Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Mets Win?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mets Will Sweep!

2 6.45%
  • The Mets Will Win 2 of 3

10 32.26%
  • The Mets Will Win 1 of 3

18 58.06%
  • The Mets Will Get Swept

1 3.23%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    vCash
    i was right lol, never thought i'd be right after Friday's game. i love it.

vCash
    I'm not getting to excited yet, we've gotten to .500 so many times and lost it. We need to start winning series now.

Lintastic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfanssince05 View Post
    I'm not getting to excited yet, we've gotten to .500 so many times and lost it. We need to start winning series now.
    That's the thing....I feel like we are playing moderately well for a while now, and we are only back to .500....it's frustrating. I just wish, for once, that we could fully say we are 100% healthy (like 2006). I know our team isn't nearly as good as that year's team, but I'd like to think a healthy Ike, Wright, and Santana for the past couple of months could have us right near the top wild card spot. This team is just pretty average, nothing more and nothing less. It's fun to watch some young guys develop, and an absolute joy to watch Reyes. Let's just hope we get him back. If not, I've enjoyed the ride for nine years since his first AB in Texas as a 19 year old.

vCash
    The fact were at .500 again is a good thing though. this is our 5th time at .500 and maybe this time we can get to one game over. Then in a month? 10 games over? Then get Wright and Santana back, and win the WC!

Yres, optimism, but all this team needs is a winning streak, put together a record of 10 and 6 on this "13 our of 16" ont he road stint, and thatll be a huge accomplishment. The offense isnt hitting forpower, but nonetheless its been really darn good. The rotation is clicking despite a couple weaker starts this last week or so, but tatill. I like the direction, i like the mangaer, i like the mindset. its perfect for being that pesky team that sticks around until late september, and i think we can do it if we can just persevere during this one stretch right here before the ASG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    The fact were at .500 again is a good thing though. this is our 5th time at .500 and maybe this time we can get to one game over. Then in a month? 10 games over? Then get Wright and Santana back, and win the WC!

Yres, optimism, but all this team needs is a winning streak, put together a record of 10 and 6 on this "13 our of 16" ont he road stint, and thatll be a huge accomplishment. The offense isnt hitting forpower, but nonetheless its been really darn good. The rotation is clicking despite a couple weaker starts this last week or so, but tatill. I like the direction, i like the mangaer, i like the mindset. its perfect for being that pesky team that sticks around until late september, and i think we can do it if we can just persevere during this one stretch right here before the ASG
    I don't think this is too far fetched. They've avoided the big losing streaks and have put themselves in a position where a big winning streak will make them serious contenders as opposed to just back to .500

Oddity: Imagine they played back to back games scoring 14 and 8 runs and not a single home run to help the cause.

Oh, and did i say Jason Bay was a waste of time?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I wish I could I agree.

Unfortunately, we have an unreliable BP to compete till the end.

Secondly, if Beltran is traded by the deadline we're sunk too. He's been Mr. Clutch. Right now, I believe he ranks as the sixth best hitter in the NL in the clutch.
    The bullpen has been far from unreliable recently. Prior to K-Rod giving up runs they had been untouchable and held the lead for Gee perfectly. Byrdak is pitching like he has a purpose, Beato is starting to regain his form, Parnell has been getting people out effectively and putting the ball in the strike zone and while Carrasco and Acosta have mostly been misses, that's a solid bullpen. Far better than Philly.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    imagine the front office makes some deadline deals to improve the team?
    i would be scared to play yall
    NY JETS fan since 2001

vCash
    This team has far exceeded my expectations so far.

Thats not saying that I am impressed with the .500 record they have, but when you consider the slow start, and the injuries...I am impressed that they have hung in there and competed the way they have.

Then again, this team has been fairly competitive and overachieving in the first half of seasons since 2006.

They need to play well in July, August, and September to really gain my trust. As of now, it just seems like same old ********.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but its really hard given what this team must overcome in order to make a true playoff push.

I like the grit though...just don't know if they are good enough.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    ^^^Yeahhh pretty much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    This team has far exceeded my expectations so far.

Thats not saying that I am impressed with the .500 record they have, but when you consider the slow start, and the injuries...I am impressed that they have hung in there and competed the way they have.

Then again, this team has been fairly competitive and overachieving in the first half of seasons since 2006.

They need to play well in July, August, and September to really gain my trust. As of now, it just seems like same old ********.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but its really hard given what this team must overcome in order to make a true playoff push.

I like the grit though...just don't know if they are good enough.
    100% true. When the weather gets hot we get cold for some odd reason.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435