Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The only way Cavs get Williams is if somehow they trade the #2 pick to Cleveland, which realistically will not happen. Minnesota is putting up smokescreens talking about Kanter trying to get Washington who loves him to trade McGee and the #6 pick. That wont happen, also I'm pretty sure Minnesota will just take Williams if it came to that and try getting rid of Beasley.

Start being realistic on here people.

And PS no one will trade for Baron unless an unprotected 1st rounder is involved like we did...horrible contract...Sessions might be able to return a top 2nd rounder or late first rounder if a desperate team wanted a scoring PG...come on guys

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash

Thumbs down

I'm going to reflect on something here that has been troubling me for some time now...

I am not understanding why everyone is so gung-ho on trading Baron Davis. Baron has emerged as a vocal leader for our franchise. Everything I have read suggests not only that Davis plans on hitting the gym this summer and getting in shape, but that he very truly wants to be in Cleveland. The media interviews him about the team, ESPN asked him to do our mock draft, he has been spotted at Indians games....

Now I understand some of your arguments. He is getting older. His contract is expensive, etc. But I think at some point, you have to accept that a vocal force is what this young rebuilding team needs. Veteran leadership is invaluable. And until Baron does anything to make me think otherwise, I want him on this team. He can teach Kyrie Irving (assuming he is our pick tomorrow), and he is still a very serviceable player. He was also developing a nice chemistry with the team and brought out the better sides of our young guys ie. Ryan Hollins.

Now I have said what I need to say. But just think about what Baron truly means to our franchise and our city.

I would also like to point out that I am watching the original Batman 60's series, and this King Tut villain is atrocious. Where's the Riddler???
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Really off topic...but, does anyone know for sure when our TPE expires?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGee33 View Post
    Really off topic...but, does anyone know for sure when our TPE expires?
    I think it is July 9th. That would be 1 year to the date of when the S&T deal was completed.

Additionally, I have read that the Cavs may be looking to get an extension on it due to the labor uncertainty. There is a real risk that teams won't make deals because they want to see how the CBA will turn out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    I think it is July 9th. That would be 1 year to the date of when the S&T deal was completed.

Additionally, I have read that the Cavs may be looking to get an extension on it due to the labor uncertainty. There is a real risk that teams won't make deals because they want to see how the CBA will turn out.
    Yeah I just didn't know with the CBA and everything. What do you think the chances are we don't use it at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alonzogee33 View Post
    yeah i just didn't know with the cba and everything. What do you think the chances are we don't use it at all?
    0%.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Well it looks like Monta Ellis might be gone and some say that Gay isn't getting traded but I think he will. With all these pieces a deal has to go down, I don't care if thy are rebuilding, they got a lot of pieces to get good players that aren't in their prime.

Cavs: Gay
    Grizzles: TPE and Sessions

Cavs: Ellis
    Warriors: Hickson, and 2013 1st round pick

Irving/Davis
    Ellis/Parker/Gibson
    Gay/Eyanga
    Thompson/Samuels/Jamison
    Varejao/Erden/Hollins

vCash

no

we arent doing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Well we need to, we need to have 1 of us to be the GM, we know what the team needs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cavsbluejackets View Post
    Well it looks like Monta Ellis might be gone and some say that Gay isn't getting traded but I think he will. With all these pieces a deal has to go down, I don't care if thy are rebuilding, they got a lot of pieces to get good players that aren't in their prime.

Cavs: Gay
    Grizzles: TPE and Sessions

Cavs: Ellis
    Warriors: Hickson, and 2013 1st round pick

Irving/Davis
    Ellis/Parker/Gibson
    Gay/Eyanga
    Thompson/Samuels/Jamison
    Varejao/Erden/Hollins
    Their is no way we get both of these guys. Gay would require a lot more than just Sessions, the Grizz already have Mike Conley anyway.

We should try to get one of them atleast though. Gay would be better but I don't know if we could get him. The Warriors are looking for a big man so Hickson could be a big part of a deal for Ellis.

The Cavs should be shopping Hickson, Sessions, Jamison, and the TPE AGGRESSIVELY!!! We need scoring wing players for Irving.

vCash
    We need wing players, maybe Justin Harper can help next year, wait they traded him.

vCash
    i was thinking what if we traded Hickson Jamison Trade Exp next years 1rst and 2 2nd for Dwight Howard just a crap shoot but heck

Irving
    Davis
    Eyenga
    Thompson
    Howard

vCash
    I don't think the Magic will trade Dwight unless he tells them he is not returning after the next season.

I don't really see too many center we can get at this point in trade that are young and worth the hassle. We should be focusing on wing players who can score. Ellis, Gay, Mayo would all be great. I also really like restricted free agent Wilson Chandler. The nuggets might do a sign and trade for him. They have Gallinari and they could use a PF (Hickson) because their guys are both on the other side of 30.

If we could land Chandler it would help the team a lot and give them the young SF of the future they need. That would be my best case scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 11tg635 View Post
    i was thinking what if we traded Hickson Jamison Trade Exp next years 1rst and 2 2nd for Dwight Howard just a crap shoot but heck

Irving
    Davis
    Eyenga
    Thompson
    Howard
    This would be nice if we could get a SF. I don't see Howard leaving Orlando though.

vCash
    Howard is going to stay in Orlando, and I don't want the Cavs trying to trade for a superstar right now. They should be getting young players with potential that won't take hold of our salary cap space and let them work and grow together. If they could grab a young wing and let him develop with Irving and Thompson they would have their big three of the future.

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast