Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3876
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I like Shabazz, but in 567 mintues played this season, he has a total of 11 steals and 1 block. Thats kinda weird to me.

But I really would love to get Thomas SF from Ohio state. Now i guess this is my homer pick and most OSU players tend not to pan out in the NBA, Buford, lighty etc... But he has perfect size, can shoot from anywhere. IDK... It does hurt are chance with Lebron because Thomas can't play the 2. But you can def run lebron at the 4 some, or even Thomas at times. LMAO idk just thinking aloud. below avg defender though.
    I like Thomas as a college player and think he can succeed in a bench role in the NBA with spot starts ala Al Harrington less height is who he reminds me of but he would have to vastly improve his game to ever warrant a sentence saying that he would hurt the chances of LBJ ever coming back to Cleveland. I would not be surprised to see him taken early in the second round in the draft as he might not translate well to the NBA game. He has shown the ability to improve year after year with OSU but you also have to question a guy like his ceiling.

Really needs to work on his defense especially if he is going to be an NBA 3 as lacks any real explosiveness at least from my eyers, doesn't really bring an energy to the defensive side of the floor and gets beat by dribble penetration from quicker opponents pretty easily.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Everyone was saying there wasn't a standout guy in the 2011 draft either.

Whats the advantage to winning 30 games, missing the playoffs, and getting a lower pick?

McLemore, Noel, Zeller, Muhammad... Really? you don't think these guys are better than our bench players?
    There is no Kyrie Irving or Anthony Davis in this draft. Are there good players? Yes. But where they will fall is up in the air because there isn't a #1 consensus pick. Now, that could certainly change around March Madness. But I see it as unlikely. The Cavs will most likely be drafting a project wherever they pick. We do not know what McLemore, Noel, Zeller, or Muhammad will be. I would like to think they will be better than bench players. So if they draft a project and they win the same amount as last year (essentially) then how is this team growing... and don't give me this BS about the 2014 draft. The team still needs to get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I like Shabazz, but in 567 mintues played this season, he has a total of 11 steals and 1 block. Thats kinda weird to me.

But I really would love to get Thomas SF from Ohio state. Now i guess this is my homer pick and most OSU players tend not to pan out in the NBA, Buford, lighty etc... But he has perfect size, can shoot from anywhere. IDK... It does hurt are chance with Lebron because Thomas can't play the 2. But you can def run lebron at the 4 some, or even Thomas at times. LMAO idk just thinking aloud. below avg defender though.
    I hope you mean with a 2nd round pick. He is not worth a first round selection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    At times earlier in the season Scott would sit Irving, or Waiters for extended minutes and run out Samuels, Jones, Leuer, etc. He also would never play (still doesn't) play Casspi when he was playing well... same with Pargo... He would play Sloan instead of Pargo. Those rotations were questionable. But since that is less of an option now (no Samuels, Leuer) I think this will help to win games.
    Did you just say when Casspi was playing well? Also its not too crazy to sit the foundations of your team for extended period of times in November and December. I understand Scott isn't saving their minutes for a playoff push or anything but KI is still only 21 and Waiters was just coming into his first NBA season as a pro, do you really need to be throwing them out there 36-40 minutes a game at times? Finally I think he played Sloan more just because with Pargo a lot of times there was a lack of defense on his part, which Sloan isn't great at but was better and because Sloan was more of a facilitator on the offensive end where a lot of times the ball would stop with Pargo trying to score on his own which ended up showing up well in the box score but probably not in the overall gameplan.

I questioned the lineups too at times so Im not trying to argue with you, but looking back at what Scott was doing I clearly don't see it as he was tryng to tank especially as early as November and December. I guess just differing opinions though.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Did you just say when Casspi was playing well? Also its not too crazy to sit the foundations of your team for extended period of times in November and December. I understand Scott isn't saving their minutes for a playoff push or anything but KI is still only 21 and Waiters was just coming into his first NBA season as a pro, do you really need to be throwing them out there 36-40 minutes a game at times? Finally I think he played Sloan more just because with Pargo a lot of times there was a lack of defense on his part, which Sloan isn't great at but was better and because Sloan was more of a facilitator on the offensive end where a lot of times the ball would stop with Pargo trying to score on his own which ended up showing up well in the box score but probably not in the overall gameplan.

I questioned the lineups too at times so Im not trying to argue with you, but looking back at what Scott was doing I clearly don't see it as he was tryng to tank especially as early as November and December. I guess just differing opinions though.
    Casspi was playing well at the start of the season. He is also a decent defender at the wing position. He hasn't been playing great lately, but has been giving limited minutes.
    The biggest point I am making (regardless if you think Scott is tanking or not) is that their bench is now better so they should be able to win more games than during the first half (if they can stay healthy).

vCash
    There is no Kyrie Irving or Anthony Davis in this draft. Are there good players? Yes. But where they will fall is up in the air because there isn't a #1 consensus pick. Now, that could certainly change around March Madness. But I see it as unlikely. The Cavs will most likely be drafting a project wherever they pick. We do not know what McLemore, Noel, Zeller, or Muhammad will be. I would like to think they will be better than bench players. So if they draft a project and they win the same amount as last year (essentially) then how is this team growing... and don't give me this BS about the 2014 draft. The team still needs to get better.
    I would actually say there is no Anthony Davis in this draft. There were a lot of question marks with KI coming out as nobody really had a great chance to see him on a national level besides the 11 games he played at Duke where only about 4 of those if I remember were late in the season after coming back from injury and then eliminated in the Tourney ala Arizona. He was a very highly recruited player coming out of HS but he was still ranked behind guys like Harrison Barnes, Enes Kanter and Josh Selby so its not like he was setting the world on fire where he was automatically thought to be a #1 pick if he came straight out of HS.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I would actually say there is no Anthony Davis in this draft. There were a lot of question marks with KI coming out as nobody really had a great chance to see him on a national level besides the 11 games he played at Duke where only about 4 of those if I remember were late in the season after coming back from injury and then eliminated in the Tourney ala Arizona. He was a very highly recruited player coming out of HS but he was still ranked behind guys like Harrison Barnes, Enes Kanter and Josh Selby so its not like he was setting the world on fire where he was automatically thought to be a #1 pick if he came straight out of HS.
    That was a very unique situation. I don't see that scenario playing out the same way in this draft.

vCash
    Who the hell is Romeo Travis?
    He's a friend of LeBron. He was on the St. V team with him.

vCash
    I like Thomas as a college player and think he can succeed in a bench role in the NBA with spot starts ala Al Harrington less height is who he reminds me of but he would have to vastly improve his game to ever warrant a sentence saying that he would hurt the chances of LBJ ever coming back to Cleveland.
    I ment that why draft Thomas if ur banking on lebron coming here cuz Bron tends to play most of the game and i can't really see thomas playing anywhere other then the 3 spot. Better off with someone like shabazz who could move around. Not talent wise LOL!

The thing i like most about thomas and why i think he will have success in the NBA is the shots he makes. He gets doubled most the time and even thripled and swiss shots in their face. Plus he's good down low for his size. But NBA Paint is much different then college paint.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I hope you mean with a 2nd round pick. He is not worth a first round selection.
    I'd be all over him in the second for sure.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Ok...this probably isn't the right place to post this, as it has nothing to do with trades, roster, etc..., but I didn't want to start another thread and this one gets the most traffic...

WHAT THE F*#& was LeBron thinking with his comments about taking less money to go to Miami? Didn't we work a sign and trade so that he COULD get a max deal with the Heat? If he was truly in it for Miami, he would have signed for as much as they could give him so that his team wasn't raped of draft picks and salary cap issues. He was thinking about himself.

His comments about how he "isn't getting what he's worth" is absolute bulls*#t!!! Has he ever walked into a burning building? Has he ever tried to negotiate with an armed gunman? Has he ever been on the front lines in Iraq or Afghanistan? Has he ever saved a person's life? These types of comments piss me off...these jackasses play a game and get paid more in a year than most of us could even imagine making in a lifetime, yet they say that they aren't getting paid their value??? We, as fans, need to stop going to games so that their salaries come back into reasonability...I would LOVE to see LeBron try to make it on my teacher's salary (not to mention see how he would do educating the youth of America). He would then know that, the next time he wanted to complain about "not getting paid what he's worth"...he would know what that statement actually means.

I read that statement during my lunch break at school today and was fired up for the rest of the day...but didn't want to risk posting on school time....these athletes don't have the first clue what it is like to have to budget money...they see something they want, POOF...they have it. We, normal people, see something we want and we have to either save up for a while (depending on what it is that we want) or we have to convince ourselves that there are other things in our lives that are more important (paying bills, paying down credit cards, trying to pay off a car or house early, pay off student loans, put food on the table, etc...). MAN, is my blood BOILING!!!!

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like LeBron James, that ******* in Miami, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s&it he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol"

That's how I felt when I saw the quote...Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation...I want to get in LBJs face and just rip him to shreds for being so damned shortsighted and ignorant to what the rest of the world goes through!
    Last edited by browniebuck; 02-01-2013 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Ok...this probably isn't the right place to post this, as it has nothing to do with trades, roster, etc..., but I didn't want to start another thread and this one gets the most traffic...

WHAT THE F*#& was LeBron thinking with his comments about taking less money to go to Miami? Didn't we work a sign and trade so that he COULD get a max deal with the Heat? If he was truly in it for Miami, he would have signed for as much as they could give him so that his team wasn't raped of draft picks and salary cap issues. He was thinking about himself.

His comments about how he "isn't getting what he's worth" is absolute bulls*#t!!! Has he ever walked into a burning building? Has he ever tried to negotiate with an armed gunman? Has he ever been on the front lines in Iraq or Afghanistan? Has he ever saved a person's life? These types of comments piss me off...these jackasses play a game and get paid more in a year than most of us could even imagine making in a lifetime, yet they say that they aren't getting paid their value??? We, as fans, need to stop going to games so that their salaries come back into reasonability...I would LOVE to see LeBron try to make it on my teacher's salary (not to mention see how he would do educating the youth of America). He would then know that, the next time he wanted to complain about "not getting paid what he's worth"...he would know what that statement actually means.

I read that statement during my lunch break at school today and was fired up for the rest of the day...but didn't want to risk posting on school time....these athletes don't have the first clue what it is like to have to budget money...they see something they want, POOF...they have it. We, normal people, see something we want and we have to either save up for a while (depending on what it is that we want) or we have to convince ourselves that there are other things in our lives that are more important (paying bills, paying down credit cards, trying to pay off a car or house early, pay off student loans, put food on the table, etc...). MAN, is my blood BOILING!!!!

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like LeBron James, that ******* in Miami, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s&it he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol"

That's how I felt when I saw the quote...Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation...I want to get in LBJs face and just rip him to shreds for being so damned shortsighted and ignorant to what the rest of the world goes through!
    I agree, it certainly doesn't help his image and shows that if he's matured, the degree that he has isn't that much...but back on point, remember last year we were saying we'd like to get Harrison Barnes at #4 if he feel and then we selected Waiters and he fell to GS...we really don't know what's going on in our front office or around the league, they have their scouts out there and we're just fans, so don't be surprised if we take someone else even if Noel, Muhammed or McLemore are still there when we select

vCash
    From an economics standpoint, LeBron is underpaid. But it's the Rudy Gay's and Joe Johnson's of the NBA world who are going to keep this going. The NBAPA majority is made up of players making more then they are worth at the expense of superstars and rookie deal players. Im happy Gilbert and Grant aren't going after the overpaid 3rd and 4th tier guys in FA destroying future cap space just to spend money so it looks like you're trying.

vCash
    If the Cavs do get Oden, it's a low risk, high reward situation, which is right up the Cavs alley, or really any small market teams alley...there was a point when Big Z's career was in doubt, he broke his feet left and right early on but somehow, not sure if it was the doctors or Lady Luck, he returned and had a solid NBA career...Oden's ceiling is higher than Z's, now it's a big IF that Oden can survive the rigors of an NBA season, but lets say he gets healthy and Lady Luck decides to shine on us again, Oden fully healthy has the potential to be an all star, now I'm not saying it will happen, the odds are against him but so were they against Big Z...could you imagine a healthy Oden at C with TT at PF, Kyrie running the point, a draft pick at SG, LeBron back at SF and then Waiters and Zeller coming off the bench, a whole lot of IFs but its fun to dream...

vCash
    The consensus around the league is that Speights, who has a player’s option on his 2013-14 season, will undoubtedly become a free agent. That’s why the Cavs are expected to entertain offers for him at the Feb. 21 trade deadline. In fact, all three players they got in the deal could be free agents.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm