Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 259 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3876
    vCash
    As much as I love the win tonight, and the recent Chris Grant move, they need to start winning and at the very least make the playoffs next year. No more D-Leaguers.

vCash
    ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    Prediction: Kyrie Irving will win All-Star Game MVP. Dude's gonna show out.
    about an hour ago

vCash
    I wouldnt doubt it. If youve noticed, Kyrie always takes advantage of the few times hes in the spotlight. Perfect examples being the "Dark Knight" game in MSG and the Rising Stars game. The All Star game would be another chance for him to show the rest of the league what they're missing.

vCash
    Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant has been tracking Marreese Speights since the big man was playing at Florida. And Cleveland could certainly use a boost on the front line after announcing this week that Anderson Varejao would be lost for the season after his recent leg surgery left the Brazilian with a blood clot in his right lung.

All that said ...

Don't be shocked if the Cavaliers decide to move Speights on again before the Feb. 21 deadline.

The Cavs obviously aren't in the playoff hunt and word is they're already receiving interest in Speights, who possesses a $4.5 million player option for next season. The Cavs are also armed with $12 million in expiring contracts and roughly $4 million in leftover cap space for the summer, which means they've got the tools to continue to be active before this deadline.

Daniel Gibson and Omri Casspi, according to NBA front-office sources, are the most likely Cavs to be dealt along with Speights, who had to give his consent to be sent to Cleveland as one of the 13 players in the league this season (see Box No. 6 here for the detailed explanation) who had trade-blocking power related to his Bird rights.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...uts-saying-now

vCash
    I hope not. They can't rely on just draft picks. This team needs to start winning games or Kyrie will walk just like LeBron.
    Last edited by Arch Stanton; 01-26-2013 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    I'd also love to keep Speights because he wants to play here. He could've vetoed the trade but didn't. I'd consider starting him with having Zeller come off the bench.

vCash
    With Rondo (torn ACL) out of the All-Star Game, Kyrie has a chance to start. That would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I'd also love to keep Speights because he wants to play here. He could've vetoed the trade but didn't. I'd consider starting him with having Zeller come off the bench.
    Zeller is the one with the future here that you need to continue to supply minutes especially with TT on the floor at the same time so they can continue to gel. I have really liked the twos play as of late, except of course on the defensive end but Speights is a liability down there if not even worse at times. I like Speights energy off the bench too where I don't think Zeller would make that kind of impact that Speights can off the bench with the second unit.

Plus if they do move Speights again I would hope its for a young big with more upside that has a couple more years of control than his two or a star wing player that a team is looking to dump due to salary which the Cavs still have. If they do move him for additional draft picks then hopefully its for a set pick and not all these conditions but in todays NBA thats most draft pick trades that happen. I would only imagine though if they did this again then Grant has something in his mind that he will want to do with all of these picks ie trade for Superstar in the offseason as most teams trying to dump a star are looking for picks and young assests to rebuild ie Orlando, Denver, etc.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Zeller is the one with the future here that you need to continue to supply minutes especially with TT on the floor at the same time so they can continue to gel. I have really liked the twos play as of late, except of course on the defensive end but Speights is a liability down there if not even worse at times. I like Speights energy off the bench too where I don't think Zeller would make that kind of impact that Speights can off the bench with the second unit.

Plus if they do move Speights again I would hope its for a young big with more upside that has a couple more years of control than his two or a star wing player that a team is looking to dump due to salary which the Cavs still have. If they do move him for additional draft picks then hopefully its for a set pick and not all these conditions but in todays NBA thats most draft pick trades that happen. I would only imagine though if they did this again then Grant has something in his mind that he will want to do with all of these picks ie trade for Superstar in the offseason as most teams trying to dump a star are looking for picks and young assests to rebuild ie Orlando, Denver, etc.
    If you can send Waiters to the bench you can do the same with Zeller. If Speights is a liability what is Zeller? And I have to disagree regarding Speights on the defensive end... he was part of that second unit that came back from 20 points down against the Bucks. Speights brings a toughness that Zeller does not have. However, I am also fine with bringing Speights off the bench. And I'm not sure what you are seeing from Zeller that suggests he is good at defense. He often hacks other players and gets in foul trouble. And he's not big enough or tough enough to battle other bigs. He has been fairly good at drawing charges and occassionally has a nice block. But he is very raw.

Speights is only 25 years old, why can't he be part of the future?

