Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Colorado Avalanche off-season thread

News, notes and comments.

What do you guys think we should do to improve?

I would definately say a goalie is really needed. We need a big scoring forward too that bangs.

vCash
    We need some big, gritty defensemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    We need some big, gritty defensemen.
    Haha pretty much everything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avsman05 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

vCash
    Heres a couple pieces of good news Hejduk at least one more year and looks like Mueller is finally coming around.

Peter Mueller has not been medically cleared to play again yet from a concussion, but the Avalanche brass are hopeful that he will be fine for training camp.
    Colorado GM Greg Sherman and executive adviser Joe Sakic expressed the same optimism that Mueller noted earlier this month when asked about his status. Sherman and Sakic made the update during a teleconference with season-ticket holders on Wednesday morning. Stay tuned.
    The Colorado Avalanche have inked Milan Hejduk to a one-year, $2.6 million contract.
    He could earn as much as $3 million if he reaches the incentives in the deal, which is the amount he made in 2010-11. Hejduk surpassed the 20-goal mark for the 11th straight time this past season. He concluded the year with 22 goals and 56 points in 71 contests. His minus-23 rating was a career-low, but at the age of 35 he showed he can still be a productive forward at the NHL level.

vCash
    I like that we signed the Duke to a nice low contract.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    We're not resigning Budaij.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    We're not resigning Budaij.
    I think that's a good move honestly. Lets go after bryzgalov try to keep him from signing with Philly.

vCash
    I wanna see us trade for cory schneider, jonathan bernier or tuukka rask. We have two 1st round picks to bargain with

vCash
    Tomas Vokoun is still available.

The goalie who turns 35 July 2, will be an unrestricted free agent as of July 1. He told Mlada fronta Dnes, a major Czech newspaper, that he is not thinking of accepting an offer from Avangard Omsk of the Russian KHL, because the NHL remains his preference.

His last seaon, spent with the Florida Panthers wasn’t too shabby either: eighth among goalies with 92.2 per cent save average (on 1,616 saves), in 57 games, GAA 2.55, plus six shutouts.

According to Mlada fronta Dnes, Vokoun has heard from Philadelphia where the club is trying to decide whether to hire Ilya Bryzgalov whose rights it had obtained from the Phoenix Coyotes, or look elsewhere (such as

Vokoun) instead, and from the Coyotes who would like to replace the spot left by Bryzgalov’s departure.

“I would not be displeased if I got a good offer from Floria and accepted it,” the paper quotes Vokoun as saying. “But if I happen to get an offer from a team that might have a chance to challenge for the Stanley Cup, now, that might be irresistible.”

Like which team?

“Like Colorado,” Vokoun said.
    http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-tomas-vokoun/

vCash
    More Vokoun news.

You see a lot of stuff out there on the Interweb, and here was an interesting item on a Edmonton Journal blog today concerning pending free-agent goalie Tomas Vokoun, where he allegedly told a Czech newspaper that would be attracted to an offer from Colorado on July 1 because….they have a good chance for a Stanley Cup in the near future.

Here’s the link.

I will say this: Greg Sherman, when I talked to him a few days ago in Boston, didn’t seem to have a very worried look on his face when asked about the team’s goaltending situation. It would be tampering, of course, if he knew he already had a deal with Vokoun assured – and of course I’m not suggesting that’s happened. It just seemed to me that Sherman looked like a guy who already knew what will happen regarding the goalie
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...in-a-cup/7433/

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash

From a Flyer's fan

Just wanted to get a perspective from your team. How would you feel about the following...

1) Versteeg and Bobrovsky to Colorado for the 2nd overall pick, plus a 2012 3rd rounder

or

2) Bobrovsky and the blue jackets' 8th overall pick to Colorado for the 2nd overall pick

Lots of this talk has been going on in the Flyer's forum. Again wanted a perspective from the other team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avsman05 View Post
    Idk, I think the Avs are going to be pretty good next year. There are some great pieces in Statsny, O'Reilly, Duchene and Johnson. Then the 2nd and 11th picks should bring some impactful players as well. An above average goalie and I hate to say it, but I think the Avs are going to be a tough team to beat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Betts View Post
    Just wanted to get a perspective from your team. How would you feel about the following...

1) Versteeg and Bobrovsky to Colorado for the 2nd overall pick, plus a 2012 3rd rounder

or

2) Bobrovsky and the blue jackets' 8th overall pick to Colorado for the 2nd overall pick

Lots of this talk has been going on in the Flyer's forum. Again wanted a perspective from the other team.
    HELLZ no

vCash
    haha ok then, what would it take?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast