Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3876
    vCash
    So what are the exact picks the Cavs have over the next 3 drafts, our own firsts (3) plus 2 Miamis, 1 Memphis and possibly the Kings pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    So what are the exact picks the Cavs have over the next 3 drafts, our own firsts (3) plus 2 Miamis, 1 Memphis and possibly the Kings pick?
    Year-by-year look at Cavs’ upcoming draft picks
    By Sam Amico

A detailed look at the Cavaliers’ draft pick situation from 2013-19:

2013: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, Sacramento’s (top-13 protected.), and Miami’s pick (top-10 protected.) They also have the right to swap the Lakers pick (which now belongs to Phoenix and is top-14 protected) with the most favorable of those three picks. They also have their own second-round pick and Orlando’s second-round pick.

2014: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, plus Sacramento’s pick if not already used (top-12 protected.) They also may have Miami’s pick if not already received (top-10 protected.) They have their own second-round pick, Memphis’ second-round pick and Orlando’s second-round pick.

2015: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, plus Sacramento’s pick if not already used (top-10 protected.) They may also have Miami’s pick if not already used. The Cavs have their own second-round pick. Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 and 15-30 if Memphis has satisfied its first round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick first year that if Memphis makes playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to the Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2016: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, plus Sacramento’s pick if not already used (top-10 protected.) They may also have Miami’s pick if not already used (top-10 protected.) The Cavs have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed in 2015, Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 and 15-30 if Memphis has satisfied its first-round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick the first year that Memphis makes the playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to the Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2017: The Cavs have their own first-round pick and also have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed earlier, the Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 if Memphis has satisfied its first-round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick the first year that Memphis makes the playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to the Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2018: The Cavs have their own first-round pick and also have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed earlier, the Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 if Memphis has satisfied its first round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick the first year that Memphis makes the playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis’ first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2019: The Cavs have their own first-round pick and also have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed earlier, the Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick unprotected

NOTE I: The Cavs own two first-round picks from Miami. They are both top-10 protected. Assuming the Cavs get the first of those in 2013, the first allowable year the second pick can be received is 2015. If the first of those picks is not received until 2015, it is unprotected and the next pick would be received in 2017 unprotected as well.

NOTE II: If the Cavs have not received Sacramento’s first-round pick by 2017, Sacramento will convey its 2017 second-round pick to Cleveland (protected 56-60).
    http://fanmonster.com/?p=4908

Here ya go Spider. Very complicated with all the swaps possible, protections and teams not being able to trade #1's in consecutive years. Best thing to hope is Sactown/Seattle is decent enough in 2014-2015 to be out of the top 10 and that Memphis is average enough to be in the lottery around 6-15.

Also would like to see LAL make the playoffs this year but if they don't I think the Cavs can do what they did last year with trading the 3 later picks (one Heat pick and 2 second rounders) to move back up in the 16-20 range.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 02-01-2013 at 10:37 AM.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I think they are tanking when Scott plays the questionable lineups, but now that we have a more legitimate bench it won't be as much of a bail out.

vCash
    Anybody see Romeo Travis trolling Cavs fans on twitter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I think they are tanking when Scott plays the questionable lineups, but now that we have a more legitimate bench it won't be as much of a bail out.
    If they are tanking they are tanking oh well we as fans will never probably know one way or the other but in the end game that still doesn't take away from where they probably want to be and that is in 2014. I understand the thought of once a loser you start to gain that mentality but I hate to do this and assume but you I am under the reasoning of that if this team is tanking you would have to think they would let the future of the team Kyrie know about this to not hinder his pysche and at least have him out in front of this. If not then that is just poor managment IMO. The only problem would be that the plan would have to come to fruition or it would look really bad.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Thought I'd throw up possible FA's in 2014 at least the big ones since that has been a topic of discussion lately here on the Cavs maybe, possibly, never plan:

UFA at this moment:

Kobe Bryant, Danny Granger, Loul Deng, Andre Igoudala, Monta Ellis, OJ May, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bogut, Marcin Gortat.

Early Termination Option:

Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, A'mare Stoudamire, Andrea Bargnani

Player Opton, No need for Team options as most higher level players like KI who has a TO in 2014 will either be extended at that time or just picked up. No need for player option either as Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay are the only big names and I don't see them opting out of what they currently would make the following season.

