Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3876
    vCash
    I'm looking to get Cavs tickets while i'm home in Ohio for the holidays. Do you guys think KI will be back on Dec 28th?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto4short View Post
    I'm looking to get Cavs tickets while i'm home in Ohio for the holidays. Do you guys think KI will be back on Dec 28th?
    I'm assuming if all goes well he will be back between Dec.14th to Dec. 19th where that would be in the span of 4 weeks that they gave him. You definately should be good for the Atlanta game on Dec 28th. At least lets all hope so.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Just one question about Gibson...
    Because it looks like he doesn't want to play there anymore now when you guys have Irving and Waiters as your backcourt duo..
    Is he still good 3pt shooter as he was and is it possible to get him for lets say Brewer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Just one question about Gibson...
    Because it looks like he doesn't want to play there anymore now when you guys have Irving and Waiters as your backcourt duo..
    Is he still good 3pt shooter as he was and is it possible to get him for lets say Brewer?
    What makes you think Gibson doesn't want to play for the Cavs? His contract is almost up and he wants a new one.
    I see the trade you're suggesting as inconsequential and I'm not sure why either team would want to do it.

vCash
    I'm starting to wonder if Byron Scott is as good as we thought? I understand this team is plagued with D-Leaguers, especially with Kyrie "Glass Joe" Irving out. But this team has pretty much been unwatchable for going on 3 years. Can we combine all 3 Cleveland teams to make a playoff team? I feel like I need to head to a tattoo parlor and have them brand me with ink that reads "Born to Lose."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Byron Scott is as good as we thought? I understand this team is plagued with D-Leaguers, especially with Kyrie "Glass Joe" Irving out. But this team has pretty much been unwatchable for going on 3 years. Can we combine all 3 Cleveland teams to make a playoff team? I feel like I need to head to a tattoo parlor and have them brand me with ink that reads "Born to Lose."
    What did you expect coming into the season Arch? Everybodies expectations need to come back to reality and realize that this is a young team that is trying to gel in the FIRST month of the season now second and whenever they have major injuries to someone in the starting lineup (Like KI who luckily each case has been different so its not like he is prone to one area) it is really going to hurt due to the lack of depth. They didn't sign the depth in the offseason because they didn't want to overpay for guys that are already in their prime and when their youngsters hit their prime they will be out of it. Everyone needs to realize that this team has a goal of probably being serious contenders in 2014-2015 and beyond. If it happens sooner next year when they can etch out a bottom playoff spot then all the better but right now 2014-2015 has to be the goal and that is what I have believed for the past year and a half after they got KI. The first year of Bryon you really couldn't do anything with all those bad contracts and also not having the draft picks to start the rebuilding so really I would give this Scotts second season with this team and before I start sh$tting the bed about him I will wait to see what he can do next year and the year after with more talent and more seasoned players but until then I will live with what they are giving me and sometimes that are going to be things that Scott cant control out on the floor with a team this young and inexperienced. His rotations are questionable at times but that is expected with such a young group where he is trying to still in now the second month find the right rotations. Also a lot of times we don't see things that he sees like missed defensive assignments, bad shot selections, etc. because we don't really know what is being called out there so we don't know why he is pulling guys or guys aren't in at certain times because of this. If the players take on his approach of no nonsense do your job type of coaching that he pursist then I think they can all grow together but if they don't and become a team not willing to play for Scott then it might be time to start worrying about him.

I understand everyone is tired of the losing in Cleveland but we all realistically should have known what was going to happen this year and not be surprised by it. Hopefully they will obtain a top 5 pick next year, the Lakers will end up prodding around over .500 like they have so far and the Cavs can get their teen pick and they can continue to build this team so that all the youth they have can peak at the same and right time. The FO is going to continue to ram "patience" down the fanbase but I think with the Cavs I can live with that because at least besides the Indians right now they seem to know what they want to do from owner to HC down and are not going to change that just because of a unrealistic fanbase.

I am getting concerned though that TT will never be anything more than an energy guy off the bench in the league due to his offensive defenciencies especially with his ball handling where he is always getting blocked due to holding the ball low everytime before he goes up. I hope that he can develop a consistent 15 footer and become more of a put back guy instead of a guy they depend on to work the lower block which he cannot at this time at least. Hopefully working with Z the next couple weeks will help and he can develop a game like Ibaka but right now it is questionable. Still don't mind the pick in the draft though just because of how bad that draft was after KI and because we don't know what was going on with other players at the time.

Plus you should make the tattoo, "Waiting for Next Year, Every Year".

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I am getting concerned though that TT will never be anything more than an energy guy off the bench in the league due to his offensive defenciencies especially with his ball handling where he is always getting blocked due to holding the ball low everytime before he goes up. I hope that he can develop a consistent 15 footer and become more of a put back guy instead of a guy they depend on to work the lower block which he cannot at this time at least. Hopefully working with Z the next couple weeks will help and he can develop a game like Ibaka but right now it is questionable. Still don't mind the pick in the draft though just because of how bad that draft was after KI and because we don't know what was going on with other players at the time.
    I'm starting to feel the same way about TT. It is really concerning that this whole off-season he worked exclusively on improving his offensive game in the post as well as a mid-range jumper. Well, he has no moves in the post and I think it's safe to say he'll never have a reliable jumper. That's the one advantage a guy like Ibaka has on TT on the offensive end, he can hit the open jumper. That allows his pump fakes to actually work so he can drive to the basket. TT tries to pump fake at least 5 times a game and nobody ever goes for them. It's actually pretty funny at this point.

vCash
    What did you expect coming into the season Arch? Everybodies expectations need to come back to reality and realize that this is a young team that is trying to gel in the FIRST month of the season now second and whenever they have major injuries to someone in the starting lineup (Like KI who luckily each case has been different so its not like he is prone to one area) it is really going to hurt due to the lack of depth. They didn't sign the depth in the offseason because they didn't want to overpay for guys that are already in their prime and when their youngsters hit their prime they will be out of it. Everyone needs to realize that this team has a goal of probably being serious contenders in 2014-2015 and beyond. If it happens sooner next year when they can etch out a bottom playoff spot then all the better but right now 2014-2015 has to be the goal and that is what I have believed for the past year and a half after they got KI. The first year of Bryon you really couldn't do anything with all those bad contracts and also not having the draft picks to start the rebuilding so really I would give this Scotts second season with this team and before I start sh$tting the bed about him I will wait to see what he can do next year and the year after with more talent and more seasoned players but until then I will live with what they are giving me and sometimes that are going to be things that Scott cant control out on the floor with a team this young and inexperienced. His rotations are questionable at times but that is expected with such a young group where he is trying to still in now the second month find the right rotations. Also a lot of times we don't see things that he sees like missed defensive assignments, bad shot selections, etc. because we don't really know what is being called out there so we don't know why he is pulling guys or guys aren't in at certain times because of this. If the players take on his approach of no nonsense do your job type of coaching that he pursist then I think they can all grow together but if they don't and become a team not willing to play for Scott then it might be time to start worrying about him.

I understand everyone is tired of the losing in Cleveland but we all realistically should have known what was going to happen this year and not be surprised by it. Hopefully they will obtain a top 5 pick next year, the Lakers will end up prodding around over .500 like they have so far and the Cavs can get their teen pick and they can continue to build this team so that all the youth they have can peak at the same and right time. The FO is going to continue to ram "patience" down the fanbase but I think with the Cavs I can live with that because at least besides the Indians right now they seem to know what they want to do from owner to HC down and are not going to change that just because of a unrealistic fanbase.

Plus you should make the tattoo, "Waiting for Next Year, Every Year".
    If the team wants to contend in 2014-2015 they will have to start winning games. They aren't going to jump from basement dwellers to a contender in one year (assuming this year is a waste).
    I think for the most part Cleveland fans have been pretty patient with all 3 sport franchises. Imagine if we were in a bigger city. I don't think this crap we've been watching would fly.
    TT as an energy guy - again this goes back to Grant and his drafting. I understand you can't hit on every pick but what exactly has Grant done besides turn Baron Davis into Kyrie Irving? (he can't live off that pick forever) I questioned the TT pick when they made it (yes I understand it was a weak draft). JV looked like the guy and it seems like Grant tries to outsmart himself. I like the Waiters pick a little more than TT but the jury is still out.

vCash
    I'm not sure the exact rumor but supposedly JV's agent refused to tell Grant when JV would come over and play because he wanted JV in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I'm not sure the exact rumor but supposedly JV's agent refused to tell Grant when JV would come over and play because he wanted JV in Toronto.
    Nonsense, drafting a player is suppose to be as easy as saying I want this guy and then that guy is forced to come play for your team. I think a lot of people don't realize what actually goes into a draft process. People just see the guy that they want and expect it to be that easy especially in hindsight.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    If the team wants to contend in 2014-2015 they will have to start winning games. They aren't going to jump from basement dwellers to a contender in one year (assuming this year is a waste).
    I think for the most part Cleveland fans have been pretty patient with all 3 sport franchises. Imagine if we were in a bigger city. I don't think this crap we've been watching would fly.
    TT as an energy guy - again this goes back to Grant and his drafting. I understand you can't hit on every pick but what exactly has Grant done besides turn Baron Davis into Kyrie Irving? (he can't live off that pick forever) I questioned the TT pick when they made it (yes I understand it was a weak draft). JV looked like the guy and it seems like Grant tries to outsmart himself. I like the Waiters pick a little more than TT but the jury is still out.
    Thats still 2 years away. I don't think they really need to start winning games at least getting to .500 until next season when this season is about geling the youngsters to get experience and growth while being able to add another key piece in the offseason in 2013 if not two. I understand your frustrations with having to be patient as you have to do it with three teams compared to most fanbases that at least have one winning team but coming into the season I don't know why peoples expectations are changing now after the first month unless you guys really thought that this young, inexperienced and very thin team was going to go to the playoffs. I guess I can put up with the play right now because I did not have lofty expectations for the team and actually was hoping to be one of the 5 worse teams in the NBA to gain another top 5 lottery pick which as everyone clearly can see right now they badly need next year as well as possibly another impact player.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Thats still 2 years away. I don't think they really need to start winning games at least getting to .500 until next season when this season is about geling the youngsters to get experience and growth while being able to add another key piece in the offseason in 2013 if not two. I understand your frustrations with having to be patient as you have to do it with three teams compared to most fanbases that at least have one winning team but coming into the season I don't know why peoples expectations are changing now after the first month unless you guys really thought that this young, inexperienced and very thin team was going to go to the playoffs. I guess I can put up with the play right now because I did not have lofty expectations for the team and actually was hoping to be one of the 5 worse teams in the NBA to gain another top 5 lottery pick which as everyone clearly can see right now they badly need next year as well as possibly another impact player.
    I don't expect them to make the playoffs. But I would like to see something that tells me that their plan is working. Watching pathetic showcasing like last night makes me think otherwise. I hope that next year that get rid of all this D-League trash and put some solid roll players on this team.

vCash
    Wow Andre Drummond is killing it. I was originally high on him but cooled off after seeing his struggles at UCONN. He looks like a future perennial all-star. Detroit lucked out grabbing him.

vCash
    Kyrie Irving was supposed to start practicing soon, but instead, the Cavaliers point guard who broke his hand three weeks ago is going to be out for a while, according to the Ohio News-Herald:

Irving is probably a couple weeks away from returning to the practice floor in contact drills. He's been practicing lately, but when they have contact, he sits out.

"I know he's anxious," Scott said. "We're not going to take any chances. We'll leave it up to the doctors. He has to get at least one practice in. The chance of him coming back early, I don't know."

Doctors estimated he'd miss four weeks. He's been out since Nov. 17.

via Cavaliers notes: Daniel Gibson promoted to starting lineup - news-herald.com.

The Cavaliers are pretty awful with or without Irving, so there's no real rush to get him back. But with the team going down the tubes and their best player out for an extended period of time, trade talk will only increase around center Anderson Varejao. Varejao has a mid-size contract and has put up phenomenal numbers this season.

It's a shame we didn't get to see more of what he and Irving look like early, but if the Cavaliers decide not to trade Varejao, we might get to see something promising for the middle and latter part of the year. The only question is if it'll be too late for the Cavs by then.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-of-weeks-away

vCash
    I know it's still early but my pessimism has gotten the better of me. Comparison to past teams rebuild successes are always admired as blueprints for success. I keep hearing that the Cavs are following the OKC model. But are the Cavs on the OKC plan or the Sacramento/Washington plan? One team being an outlier with drafting top talent 3 years straight. The other two teams continuously in the lottery and continuously drafting busts or better put role players. As I said, it's still too early to tell. The Cavs have another draft before they're on par with OKC and their model. But I see it highly unlikely they match up with an outlier. At the same time I don't see them as bad as the Kings or Wiz.