Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 84 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3876
    vCash
    http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...on-varejao.htm

Just saw this trade again. If the Thunder ever offered it the Cavs must jump on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...on-varejao.htm

Just saw this trade again. If the Thunder ever offered it the Cavs must jump on it.
    Today on Fear the Sword, which is an SB Nation blog, seven potential trade scenarios for Varejao were kicked around. It came as no surprise that the Thunder was among the seven. The suggested deal would send Kendrick Perkins, Perry Jones III, Jeremy Lamb and the Thunder-owned protected first-round pick of Toronto to Cleveland in exchange for Varejao.
    That, give or take a player or two, has become a popular package floated by many. The numbers work, and there are reasons it makes sense for both teams. Here was Fear the Sword’s logic.
    Why it works for OKC – Most reports say that OKC is happy with their team at the moment and aren’t looking to make a deal. Still, you have to think that adding Andy and getting rid of Perkins deal would be something appealing to them. Russell Westbrook, Thabo Sefalosha, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, Anderson Varejao and a deep bench is a pretty darn good team.
    Why it works for Cleveland – Lamb theoretically is perfect with Kyrie Irving, and could even play in three guard sets with Waiters and Irving. I would talk about this for 300 more words, but you have heard enough from me on Lamb. Perry Jones, meh. Maybe he figures things out. I don’t know. The first round pick should be pretty valuable.”
    At the deal suggested I would definitely jump at it. Don't really care for Perkins or PJ3 but Lamb and Toronto's first make it worth it.

vCash
    There's no chance okc does that.. If any of you believe that your fooling yourself..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcxa View Post
    There's no chance okc does that.. If any of you believe that your fooling yourself..
    I agree. I don't see OKC doing that trade. And that is why Andy will not be traded. Anything less than Lamb and the Toronto pick is not worth it for the CAVS. Sorry OKC we don't want your trash!!!

vCash
    Other trade scenarios:

Houston - Rockets send Chandler Parsons and Terrence Jones and an unprotected 2015 first round draft pick to Cleveland for Anderson Varejao.
    Tempting but no thanks.

vCash
    Other...

Boston - Boston sends Jared Sullinger Courtney Lee, Jason Collins and their 2013 1st Round Draft pick for Anderson Varejao
    Hell no!

Toronto - Toronto sends Landry Fields, Jonas Valanciunas, and Terrence Ross to Cleveland for Anderson Varejao.
    This I might consider. They can hold onto Landry Fields and maybe throw in a pick, then I would jump at the offer.

San Antonio and Phoenix - Phoenix recieves Tyler Zeller, Alonzo Gee, Tiago Splitter, and Matt Bonner. San Antonio receives Anderson Varejao, Omri Casspi and the Cavs Lakers/Miami pick, and Cleveland receives Kawhi Leonard, Marcin Gortat, and Michael Beasley.
    Not bad... but no picks and I hate Michael Beasley. He's worthless, selfish, and a headcase.

Minnesota - Minnesota sends Memphis' 2013 first round pick (lottery protected), Nikola Pekovic, and Alexey Shved for Anderson Varejao.
    Potentially, but I don't think it is enough. Don't want a non-lottery pick.

Denver - Denver sends Danilo Gallinari, Kosta Koufos, and Quincy Miller for Anderson Varejao.
    Again no picks. So no thanks.

vCash
    Toronto - Toronto sends Landry Fields, Jonas Valanciunas, and Terrence Ross to Cleveland for Anderson Varejao.
    I'd actually do this even with no picks. You are getting the same thing in Fields that you have in Gee and both just got new contracts so that would be the only thing that would suck about this but you could have Fields come off the bench to play with the scorer Ross and then Gee start with Waiters or even possibly flip flop to see who is more comfortable in each role. I would also love the scoring potential of a 3 guard set with Irving, Waiters and Ross where Ross could do what he does best and sharp shoot from the outside while the other two do what they do best in slashing lanes and collapsing defenses and kicking out even though Waiters has fallen in love with the outside shot more this year. Then you throw in JV and every fan can stop moaning about what would have been if they didn't draft TT and they have a Center option for the next multiple years to grow with the other youngsters. I think this would be the best deal besides the OKC one but I don't see either one of them going down. Have no idea why Toronto would do something like this unless they think they are ready to compete now and start dealing some of their other pieces for guys like Gasol to do just that. Then again they were dumb enough to give Fields that kind of money so who knows how dumb they really are.

Only deal I would really have a problem with out of all of those would be the Boston one. Sullinger should not be the centerpiece of a trade to get AV, their draft pick sucks, not a fan of Jason Collins as he isn't young and not really good and Courtney Lee would probably just get in the developmental way of Waiters.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'd actually do this even with no picks. You are getting the same thing in Fields that you have in Gee and both just got new contracts so that would be the only thing that would suck about this but you could have Fields come off the bench to play with the scorer Ross and then Gee start with Waiters or even possibly flip flop to see who is more comfortable in each role. I would also love the scoring potential of a 3 guard set with Irving, Waiters and Ross where Ross could do what he does best and sharp shoot from the outside while the other two do what they do best in slashing lanes and collapsing defenses and kicking out even though Waiters has fallen in love with the outside shot more this year. Then you throw in JV and every fan can stop moaning about what would have been if they didn't draft TT and they have a Center option for the next multiple years to grow with the other youngsters. I think this would be the best deal besides the OKC one but I don't see either one of them going down. Have no idea why Toronto would do something like this unless they think they are ready to compete now and start dealing some of their other pieces for guys like Gasol to do just that. Then again they were dumb enough to give Fields that kind of money so who knows how dumb they really are.

Only deal I would really have a problem with out of all of those would be the Boston one. Sullinger should not be the centerpiece of a trade to get AV, their draft pick sucks, not a fan of Jason Collins as he isn't young and not really good and Courtney Lee would probably just get in the developmental way of Waiters.
    I agree but I wouldn't want to take on Landry Fields contract. Dumb contract. If we are to take on that contract they should compensate us with a draft pick. And I don't know why Toronto would make this deal. They aren't close to competing.
    I'd rate it as: (best to worst)
    1. OKC
    2. Toronto
    3. Everything else (but Boston)
    4. Boston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I agree but I wouldn't want to take on Landry Fields contract. Dumb contract. If we are to take on that contract they should compensate us with a draft pick. And I don't know why Toronto would make this deal. They aren't close to competing.
    I'd rate it as: (best to worst)
    1. OKC
    2. Toronto
    3. Everything else (but Boston)
    4. Boston
    See thats why I think them giving up two lottery picks the past two years would be compensation enough to take on Fields contract where the additional draft pick in the future would not be necessary. Cleveland has enough draft picks and cap space where they could take on Fields contract for JV and Ross alone IMO. I still don't see why Toronto would do this though so I have no idea why this was even brought up in that article. Fear the Sword might have been smoking something when they added Toronto to that list especially with their two young lottery picks from the past 2 years involved.

vCash
    One crappy thing about trading AV is that they would be losing a great guy and all around great team player. Guy just is never an issue and is ready to do anything for this team. Thats hard to find in todays NBA.

Jessica Camerato: Varejao on trade talks (cont'd): "If I get traded, I get traded. It's nothing I can I do. I'm happy in CLE. I'm happy w/the organization." Twitter @JCameratoNBA
    Jessica Camerato: Varejao on trade talks: "I can't control it. All I've got to do is keeping playing hard, keep playing my game, keep helping this team." Twitter @JCameratoNBA

vCash
    Varejao is playing like an All-Star this season and he has stayed healthy. A number of teams in contention, led once again by the Timberwolves, are in the hunt for him. The Cavs want multiple young assets or draft picks back in return. Again, I don't see a perfect fit. The Bucks are a possibility, as they have a number of interesting young bigs. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Raptors go after him as well. They have a number of interesting young players (Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross anyone?) and the rumblings out of Toronto sound as though it needs to start winning now. ESPN.com
    Well if the Toronto thing is true then maybe they would be willing to part with JV and Ross. Then try getting Gasol from the Lakers and they could try competing around Gasol, Calderon, Derozan, Ed Davis and Bargs.

vCash
    But the Cavs are notorious for asking for the moon and the stars in trade talks, and sources indicate they're playing the same game with Varejao. And, get this: At least one league executive believes the Cavaliers have no intention of trading Varejao this season, because they want to keep him around so that they can make a pitch in two years for ... wait for it ... LeBron, who can opt out of his deal with the Heat after the 2013-14 season. That's just this exec's hypothesis, though; the Cavaliers, it must be stressed, are not saying that's their plan. NBA.com
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/cleveland_cavaliers

Will AV be able to do what he is doing now though in 2 years when Lebron can opt out is the question or would a young addition that is given two years to grow look better with KI, Waiters and TT in 2 years and whatever other draft selections they make. I don't see this being true but less an exec trying to speculate even though that is what everything is right now.

vCash
    Steve Kyler: Whats up with Spurs and trades? ---> not very active. Heard they inquired about Anderson Varejăo, not much traction Twitter @stevekylerNBA

vCash

Will AV be able to do what he is doing now though in 2 years when Lebron can opt out is the question or would a young addition that is given two years to grow look better with KI, Waiters and TT in 2 years and whatever other draft selections they make. I don't see this being true but less an exec trying to speculate even though that is what everything is right now.
    I don't see LeBron coming back to the Cavs until he's old and useless (like every falling star). He will either go to Brooklyn, NYK, or LAL.

vCash
    See thats why I think them giving up two lottery picks the past two years would be compensation enough to take on Fields contract where the additional draft pick in the future would not be necessary. Cleveland has enough draft picks and cap space where they could take on Fields contract for JV and Ross alone IMO. I still don't see why Toronto would do this though so I have no idea why this was even brought up in that article. Fear the Sword might have been smoking something when they added Toronto to that list especially with their two young lottery picks from the past 2 years involved.
    I guess you could convince me for that trade. I still don't get why Toronto would do this thought?