Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3638
    vCash
    Getting lucky for three straight years in the draft is only a part of the Thunder story. The reality is teams that draft in the lottery for six straight years are more likely to resemble the Kings than become the Thunder. To a perpetually bad franchise pursuing "the Thunder model," my advice is the same as it would be for someone hunting a unicorn: good luck, and don't be upset if all you find are horses.
    More on the Unicorns: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-city-unicorns

It will be really interesting to see how the Cavs finish out and make adjustments. It's better to be proactive rather than reactive.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Any interest in DeMarcus Cousins? Sounds like he wants out of Sacramento. What would you be willing to give up? I'd do Andy and a late first rounder (heat/lakers pick). But I would be a bit skeptical with trading for a guy with character issues. Don't see him meshing well with Scott.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Any interest in DeMarcus Cousins? Sounds like he wants out of Sacramento. What would you be willing to give up? I'd do Andy and a late first rounder (heat/lakers pick). But I would be a bit skeptical with trading for a guy with character issues. Don't see him meshing well with Scott.
    I'd say no just because he wouldn't mesh with Scott well at all and I wouldn't want him coming in and disrupting a young nucleus that is starting to listen to Scott. I think he would be a beast with KI but I would not trade Andy for a guy that is in love with an 18 footer even though his fat a should be in the paint the entire game. Let the Kings continue to be the awful team that gets all these lottery picks and turns them into headcases or the plethora of Guards that they continue to draft that they don't need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'd say no just because he wouldn't mesh with Scott well at all and I wouldn't want him coming in and disrupting a young nucleus that is starting to listen to Scott. I think he would be a beast with KI but I would not trade Andy for a guy that is in love with an 18 footer even though his fat a should be in the paint the entire game. Let the Kings continue to be the awful team that gets all these lottery picks and turns them into headcases or the plethora of Guards that they continue to draft that they don't need.
    @probballdraft: Sources tell pbd that the cavaliers have little interest in sacramento suspended c demarcus cousins. Can see no hes not worth the risk.
    @probballdraft: Cavs feel they would have the structure in place to help cousins develop & mature but arent convinced hes ready to grow up.
    @probballdraft: Other teams polled around the league seem reluctantly willing, at most, to pursue a trade for cousins with the kings because of his history.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    According to a new report from Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal, LeBron James is open to the possibility of returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers if he chooses to opt out of his contract with the Miami Heat after the 2013/14 season. Lloyd writes that James is friends with Cavs players Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson, and his new agent, Rich Paul, has local ties.

Lloyd adds, however, that Cavs GM Chris Grant is aware that the team must improve considerably in order to be considered a viable option for James. Grant is reportedly aggressively exploring options to add another impact player. Lloyd reports that Grant asked about trading an Anderson Varejao-based package for Kevin Love following Love's recent comments critical of the Timberwolves, but was rebuffed. He has also inquired on the possibility of trading for the Blazers' LaMarcus Aldridge, the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol, and the Lakers' Pau Gasol.

Lloyd writes that although the Cavs are still open to moving Varejao, who is having an outstanding season, it doesn't seem likely because his recent play has raised their asking price and no team thus far has been willing to meet their demands. A trade of Varejao to the Thunder for Perry Jones III, Jeremy Lamb, and Toronto's protected 2013 first-round draft pick has been discussed, but both sides have concerns about the players they would get back.
    Would love to get Love. Imagine a tandem of Kyrie, James, and Love.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Throw the Thunder/Unicorn stuff out the window for a minute. Think Celtics and Rockets. Accumulate picks and young pieces. Be smart and keep Cap Space. Use that to build your team through trades and FA. Because you are right, not going to hit every draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monster_mash View Post
    Throw the Thunder/Unicorn stuff out the window for a minute. Think Celtics and Rockets. Accumulate picks and young pieces. Be smart and keep Cap Space. Use that to build your team through trades and FA. Because you are right, not going to hit every draft pick.
    I think the Thunder could be a possibility if they want to turn their team into a more smaller lineup but Brooks seems not to want to do that for some reason. They will never beat the Heat in the finals with their current roster aka Perkins jamming up the middle while the Heat go to their smaller lineup. They should have Collison in during the final minutes if they want to stay big with Ibaka and another big but their reluctance to put Durant on LBJ and have Thabo on the floor is dumbfounding to me. I understand that they want to keep Perkins because they can get out of the West with him against Duncan and especially Howard now in LA but I think Andy would fill that role now too while also filling the big man role if they go small like previously said. Either way I wouldn't say the Thunder are Unicorn theories as right now you can look at that team and find multiple ways that Andy would be able to help them.

vCash
    I wasnt talking about trading Andy to OKC per say, although I'm very open to it. I'm talkin about building the team like Boston did. Tradin Jefferson for KG. signing Allen. Or Houston signing Lyn & Asik then trading 3 lottery picks for Harden. Instead of hoping you hit on 4 or 5 straight lottery picks. Jefferson was a young stud when he was traded. So while I like Waiters and the potential he brings, if you can trade him and TT/AV or those 1st rd picks that are stockpiled for Love, Aldrige, etc, you do it. then you sign a nice 3rd option in FA.

vCash
    Samardo Samuels sent down to the D-League today. I think he is what he is...no sense wasting a spot down there (or up here), just release him...I doubt he would catch on anywhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Samardo Samuels sent down to the D-League today. I think he is what he is...no sense wasting a spot down there (or up here), just release him...I doubt he would catch on anywhere else.
    And he just got recalled today or yesterday. It sounds like Andy's knee is still in pain. I agree with your comments... No sense on keeping Samuels... Not a fan, doesn't have it between the ears.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    What do you think about adding The Birdman for some interior defense that we have greatly been lacking? The author of this article suggested it:

http://www.buckeyestatesports.com/cl...be-the-answer/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    What do you think about adding The Birdman for some interior defense that we have greatly been lacking? The author of this article suggested it:

http://www.buckeyestatesports.com/cl...be-the-answer/
    Don't need to deal with the chaos off the court with Birdman just to bring in a guy that will hinder the development of the young bigs. Yes interior D' has been an issue this year but that will more than likely get answered in the offseason via the draft of FA and not know when they are where they are right now. Play out the rest of the year with the current roster unless you can get something of value at the deadline for Andy or even the expirings of Luke, Boobie.

vCash
    Does anyone else think that the Cavs are intentionally tanking? I almost think that it is part of the game plan. And that is why it seems many have questioned Scott's rotations. They're always in the game until the end. And Scott intentionally sits Kyrie for a extended minutes in the 4th Quarter. Instead he plays some D-Leaguers who blow it. And then when the starting cast returns they have to play hero ball.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    I don't know, I mean, you could argue that. Last night clearly pointed in that direction with him playing the reserves until about 5 minutes were left in the 4th. I don't think it's a smart move if that's what they're doing though. I don't think they are, and I hope they aren't, but I can definitely see your point. Scott's rotations have really got me wondering about the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I don't know, I mean, you could argue that. Last night clearly pointed in that direction with him playing the reserves until about 5 minutes were left in the 4th. I don't think it's a smart move if that's what they're doing though. I don't think they are, and I hope they aren't, but I can definitely see your point. Scott's rotations have really got me wondering about the same thing.
    The Cavs are on pace to win 17 games, which is worse than the season of dreams (the year after LeDouche left). He's coached 200 Cavs games and is 47 wins with a disgraceful 134 losses.
    #FireMikeBrown