Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 259 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Cavs trade rumors/discussions thread (all others will be closed)

Please discuss all trade rumors/suggestions in here. It will keep the board cleaner. Thanks

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Thanks for merging everything. It was starting to get cluttered with all the rumors and speculation.

vCash
    Yeah it was ha

vCash
    "Rumors are swirling that the San Antonio Spurs are shopping Guard Tony Parker for a lottery pick in tomorrows NBA draft. The Cleveland Cavaliers haven't been mentioned, but with two lottery picks it is certainly worth discussing. He is only 29 years old and would instantly make the Cavs an attractive place to play for other free agents and rookies.

He has averaged 16.7 points per-game and 5.7 assists per game in his 746 game career.

He is a proven all-star caliber player and would be worth the first or fourth pick in my opinion, if that is what it would take to do it.

If the Cavs traded the first overall pick to the Spurs for Tony Parker, they could draft foward Enes Kanter with the 4th selection.

This is a long shot, but not as much as you may think. As long as Tony Parker would be willing to give it a few years, there would be pieces in place to build a contender."

- Cody Meadows: Bleacher Report

Thoughts? I would definitely not do this.

vCash
    I wouldn't do it either. Yes he is a good player, but then again by the time we are ready to compete he will be on the decline.

vCash
    I woudnt do it either

vCash
    The Timberwolves are "strongly considering" taking Turkish C Enes Kanter with the No. 2 pick, sources tell ESPN.com.
    - Rotoworld

Doug Gottlieb also said this morning that the Jazz were torn between Jan Vesely and Brandon Knight.

If we take Kyrie #1, and these rumors are true, we would get Derrick Williams at 4.

The Minnesota rumor makes sense since their best center is Darko. Also, the Jazz rumor makes sense because AK47 probably will go play for a contender.

Thoughts?

vCash
    My guess is the Jazz is torn between Vesely and Knight because they think their is no possible way the T-Wolves pass on D-Will. I would feel way better walking away with Irving (#1 PG) and Kanter (#1 C) to be honest but if we get D-Will at 4 I am doing backflips. If that goes down, I also would accelerate any talks to trade JJ for the 1st this year and a 1st next as they had discussed. Theres not really room for both on the team....

vCash
    I always thought Williams could fall to 4. Umm they need a C, not as much as a PF and SF. I don't know why the Jazz would take Knight though. I see them taking Cesley or Valanciunas. I see Willains falling to 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxrider9 View Post
    My guess is the Jazz is torn between Vesely and Knight because they think their is no possible way the T-Wolves pass on D-Will. I would feel way better walking away with Irving (#1 PG) and Kanter (#1 C) to be honest but if we get D-Will at 4 I am doing backflips. If that goes down, I also would accelerate any talks to trade JJ for the 1st this year and a 1st next as they had discussed. Theres not really room for both on the team....
    Exactly, also and the Cavs picture him to be a PF. And I see Williams as an upgrade from Hickson that can shoot.

Trade Hickson for a 1st next year

Trade 32, 54 and cash for 20 pick

Pick Hamilton

Irving/Davis/Sessions
    Hamilton/Parker/Gibson
    FA/Eyanga
    Williams/Jamison/Samuels
    Varejao/Erden/Hollins

Two firts for 2012 and 2013. This would be great.

vCash
    I would love for Williams to fall to us at 4. I think we draft Irving at 1 then Williams at 4 if he falls. The thing I am worried about though is taking Irving at one then Williams going at 2 then Kanter goes 3. Personally I don't like taking a project player from overseas that we wont have next season

vCash
    Exactly. I say maybe draft Klay Thompson then.

vCash
    I would trade down and take Tristan Thompson. Apparently, he had 2 great workouts for the Cavs.

vCash
    To all the Cavs fan...

Looking at your team from the outside, how much has it been discussed to draft D-Will from Arizona with the first pick and then roll the dice that Brandon Knight is avail at 4 with most likely Irving and Canter going 2 and 3 or 3 and 2. I think if Irving is passed up, don't know what the Wolves would do with all those PGs and maybe they take Kanter so Irving slides. Trading from 4 to 3 more of an option than from 4 to 2. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on that. All that said, I'm not really sold on Irving. Hurt most of the year, so essentially it's almost like drafting a player straight from high school, but taking D-Will at 1 is the more likely way for Cleveland to land both of their guys.

Kemba always an option at 4 too to go along with D-Will. Then maybe look to move Baron for a pick in the teens if there is something you like there.
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 06-22-2011 at 08:10 PM.

vCash
    Well nobody will give up a teen pick for Baron, to bad contract but maybe some contending teams needs a PG. Also, I think Williams could fall but not Irving.

Page 4 of 259 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast