Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2011 Nhl Draft

vCash

2011 Nhl Draft

Just wondering your guys thoughts who you want this year with the first round pick and anything you wanna see happen in the draft this year?

My hope for the first round is either zack phillips or take a chance on the big d-man Jamieson Oleksiak
    What do you guys think?

vCash
    With Jarrod Tinordi playing for the Habs in a few years along with PK, and being biased from Saskatoon, if Duncan Siemens is available by the time the Habs are up please take him. 6'3" 200 already at 18. Tough as nails, fights, hits, skates great, good vision. The top 3 D for the Habs would be awesome with PK, Tinordi and Siemens for years to come. Skill, size, toughness, that would be a tough D to play against no matter who the other 3 are.

In a couple years you got LeBlanc to take Gomez' spot, Schultz, White, Pacs, with the tough D, you got plenty of size up front. really only Cammy and Gio are the small guys (maybe Descharnais, is he long-term though?).

Go Habs.

vCash
    Historically over the past 25 years or so, the Canadiens haven't done very well at the draft table IMO.

Subban being an exception, I'm not sure if it is poor scouting, draft ranking, or players just being busts, but I agree with the genral sentiment in the post from JaysHabs in the Habs getting a bit bigger up front.

20 years ago you may have been able to get by with a smallish team, but not today.

Hopefully they begin to trend upward in the draft, but I think a big defenseman is never a bad way to go........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysHabs View Post
    With Jarrod Tinordi playing for the Habs in a few years along with PK, and being biased from Saskatoon, if Duncan Siemens is available by the time the Habs are up please take him. 6'3" 200 already at 18. Tough as nails, fights, hits, skates great, good vision. The top 3 D for the Habs would be awesome with PK, Tinordi and Siemens for years to come. Skill, size, toughness, that would be a tough D to play against no matter who the other 3 are.

In a couple years you got LeBlanc to take Gomez' spot, Schultz, White, Pacs, with the tough D, you got plenty of size up front. really only Cammy and Gio are the small guys (maybe Descharnais, is he long-term though?).

Go Habs.
    All in good fun, but you just described a Bruin player, i dont think any of those fit in with what MTL hockey is all about

vCash
    I also like Siemens alot but I have feeling he will be gone befor ethe habs pick at 17 but if somehow he does get I take him over oleksiak