Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3876
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Why give him minutes? It will only take away from other players development (Zeller, TT).
    LMAO!! Zeller and TT can't play the whole game. Plus I'd rather Samuels/jones/ anyone else get playing time over Walton. Waltons played ALOT of mintues at PF this season. Thats uncalled for.

He lacks mobility on defense and responds with over physicality. He just doesn't have it upstairs. And I'm not sure they gave up on anything. He was undrafted so it's not like we wasted a draft pick on him. He seems like a nice guy that sometimes works hard (he lost weight in the off-season) but lacks a basketball IQ.
    He was only undrafted because people wanted him to go back to school. Which i agree he should have.

Now i never said this kid is great or could be a star, But he's better then some of this **** on the team right now. I think he'll be a solid role player for a team. Which you need.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    LMAO!! Zeller and TT can't play the whole game. Plus I'd rather Samuels/jones/ anyone else get playing time over Walton. Waltons played ALOT of mintues at PF this season. Thats uncalled for.
    You forgot Andy. Those 3 rotating at PF, C is good for now.

Now i never said this kid is great or could be a star, But he's better then some of this **** on the team right now. I think he'll be a solid role player for a team. Which you need.
    I think you're overrating Samuels. How many NBA teams have picked him up? It's not like they're jumping out the window to get him. If there was a league between the D-League and the NBA that is where Samuels would fit in perfectly. And the reason they cut him was so they didn't have to pay him. He's tested the waters long enough. I never see Samuels as a solid role player. I see him maybe making an NBA squad as a bench warmer then drifting into either a Euro league or nothingness. If he proves to be a solid role player than I'll eat crow. But I just don't see it. Samuels is similar to Manny Harris (yes, different positions). Where is Manny Harris playing now? Not the NBA. He's playing for the Azovmash in the Ukraine. If this team ever wants to compete they need to upgrade the talent level.

vCash
    You forgot Andy. Those 3 rotating at PF, C is good for now.
    No its not, not even close play the young kids. should have atleast 4 bigs in your rotation. I wanna see alot of Jones. Plus AV might, prob should be traded. Even though i Love him. Man crush.

I think you're overrating Samuels. How many NBA teams have picked him up? It's not like they're jumping out the window to get him. If there was a league between the D-League and the NBA that is where Samuels would fit in perfectly. And the reason they cut him was so they didn't have to pay him. He's tested the waters long enough. I never see Samuels as a solid role player. I see him maybe making an NBA squad as a bench warmer then drifting into either a Euro league or nothingness. If he proves to be a solid role player than I'll eat crow. But I just don't see it. Samuels is similar to Manny Harris (yes, different positions). Where is Manny Harris playing now? Not the NBA. He's playing for the Azovmash in the Ukraine. If this team ever wants to compete they need to upgrade the talent level.
    You don't gotta eat crow lol, cuz i don't really care if your right or wrong. This is a opinion based forum and I believe Samuels is a solid player and i would've liked for him to get solid minutes for a change.

But either way idc, i just hope Scott gets a look at Jones.

vCash
    No its not, not even close. Play hte young kids. I wanna see alot of Jones.
    I'm not sure what you mean, but okay. Andy is probably the best PF/C in the East and you don't want to play him?

You don't gotta eat crow lol, cuz i don't really care if your right or wrong. This is a opinion based forum and I believe Samuels is a solid player and i would've liked for him to get solid minutes for a change.

But either way idc, i just hope Scott gets a look at Jones.
    Yes, this is an opinion based forum. You're arguing that Samuels will be a solid player, and I'm saying he won't. Let's see what the outcome is... you care otherwise you wouldn't have responded to Samuels getting cut.

If Jones plays well and improves then he should get more playing time. If he doesn't then let him ride the bench or send him back to the D-League. Give him the same opportunity that Samardo got (or less).

vCash
    I'm not sure what you mean, but okay. Andy is probably the best PF/C in the East and you don't want to play him?
    Sure i do, but not the whole freakin game LMAO! need a bench.

Yes, this is an opinion based forum. You're arguing that Samuels will be a solid player, and I'm saying he won't.
    I mean 4 boards 7 points in low mintues is solid. for sure.

Give him the same opportunity that Samardo got (or less).
    Lets give him 30 second a game and when he don't score a point say he's the worse player in the NBA and should kill himself right? lol

vCash
    Sure i do, but not the whole freakin game LMAO! need a bench.
    If they want to win then that's they way the rotation should flow. Scott will sometimes go small and have 3 guards (really 4 guards w/ Gee, and TT). That's another option.

Yes they need a bench. A legitimate bench player. Which isn't Samardo Samuels.

I mean 4 boards 7 points in low mintues is solid. for sure.
    It's not just about points and boards. How efficient was he on the floor? PER of 6.44... YIKES! He was better when he weighed more. At least he didn't take ill advised jump shots. He would at least bang around under the hoop.

Lets give him 30 second a game and when he don't score a point say he's the worse player in the NBA and should kill himself right? lol
    Let's not and say we did. Didn't we do this the last two seasons. How did that work out for us? He's not good!!!

vCash
    Omri Casspi requested a trade: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...175312160.html

Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant has been making calls on possible deals for Casspi, but nothing has materialized. The request for a trade was made through Casspi's representatives with Creative Arts Agency (CAA), sources said.
    Does he actually think anybody wants him?

vCash
    He was better when he weighed more. At least he didn't take ill advised jump shots. He would at least bang around under the hoop.
    I would agree here which is scotts fault. Even though i didn't see very much of sam at all this season he did settle for jumpers.

Let's not and say we did. Didn't we do this the last two seasons. How did that work out for us? He's not good!!!

LMAO!!! that was about Jones. read everything first before you jump the gun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Omri Casspi requested a trade: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...175312160.html

If they wanna trade Casspi UMMM HELLLO you gotta play him. its called show casing. Casspi was playing well early in the season there for a few games then got benched. They should play him, hope he gets hot in a strech of 4-5 games and a team will want him.

vCash
    as I said when they made the trade to get him...we will wind up getting a 2nd round pick in like 2017 for JJ Hickson (not that he has amounted to much).
    Casspi wants minutes but won't do what is asked of him...Byron Scott doesn't operate that way.

I saw a deal proposed on WFNY where we give up Andy and get back Derrick Williams (there is talent there...needs to either bulk up to play down low or work on his shot so he can play SF) and Nickola Pekovic (solid 27 year old center...imagine what he could do with Kyrie dishing, Waiters shooting from the outside, and Thompson helping out down low). Throw Casspi into that deal so that we are rid of him and I would be ok with that deal (assuming they were able to resign Pekovic).

PG - Irving, Livingston
    SG - Waiters, Gibson
    SF - Gee, Miles
    PF - Thompson, Williams
    C - Pekovic, Zeller

I think that this makes us better now as well as down the road. We would have 4 young players selected in the top 4 of the last 2 drafts (doesn't mean too much if they don't produce, I know) along with Zeller and Pekovic down low. If we could find a way to get Minnesota to throw in Alexey Schved I would be even happier (it would allow for Kyrie to play off the ball from time to time)!

PG - Irving, Livingston, Schved
    SG - Waiters, Gibson, Schved
    SF - Gee, Miles, Williams (at times)
    PF - Thompson, Williams
    C - Pekovic, Zeller

Even without picking up draft picks, this trade would move us further down the road to relevancy. Pick up a SF via free agency or their high draft pick...next year could be the time to start competing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post

He's in Scotts dog house. The whole JJ Hickson/Omri Casspi trade hasn't really worked out for either club.
    He was actually playing decent before he got sent to the dog house. I heard he apparently said something to Scott that he couldn't wait for free agency. Teams know he wants out and will not give much on a trade.

vCash
    Daniel Gibson, in similar fashion to Samardo Samuels, has a contract that becomes fully guaranteed January 10th. He is scheduled to make $4.79 million this year, of which $2.49 million is guaranteed. This means that any team that trades for him can then waive him and save $2.3 million of their 2012-2013 salary cap, as long as they do it before the 10th. Plus, the Cavs have already paid a good portion of the guaranteed contract. Additionally, he has not played since his concussion. According to Mary Schmitt Boyer, he’s out tonight: “Just got out of shootaround at the United Center. Daniel Gibson is here but will not playing.”
    www.cavstheblog.com

Maybe Boobie will get traded also?

vCash
    More: www.cavstheblog.com

Luke Walton is scheduled as out tonight in order to take care of a “personal matter.” Could this be to take care of things before he gets shipped, especially because the Cavs are about to start a road trip? Might he be looking for an apartment in Minneapolis?
    Added all up, it’s either a lot of chatter, or a perfect storm of trade winds. Andy may sit or play tonight. The Cavs might want to protect him, or show a prospective team that he’s healthy… We’ll know whether this was all rumor or prescience in 3 days. Enjoy the trade machine, my friends.
    It's interesting that Walton is also sitting tonight. Maybe that is why they played him so much lately? - to showcase.

vCash
    can't remember the last time that I have laughed this hard...

went into the T-wolves forum to see what they were saying about the rumors surrounding Andy and the T-wolves. One of their posters had a link to the espn NBA trade machine and a trade that they tried...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alvqsyu

We give - Anderson Varejao, CJ Miles, Tyler Zeller, and Alonzo Gee
    We get - Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, and JJ Barea

They also mentioned that they thought that we would include our 2013 1st rounder!!! No wonder the T-Wolves haven't been anything in....well, EVER! Absolutely ludicrous!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    can't remember the last time that I have laughed this hard...

went into the T-wolves forum to see what they were saying about the rumors surrounding Andy and the T-wolves. One of their posters had a link to the espn NBA trade machine and a trade that they tried...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alvqsyu

We give - Anderson Varejao, CJ Miles, Tyler Zeller, and Alonzo Gee
    We get - Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, and JJ Barea

They also mentioned that they thought that we would include our 2013 1st rounder!!! No wonder the T-Wolves haven't been anything in....well, EVER! Absolutely ludicrous!
    Yeah that's a bit much. If anything:

We give - Andy
    We get - Pekovic, Williams, and Barea or 1st Rounder.