Qualifying/Restricted FA's:

John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Paul George (BTW where was the guy that said Marcus Thornton was better than George earlier this season, smh), Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, DeMarcus Cousins, Greg Monroe.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Anybody see Romeo Travis trolling Cavs fans on twitter?
    Who the hell is Romeo Travis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    If they are tanking they are tanking oh well we as fans will never probably know one way or the other but in the end game that still doesn't take away from where they probably want to be and that is in 2014. I understand the thought of once a loser you start to gain that mentality but I hate to do this and assume but you I am under the reasoning of that if this team is tanking you would have to think they would let the future of the team Kyrie know about this to not hinder his pysche and at least have him out in front of this. If not then that is just poor managment IMO. The only problem would be that the plan would have to come to fruition or it would look really bad.
    They have a better roster than they had during the first half. If we start to see a variety of call ups from the D-League as Scott sits his starters for unexplained reasons then we know that the Aquarium is in full effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Sure, But i don't see how NOT drafting in the top 3 is beneficial lol. I think thats a great way to sum it up for me.
    In a unknown talent-laden class it may be better to win more games.

vCash
    They have a better roster than they had during the first half. If we start to see a variety of call ups from the D-League as Scott sits his starters for unexplained reasons then we know that the Aquarium is in full effect.
    Arch not attacking or anything but have you seen anything that makes you think Scott was doing this? I know you can assume that by the Cavs trading away talent like Sessions last year (who was exactly in the same spot as Speights is this year with the possibly of opting out in 2012 offseason which Sessions ulimately did and possibly Speights this year) that in turn that is the Cavs FO end game in getting a higher draft pick but now that I look back in HINDSIGHT as much as Byron was playing guys like Walton, Sloan, Pargo, etc. that might have been to actually try winning games. We have seen what Walton can do on the offensive end as a big with the O flowing through him for the second unit (gasp when I have to write that) but he was ultimately the better option than Samuels, Leuer and Kevin Jones as we could all agree on. Not for the future either but for this year.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Because there isn't a standout #1 guy in this draft. It's more important to start winning. You will still get a quality lotto pick. And a better team will be more attractive to FA.
    Everyone was saying there wasn't a standout guy in the 2011 draft either.

Whats the advantage to winning 30 games, missing the playoffs, and getting a lower pick?

McLemore, Noel, Zeller, Muhammad... Really? you don't think these guys are better than our bench players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Everyone was saying there wasn't a standout guy in the 2011 draft either.

Whats the advantage to winning 30 games, missing the playoffs, and getting a lower pick?

McLemore, Noel, Zeller, Muhammad... Really? you don't think these guys are better than our bench players?
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    What have the Cavs done? They've acquired as many of those picks as possible. And they're acquiring picks that have the potential to not be realized for several years -- actually a good thing, because it is going to ensure a constant flow of good young players on rookie contracts even though I don't expect them to use all that they have accumulated. The reality of the CBA is that if this rebuild continues as planned, there are going to have to be some hard choices in a few years. If LeBron does return (not banking on it and not saying the Cavs should put any if at all their eggs in that basket), he and Kyrie are your max players (Durant and Westbrook, since the law apparently requires comparing all rebuilds to the OKC experience and I have been victim of this as well). Thompson could be the Ibaka type if he improves his defense, not a max player but a ten-figure guy all the same. If that all comes to pass, then a guy like Waiters (Harden being the comp) may have to go, even if he has blossomed into a 18-20 PPG scorer. We won't even get into what happens if they draft Shabazz/Noel/McLemore/Len, and he turns into a star player.
    I was just thinking about this. Even though I don't want Lebron back, but if he did choose to come back I would support him just because he was on the Cavs. But if we were to draft Shabazz this year and play him at SF, IF Lebron came back, we could slide Shabazz to the SG and have Waiters coming off the bench as the 6th man like he did in college. But even if Lebron didn't come I think Shabazz would fit in well with the group we have

vCash
    I like Shabazz, but in 567 mintues played this season, he has a total of 11 steals and 1 block. Thats kinda weird to me.

But I really would love to get Thomas SF from Ohio state. Now i guess this is my homer pick and most OSU players tend not to pan out in the NBA, Buford, lighty etc... But he has perfect size, can shoot from anywhere. IDK... It does hurt are chance with Lebron because Thomas can't play the 2. But you can def run lebron at the 4 some, or even Thomas at times. LMAO idk just thinking aloud. below avg defender though.
    Last edited by prodigy; 02-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Arch not attacking or anything but have you seen anything that makes you think Scott was doing this? I know you can assume that by the Cavs trading away talent like Sessions last year (who was exactly in the same spot as Speights is this year with the possibly of opting out in 2012 offseason which Sessions ulimately did and possibly Speights this year) that in turn that is the Cavs FO end game in getting a higher draft pick but now that I look back in HINDSIGHT as much as Byron was playing guys like Walton, Sloan, Pargo, etc. that might have been to actually try winning games. We have seen what Walton can do on the offensive end as a big with the O flowing through him for the second unit (gasp when I have to write that) but he was ultimately the better option than Samuels, Leuer and Kevin Jones as we could all agree on. Not for the future either but for this year.
    At times earlier in the season Scott would sit Irving, or Waiters for extended minutes and run out Samuels, Jones, Leuer, etc. He also would never play (still doesn't) play Casspi when he was playing well... same with Pargo... He would play Sloan instead of Pargo. Those rotations were questionable. But since that is less of an option now (no Samuels, Leuer) I think this will help to win games.