we dont nessicarily need him on the team. it would be nice to have him, we just dont need him....but im sure bowman will figure out whats best...

vCash
    I love Bowman and what he is going with whatever he has. Tallon left him with a lot of good players but basically no money. So considering what he has done with the team has done I trust he already has a couple more moves planned. He probably already has Olesz future planned if he is just going to buy him out, try and trade him in the next few days or keep in for the year. Bowman definitely will figure out whats best through free agency

vCash
    For White Sox fans, you have to view the Campbell trade like the Carlos Lee trade prior to 2005, because KW bounced that contract, the Sox were able to sign AJ, El Duque, trade for Pods, and sign Iguchi. Let's hope Bowman uses that salary to get some depth on this team.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456