On a better team Zeller would either have limited minutes coming off the bench or would probably have extended time in the D-League.
    As I stated earlier if it is for a 1st round pick (especially a non lotto) I hope they don't move Speights.

vCash
    If you can send Waiters to the bench you can do the same with Zeller. If Speights is a liability what is Zeller? And I have to disagree regarding Speights on the defensive end... he was part of that second unit that came back from 20 points down against the Bucks. Speights brings a toughness that Zeller does not have. However, I am also fine with bringing Speights off the bench. And I'm not sure what you are seeing from Zeller that suggests he is good at defense. He often hacks other players and gets in foul trouble. And he's not big enough or tough enough to battle other bigs. He has been fairly good at drawing charges and occassionally has a nice block. But he is very raw.

Speights is only 25 years old, why can't he be part of the future?

On a better team Zeller would either have limited minutes coming off the bench or would probably have extended time in the D-League.
    As I stated earlier if it is for a 1st round pick (especially a non lotto) I hope they don't move Speights.
    No one ever said Zeller was good on defense, said at times he plays better than Speights and this is coming from what I saw from at him in Memphis too where a lot of times he is just out of position, lazy on screens where he isn't contesting the ball handler or the picker and not crashing the boards. He still hasn't done that great here but his energy so far has ended up making up for some definciancies so far. Zeller's lack of defense comes from exactly what you said, RAW and lack of strength. He mentally seems to be getting better and better at knowing how to play in the NBA with these negatives and I dont see how limited PT time is going to continue to improve him where a guy like Waiters is still was getting the same/close amount of minutes when coming off the bench because he wasn't driving and bad shot selection as well as not progressing on the defensive end something that doesn't improve from getting more minutes but instead from getting your head out of your *****. Zeller you can at least see has shown improvement from the beginning of the season to now and is getting more consistent each game.

Also Speights has never really consistantly started in any place he has been at in the past besides 2011-2012. He has never averaged over 23 minutes a game in any of the 5 years he has played in the league so you have no idea how he would transition to this. His energy off the bench is doing good for what it is right now and if he keeps playing like he is then it seems like Scott has no problem playing him late in the game like the last two where that is really where the minutes matter not whose name is announced before the game.

I understand your looking at this as I want to win right now and this is the best way to do it with possibly starting Speights over Zeller right now but once again it goes back to our weekly debate of the Cavs doing things for the future right now and not for the present just because fans want wins now. Are Speights and Ellington going to put this team over the edge and into the playoffs this year. No, but they could show they can come off the bench and be contributors while seeing how the actual future or Zeller and TT can look with extended minutes. The team has won 3 in a row with what they are doing right now, they are starting to show the ability to finish games in the 4th Quarter. Don't know why just after two games of seeing a guy for 20-23 minutes they need to change anything in their current future plan.

Also I like Maresse and wouldnt mind if they resign him in 2014 offseason but last week before Tuesday this guy wasn't on anyones radars so I don't understand why if all of a sudden he wasn't on the team but a future assest was that anyone would be throwing a fit. The move was made for the future 1st round pick and he was just a cherry on top to fill in since AV went down. Does he limit me from wanting Nerlens Noel or any other lottery big next year if it came to that, no. I don't understand why it shoud for anyone else who has been following Chris Grants plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    No one ever said Zeller was good on defense, said at times he plays better than Speights and this is coming from what I saw from at him in Memphis too where a lot of times he is just out of position, lazy on screens where he isn't contesting the ball handler or the picker and not crashing the boards. He still hasn't done that great here but his energy so far has ended up making up for some definciancies so far. Zeller's lack of defense comes from exactly what you said, RAW and lack of strength. He mentally seems to be getting better and better at knowing how to play in the NBA with these negatives and I dont see how limited PT time is going to continue to improve him where a guy like Waiters is still was getting the same/close amount of minutes when coming off the bench because he wasn't driving and bad shot selection as well as not progressing on the defensive end something that doesn't improve from getting more minutes but instead from getting your head out of your *****. Zeller you can at least see has shown improvement from the beginning of the season to now and is getting more consistent each game.

Also Speights has never really consistantly started in any place he has been at in the past besides 2011-2012. He has never averaged over 23 minutes a game in any of the 5 years he has played in the league so you have no idea how he would transition to this. His energy off the bench is doing good for what it is right now and if he keeps playing like he is then it seems like Scott has no problem playing him late in the game like the last two where that is really where the minutes matter not whose name is announced before the game.

I understand your looking at this as I want to win right now and this is the best way to do it with possibly starting Speights over Zeller right now but once again it goes back to our weekly debate of the Cavs doing things for the future right now and not for the present just because fans want wins now. Are Speights and Ellington going to put this team over the edge and into the playoffs this year. No, but they could show they can come off the bench and be contributors while seeing how the actual future or Zeller and TT can look with extended minutes. The team has won 3 in a row with what they are doing right now, they are starting to show the ability to finish games in the 4th Quarter. Don't know why just after two games of seeing a guy for 20-23 minutes they need to change anything in their current future plan.

Also I like Maresse and wouldnt mind if they resign him in 2014 offseason but last week before Tuesday this guy wasn't on anyones radars so I don't understand why if all of a sudden he wasn't on the team but a future assest was that anyone would be throwing a fit. The move was made for the future 1st round pick and he was just a cherry on top to fill in since AV went down. Does he limit me from wanting Nerlens Noel or any other lottery big next year if it came to that, no. I don't understand why it shoud for anyone else who has been following Chris Grants plan.
    If you look at the stats of the players on this team right now Speights is the second best player. I'm not saying we should put Zeller in for only garbage minutes only, but I am saying I think it is okay if Speights eats up some of his minutes if it means we win the game.

The reason why this trade was made was because Memphis had a log jam at the position and they needed to free up cap space to make room for Rudy Gay (not sure why because Gay is only an average player that is overpaid). If Memphis could have they would've traded Speights for something better but it would have to include cap relief. That is why they dealt with the Cavs.

The Cavs have tons of assets for the future. How many more do you need? You do not know if these prospects will work out. I like acquiring picks for the future but it cannot be the only way to build a team. It is not a successful model. At some point you have to bring in free agents and make trades. And frankly this is a perfect opportunity. If Grant flips these guys for more picks he is officially a hoarder of draft picks.

vCash
    If you look at the stats of the players on this team right now Speights is the second best player. I'm not saying we should put Zeller in for only garbage minutes only, but I am saying I think it is okay if Speights eats up some of his minutes if it means we win the game.

The reason why this trade was made was because Memphis had a log jam at the position and they needed to free up cap space to make room for Rudy Gay (not sure why because Gay is only an average player that is overpaid). If Memphis could have they would've traded Speights for something better but it would have to include cap relief. That is why they dealt with the Cavs.

The Cavs have tons of assets for the future. How many more do you need? You do not know if these prospects will work out. I like acquiring picks for the future but it cannot be the only way to build a team. It is not a successful model. At some point you have to bring in free agents and make trades. And frankly this is a perfect opportunity. If Grant flips these guys for more picks he is officially a hoarder of draft picks.
    Speights is eating up his minutes already and like I said he has been closing games (the 2 he has been here) so isn't that what really matters. I believe it was said that Speights was gonna get a run but only around 14-18 minutes to begin with like he was averaging in Memphis this year but is already up to 23 mpg with Cleveland due to his 4th quarter activity and minutes. I don't know how much more you want him playing since like stated previously Speights has never averaged more than 23 mpg in a season.

I guess this got overlooked from my previous comment.

Throw the Harden trade in there too.

And the reason the trade was made ie from what I thought we were talking about with being the Cavs POV and not the Grizzlies as this isn't a Grizzlies forum is that the draft pick made the trade for the Cavs. If you think the Cavs would have just made this trade for Speights, Ellington and Selby without the #1 pick then I don't know what team you are following right now, sorry.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 01-28-2013 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    I love Zeller and i see so much Talent in him. he just needs to put it all together. I want him to put on 15-20 pounds this off-season and work on that jumper. because in college he would sink that shot all day. Plus watching him play he looks scared. More games and mintues will make him better.

I believe Zeller is best as starter right now, To get the experience of playing other starting centers most of the game and more mintues.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    but I am saying I think it is okay if Speights eats up some of his minutes if it means we win the game.

WTF? I tend to agree with most of what you say, but you are so wrong on this. whats the big deal with winning this season? Lets be honest here, the best thing for the Cavs is to get a high draft pick. I think most should agree with that. We are not winning the ship this year hate to burst peoples bubble.

Playing the young guys like Zeller and Waiters is SO MUCH MORE important then playing speights and maybe getting a few more wins.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I love Zeller and i see so much Talent in him. he just needs to put it all together. I want him to put on 15-20 pounds this off-season and work on that jumper. because in college he would sink that shot all day. Plus watching him play he looks scared. More games and mintues will make him better.

I believe Zeller is best as starter right now, To get the experience of playing other starting centers most of the game and more mintues.
    Speights is definately the better player right now, thats not the question but like you said the experience is needed for Zeller especially with TT on the floor at the same time. I would love for him to bulk up 15-20 lbs of muscle this offseason and if he can get his 18-20 footer consistant then he can be a fine player in the league.

I really like Speights energy with the second unit as well. Gives that squad the inside scorer on offense that it was lacking with Walton and Samuels for so long. Now this allows Walton too to play more freely with moving the offense which he looked great at against Boston and not having to be logged inside the entire time. And like I have continually said, Speights is the one closing games right now so its not like he is doing all of this and then Scott takes him out to end the game just so Zeller can get in there and get whatever minutes he wants to get him.