Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 257 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3844
    vCash
    Josh Selby with a big night for the Charge. He scored 27 points, got 11 rebounds, and 5 assists.

vCash
    Everyone lights it up in the D leauge lol. But this kid can score, so who knows if he puts it together maybe he can become something.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Everyone lights it up in the D leauge lol. But this kid can score, so who knows if he puts it together maybe he can become something.
    He'd been struggling thus far, that's why I figured it was notable. You're right though, it doesn't mean much by itself. Hopefully he can keep putting together these types of performances though.

vCash
    I remember Jon Luner going down there and putting up 30 lol. 6'2 with 11 Boards i like that though. He's not scared.

vCash
    Yeah, big men dominate down in the D-League because there are so few of them.

Look at Kevin Jones last night, 18 points and 14 rebounds. Does he even have 18 points or 14 rebounds in his entire time with the Cavs?

vCash
    doubt it ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Well who's just as good as him? i mean theres many people I would take. I'll just leave out the really good players clearly. I'll stick with the backup talents at the PF-C postitions. I'll go by age too. like I won't list older people seeing how they wouldn't be a good fit for the Cavs. (all off the top of my head.) no order

Humpres - Nope not a better player, and he's older.
    Blatche - He is having a career year but he has motor, and character issues. Maybe?
    Sullinger - Sure but he's not available. And right now he is not a better player but upside and buckeyeWarrick - Nope definitely not!!!
    Gibson - Not better and the Bulls aren't giving him up.
    Landry - Yes he is better but not available until 14-15.
    Hansbrough - Hell no!
    Ed Davis - Yes he's better but not available until 15-16
    Derrick Williams - Nope not better
    Ryan Anderson - Yes he's better but not available until 15-16
    Hawes - Not better and signed through 13/14
    Amir Johnson - Better but signed through 14/15
    Favors - Better, but more expensive and signed through 14/15

They are all better then speights in my eyes. I think we could get a few of them cheaper then Speights if he wants 8mill.
    They are not all better than Speights. Some, yes are better but are not available for a few years. And you will probably have to pay them more than Speights.

BTW- I jsut stopped here cuz i got bored and don't care anymore lol. I could keep going.
    Keep going!

I feel like so much goes in PER that i think people overrate it big time. Because it can differ pending how good ur team is, whats your role on that team etc... I'm more of a stats guy, I know thats prob not the best way to go but thats me.
    It's a player stat that is minutes and pace adjusted. It is not the "be all-end all" but it better evaluates players than by just looking at points, rebounds, assists (which can be misleading).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Yeah, big men dominate down in the D-League because there are so few of them.

Look at Kevin Jones last night, 18 points and 14 rebounds. Does he even have 18 points or 14 rebounds in his entire time with the Cavs?
    JV vs. Varsity.

vCash
    I am moving this "Gay" discussion (no pun intended) to the this thread... even Cavs the Bloggers agree that Gay is average...

In case you missed it last night, Rudy Gay was traded to Toronto. In a three way deal, Ed Davis will head to Memphis, along with Austin Daye and Tayshuan Prince. Detroit will receive Jose Calderon. Additionally, the U.S. loses its only Iranian born NBA player, as Hamad Haddadi, obviously the centerpiece of this deal, moves north of the border. This deal has several implications for the Cavs.
    First, this trade takes the Cavaliers out of the running for Rudy Gay. Sportswriters often liked to conjecture that the Cavs were interested in him. He’ll now be a Toronto Raptor. In my mind, we dodged a bullet on an overpaid player (see below).

Second, Analytics driven front offices are slowly taking over the league. This trade had John Hollinger’s fingerprints all over it. In looking at what he does on the court, Rudy Gay is massively overpaid for his contributions. With salaries of $16.5 million this year, $17.9 million next year, and $19.3 million in 2014, Gay should have better numbers than a 14.39 PER, a 0.0 RAPM, and an 82games simple rating of +1.3. These paint Gay as a player who posts incredibly average per minute production. Furthermore, he plays with some very efficient players in Randolph, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley. One would think with these kinds of players there would be space to shoot better than .408. In return for giving up Gay, Hollinger and Grizzlies pick up the efficient Ed Davis, who has an 18.19 PER, but a simple rating of -1.4, and a -1.8 RAPM. In Prince, they get an aging vet who is not very efficient: 12.94 PER, -0.9 SR, -2.2 RAPM, and a prospect who needs a change of scenery in Daye.
    Read the rest of the article at: http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=17134#more-17134

vCash
    More on Gay:

Toronto is rolling the dice on the gamble that Gay can return to the shooting numbers of his earlier career. Given that there will be more room in the middle in Toronto, this could happen. This also clears out playing time for one of my favorites, Amir Johnson. One of the most underrated players in the league, with an 18+ PER, a +5.2 SR, and a +4.1 RAPM, Amir only plays 25 minutes a game because of a crowded front court, and an embarrassing foul rate of 5.8/per 40 minutes (topped by new teammate, Haddadi’s 6.1).
    It seems as if Toronto is not big on NBA analytics, as they might now have two of the worst contracts in the league between Gay and Bargnani who will make over $60 million together during the next two seasons. I like this for the Cavs as it commits Toronto for some long term sucking as the Cavs are ascending. If Lowry comes back soon and continues his early season dominance, this may change, but I just don’t see it. Toronto may be forever doomed by the stain of Isaiah Thomas.

vCash
    Who cares about Rudy Gay? Solid player that can't be the first or second option on a Championship team that got overpaid because Memphis panicked and didn't want to put too much faith in Gasol or Randolph at the time of the contract.

Lets get back to one of our ever ending conversations in our never ending circle wether that being the Cavs tanking, speculating on how the Cavs should sign FA's/go through the draft or the ever endless debate about PER. Happy Thursday everyone.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Who cares about Rudy Gay? Solid player that can't be the first or second option on a Championship team that got overpaid because Memphis panicked and didn't want to put too much faith in Gasol or Randolph at the time of the contract.

Lets get back to one of our ever ending conversations in our never ending circle wether that being the Cavs tanking, speculating on how the Cavs should sign FA's/go through the draft or the ever endless debate about PER. Happy Thursday everyone.
    I don't care about Rudy Gay. Prodigy was overrating him. We could start a Ryan Hollins discussion? Thoughts on Ryan Hollins? Do you miss him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I don't care about Rudy Gay. Prodigy was overrating him. We could start a Ryan Hollins discussion? Thoughts on Ryan Hollins? Do you miss him?
    Well what was his PER in 2011-2012? I know you know.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Well what was his PER in 2011-2012? I know you know.
    6.69 He was ROCKING!

vCash
    Here's a really interesting read by Adrian Wojnarowski about how the era of the super-teams is ending and breaking down LeBron back to Cleveland and why it makes sense. Long article, but worth the read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ru...065716242.html