Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 68 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3844
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    254
    vCash
    1500
    Some players take time to transition to the nba, 1 season is not nearly enough to write off a #2 draft pick... Just like we aren't writing Tristan Thompson off yet. I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get much better than such a recent #2 overall pick for AV. Draft pick wise we could probably get a late 1st rounder if that...? I'd rather take a chance on DWill then a late 1st rounder.

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    I understand the concern in trading for Williams seeing as he did under perform last year but that can be accredited to the fact that Micheal Beasley was in his way and the T-wolves couldn't decide if Williams was a 3 or 4. They eventually put him in the role of being the back-up 4. However, at the end of last season Minnesota's staff gave Williams off-season instructions to lose weight and train to become a small forward over the summer. So he is definitely going to play the 3 this upcoming season as he has spent the whole summer training to play the 3.

    He has always had the ability to drive to the basket and score, his low post offensive ability was around average for a PF, but it should be far superior to most of those at the small forward position around the league, and while he only shot 27% from 3-point range during his shortened and hectic rookie season, he still has great outside shooting potential [He went 46-90 (51%) from 3-point range throughout his college career]

    Overall, I think the potential upside of this trade is worth the risk. Varejao turns 30 right before the season starts and while i'd love to have him in his prime for a playoff run when the Cavs finally start contending, the chances of that aren't very good. And since the Cavs hope to have their frontcourt of the future in Thompson And Zeller, along with their backcourt of Irving and Waiters, then trading Varejao for the young small forward with tons of potential and quite possibly the answer to our glaring hole at the 3, that'll be paired up with an already near superstar point guard in Kyrie and 3 other players with great potential that'll be allowed to play together for a whole season without having any real expectations placed on them, makes sense and is worth the risk of it not all panning out since we have so many draft picks over the next 2 years and so much cap space that we can fix the problem next off-season if need-be
    Last edited by CLEver; 08-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,418
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto4short View Post
    Some players take time to transition to the nba, 1 season is not nearly enough to write off a #2 draft pick... Just like we aren't writing Tristan Thompson off yet. I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get much better than such a recent #2 overall pick for AV. Draft pick wise we could probably get a late 1st rounder if that...? I'd rather take a chance on DWill then a late 1st rounder.
    Regarding Andy's worth it will come down to his play and health this first half of the season I believe and its not out of the question to believe the Cavs could get more than just a late first rounder for him with the way NBA trades go these days as anything is possible especially with the new cap restrictions.

    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    I understand the concern in trading for Williams seeing as he did under perform last year but that can be accredited to the fact that Micheal Beasley was in his way and the T-wolves couldn't decide if Williams was a 3 or 4. They eventually put him in the role of being the back-up 4. However, at the end of last season Minnesota's staff gave Williams off-season instructions to lose weight and train to become a small forward over the summer. So he is definitely going to play the 3 this upcoming season as he has spent the whole summer training to play the 3.

    He has always had the ability to drive to the basket and score, his low post offensive ability was around average for a PF, but it should be far superior to most of those at the small forward position around the league, and while he only shot 27% from 3-point range during his shortened and hectic rookie season, he still has great outside shooting potential [He went 46-90 (51%) from 3-point range throughout his college career]

    Overall, I think the potential upside of this trade is worth the risk. Varejao turns 30 right before the season starts and while i'd love to have him in his prime for a playoff run when the Cavs finally start contending, the chances of that aren't very good. And since the Cavs hope to have their frontcourt of the future in Thompson And Zeller, along with their backcourt of Irving and Waiters, then trading Varejao for the young small forward with tons of potential and quite possibly the answer to our glaring hole at the 3, that'll be paired up with an already near superstar point guard in Kyrie and 3 other players with great potential that'll be allowed to play together for a whole season without having any real expectations placed on them, makes sense and is worth the risk of it not all panning out since we have so many draft picks over the next 2 years and so much cap space that we can fix the problem next off-season if need-be
    I did not know that about the staff telling him to train to be a 3 so thank you for that but in summer league games he was playing the 4 especially when he played the Cavs as he was going up against TT on the block the entire game.

    I just don't think he is going to be able to play the 3 in this league due to his speed and lack of athleticism against faster and more agile 3's. He is an undersized 4 in my eyes but he is only 22 so maybe he will do something that will change my thinking.

    I would rather just hold off on trading Andy at least until midseason when a team will be desperate to get a player that brings the intangibles to the game that Andy does. If they are going to trade him this offseason I would just hope it would be for more than Derrick Williams at this point especially when Kahn is trying to trade Williams to anybody and everybody so his value should be very diminished where it shouldn't take Andy right now a very good trade chip for a guy a team drafted #2 trying to get rid of.

    Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Marikina, Philippines
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    I would rather not trade Andy for D.Williams. much better to make a trade for Raptors Ed Davis and Terence Ross or Rockets rookies.
    Last edited by Xplicit; 08-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Angel

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Well if they are looking to trade Varejao in order to get a young SF, I believe they should do so before the season starts that way the young group of starters has a whole season to play and mesh together. I only see Varejao's value slightly raise if we wait to trade him at the deadline, because it's pretty obvious that last season stats were just about as good as he's gonna put up in his career, and this way there's no risk of him getting injured and the Cavs being left without their main (and only, really) trading piece at the deadline.

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...a-championship

    This is a really interesting article, he makes some very good points in regards to the 2011 draft and the questionable picks we made of players not named Kyrie in that draft. I think he might be a little harsh on Waiters, but his concern is justifiable. He also brings up the fact that we've had 8 picks the last two drafts and only have 4 players to show for it thus causing our ridiculous lack of depth. I think we owe Grant a chance to show us that Waiters and Zeller were worth the risk he took on them, however making a move to get a decent SF before the season starts would definitely help his case

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...a-championship

    This is a really interesting article, he makes some very good points in regards to the 2011 draft and the questionable picks we made of players not named Kyrie in that draft. I think he might be a little harsh on Waiters, but his concern is justifiable. He also brings up the fact that we've had 8 picks the last two drafts and only have 4 players to show for it thus causing our ridiculous lack of depth. I think we owe Grant a chance to show us that Waiters and Zeller were worth the risk he took on them, however making a move to get a decent SF before the season starts would definitely help his case
    Bleacher report articles aren't worthy of supportive evidence one way or another.

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500
    I wanted to trade down and get Leonard instead of TT and wanted to trade down and get Lamb,Harkless,Ross,Jones,Sullinger,even Lilliard even though we have a Pg instead of Waiters but there is no point worrying about it now we got what we got. I dont see us making anymore moves this offseason unless its trading Av. But I dont see us doing it until later I actually like guy I wouldnt mind keeping him he is 100% energy I know we wouldnt trade him for a 3 if we are gonna pay Gee, and Miles. I think if we traded it would be for a 4 since I dont think they have much faith in TTs offense, and didnt get to see Jones any in Summer league because of injury. I say let it ridealot of bigs in next years draft prob most I have seen in many years, Id love to get both Zeller brothers, and get Paul George, Hayward, or Leonard so Gee cna come off the bench and Andre Iguodala,Evan Turner, or Iman Shumpert. i think adding really good scorer at the 2 and 3 would help this team alot. Would help Irving alot. That team is possible and pretty Beastly

    Irving
    Turner/Waiters
    Leonard/Gee
    Thompson/Av
    Zeller/Zeller

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    vCash
    1500
    Does anyone else like Cousins better then Bynum? Id love to sign him and just draft McAdoo or mitchell?

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    I think cousins would be the 3rd best center to build around right now behind Howard and Bynum. Also I think Byron Scott is a a perfect coach for him and his maturity issues. I'd be really interested in Cousins but I don't think Sacremento is going to let their front court of Robinson and Cousins break up anytime soon, unfortunately.

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Clinton, OH
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    The question i keep wondering about the cavs is that if we dont trade AV before the season, which we probably wont, who will our starting big men be? Does TT get the starting PF spot simply because its his second year and the organization wants to show that they have faith in him to become a solid starting PF in this league (regardless if they truly believe that or not). Or do they move Varejao back to his natural PF position and allow Zeller to start at C? I personally think the latter option would be the better overall decision, it would clearly be the better offensive unit with Zeller being our only offensive oriented big man on the team. And the fact that Kyrie needs as many scoring options available to him and with Zeller already having one of the better jump shot abilities for a center in the league, I think it's a no-brainer. Furthermore, Thompson's speed, hustle, energy and defensive ability would have a much bigger impact off the bench than Zeller would. A line up of...

    PG- Irving
    SG- Waiters
    SF- Gee
    PF- Varejao
    C- Zeller
    6th man- Thompson

    gives the Cavs their most well rounded line up for next season, in my opinion.

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29
    vCash
    1500
    An article reflecting on the non-action of the Cavs this offseason:

    http://www.wineandgoldreport.com/201...-allowing.html

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,738
    vCash
    1500
    According to 92.3 the FAN this morning, Cavs are very close to closing a deal with Gee. Three years worth 9-10 million.

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,190
    vCash
    1500
    Doubt this would happen, but would love if the Cavs Got Harden.

    “@Probballdraft: While James Harden will head into restricted free agency next summer a top target for many teams, http://t.co/9LtEfU6g”

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,190
    vCash
    1500
    If you cannot read rest to tweet. Cavs, Mavs, Hawks, and Nuggets are list of teams most likely to pursue Harden.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •