Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Oprah Says Obama’s Being Bashed “Because He’s African American”

“There’s a level of disrespect for the office … because he’s African American.” ~Oprah Winfrey

Barack Obama is far from being the first President to become the target of sharp criticism — and he’s most likely not going to be the last. But Oprah Winfrey says President Obama’s ethnicity is the sole reason why he’s being bashed by critics.

That’s what the Big O told UK journalists … shortly after the President issued his open apology, telling Americans he’s ‘sorry’ after the launching of his ‘affordable Healthcare Act’ threw ‘untold millions off the rolls of the insured.’ Despite the numbers, Oprah insists if Obama were Caucasian he would not be criticized.

Here’s what Oprah Winfrey had to say:

“The level of disrespect when the Senator yelled out you’re a liar, remember that? Yeah, I think there’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs in some cases and maybe even in many cases because he’s African American.”

Here’s how political analyst Deroy Murdock responded to Oprah’s statement:

“If she had a factual basis for her point, she could have made it. The idea that Obama’s suffering disrespect just because he’s Black kinda overlooks about 225-years of American history — and how people respond to Presidents with whom they disagree.

If you go back just to G W Bush … I mean remember, ‘Bush lied, people died?’ People called him ‘McHitler.’ You saw pictures of him in protests with square mustaches. If you go back even to LBJ, who was a white man. Um, ‘hey LBJ how, how many boys did you kill during the Vietnam war?’ So Presidents suffer disrespect at the hands of their critics regardless of their color.

President Obama was elected and reelected. When he came into office in January of 2009 he had about a 70-percent approval rating. And I think the entire country wished him well, we knew this was a historical thing having our first Black … or at least mixed … President, if you want to look at it that way.

And since that time we’ve gotten to know a President much better — who is just disengaged, doesn’t seem involved in a lot of the policies he’s promoted, he doesn’t seem to be around or know anything about Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, the NSA spying on foreign leaders, the Department of Justice spying on American journalists … and with the Obamacare thing, two-days before HealthCare.gov launched he was out playing his 147th round of golf. So this disengaged President, I think, has led to a lot of criticism.”

Link: http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...ican-american/

I don't really disagree with Oprah, but I think she's exaggerating it. Obama was elected and re-elected twice, so idk.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    Who gives a ****? Do you really take time out of your day to ponder this media-manufactured "debate?" **** this *** earth.

vCash
    Reported.

vCash
    Meh. My criticism is always directed at his genetically caucasian half. Even I know not to blast his African American side, the political correct police would come out in full force for me. I always thought he had an overdeveloped tan.

I tend to disrespect the office of the President only because, for my meager 35+ years, we have had such crappy holders of the position. Also, I don't see any "good" presidents worthy of respect developing in the pipeline, from the only two groups that bring them up from the minors, for a hell of a long time.
    Offseason To Do List:
    1. Make an offseason to do list.
    2. Get some tips on the ladies from Clark the Cub.
    3. P90X with Prince Fielder.
    4. Compile top ten list of top ten G.O.A.T. top ten lists.

That Ain't No Bat. That A Kickstand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Who gives a ****? Do you really take time out of your day to ponder this media-manufactured "debate?" **** this *** earth.
    This. Pointless thread op

6. 11-19-2013, 12:27 AM
    Reason
    Baiting - SI

7. 11-19-2013, 12:34 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic - SI

vCash
    Oprah is ONE person who does not represent any one party or group.she does not speak for anyone. That is why.

vCash
    This isn't some person on the street, Oprah is easily one of the most influential/powerful person in America. So yes, her statements mean a lot, just like when Bill Clinton said Obama needed to fix people losing their insurance. Look at all the attention that got from ABC/NBC/CNN etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    This isn't some person on the street, Oprah is easily one of the most influential/powerful person in America. So yes, her statements mean a lot, just like when Bill Clinton said Obama needed to fix people losing their insurance. Look at all the attention that got from ABC/NBC/CNN etc.
    Clinton is a politician. She is not. Not remotely the same

11. 11-19-2013, 12:53 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    How isn't it the same? Like I said, Oprah is one of the most powerful influential person in America...

A lot of people are talking about her comments on other sites so I made a thread... Didn't know it would bother you liberals so much
    That last line is exactly why I'm tired of your threads. Your aim is to get to that, piss people off, and post a new thread. It's so ridiculously tiring.

vCash
    Why is it that a disagreement with a minority or a critical common of a minority almost always has to come down to an accusation of "disrespect?"

Why can't is just be a simple disagreement or critical comment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Why is it that a disagreement with a minority or a critical common of a minority almost always has to come down to an accusation of "disrespect?"

Why can't is just be a simple disagreement or critical comment?
    Oprah is a grown *** man, don't disrespect

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Like I said in the Christie thread, it's all stupid.

If Oprah believes the majority of the opposition is due to race, that's her problem.

Let's focus on the issues and let the idiots on both sides be idiots.

vCash
    Well, that's silly of her to say. Clearly most of the criticism has nothing to do with racial undertones. I'm sure some to some extent does, but we know that.

There are a lot of silly things that people with a huge audience say frequently, on both sides. And moving on...
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    I have no issue with this thread and feel it is worthy of discussion.

Plain and simple he was and is shunned by the right because of his skin color and Arab-African name. His citizenship and religious beliefs have been questioned as well. Without a doubt there is a segment of the right IMO do not like Barak Hussian Obama because of his skin color and name.

I feel if it acceptable socially more on the right would come out publicly and admit their negative feelings. To make a comparison it reminds me of the person that would say "Black people are ok I just don't want my daughter or son to marry one". It is a form of bigotry that lurks in the shadows of ones soul that very much exists in today's America.

And to add to this if Pelosi, Hillary, or Palin were not women they would not get half of the criticism or media they receive.
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 11-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    I have no issue with this thread and feel it is worthy of discussion.

Plain and simple he was and is shunned by the right because of his skin color and Arab-African name. His citizenship and religious beliefs have been questioned as well. Without a doubt there is a segment of the right IMO do not like Barak Hussian Obama because of his skin color and name.

I feel if it acceptable socially more on the right would come out publicly and admit their negative feelings. To make a comparison it reminds me of the person that would say "Black people are ok I just don't want my daughter or son to marry one". It is a form of bigotry that lurks in the shadows of ones soul that very much exists in today's America.

And to add to this if Pelosi, Hillary, or Palin were not women they would not get half of the criticism or media they receive.
    Wow! You know that for a fact, do you? It's plain and simple.

The right doesn't like BarryO because he is on the left. Because he is a Democrat. I'm sure there are some who would never vote for a black man, just as there are some blacks who would never vote for a white man (if a black and a white were running. Ask the Chicagoans who voted for Jesse Jackson Jr. How could tat jerk get elected to anything?

People bring up stuff like this all the time. Kennedy was Catholic. Romney was Mormon etc.

If Pelosi, Hillary, or Palin were not women they would not get half of the attention they get. They make fun of everything Palin does.

The top dog always gets criticized. Who was criticized more that both Bushes?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast