Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Obama's Approval Rating Plummets on Foreign Policy: Americans Schizophrenic?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...ithout-n133461

Apparently, a new NBC/WSJ poll suggests that the President's approval ratings on foreign policy are officially into the "Incompetent" realm. To be fair, it is common for a sitting second term president to receive lower poll numbers. Also, the Congress is still hovering around 20% approval ratings.

In a somewhat schizophrenic, strange twist, ultra-conservative political pundit, Glenn Beck, agrees with Democrats on Iraq. He lamented, "Liberals, you were right" about Iraq war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...cs&ir=Politics

Not sure what is next--dogs marrying cats,maybe. We are, as an American populous, completely in upheaval on our political issues, imo. Has the two party system "jumped the shark", I wonder? Do the two major national political parties even represent the reasonable folks in their own tents?
    Last edited by Jester4k0; 06-18-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Offseason To Do List:
    1. Make an offseason to do list.
    2. Get some tips on the ladies from Clark the Cub.
    3. P90X with Prince Fielder.
    4. Compile top ten list of top ten G.O.A.T. top ten lists.

That Ain't No Bat. That A Kickstand!

vCash
    Agree. He is incompetent.

vCash
    I think the biggest problem has been said by dbroncos in a different thread. He's bent over to conservatives on foreign policy and it has lost him some points with liberals and conservatives are never going to give him credit anyways.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I think the biggest problem has been said by dbroncos in a different thread. He's bent over to conservatives on foreign policy and it has lost him some points with liberals and conservatives are never going to give him credit anyways.
    Yep. He has made a terrible miscalculation of his own base and his political opponents. This is true in other areas than just foreign policy, but that is by far the most notable. The gains that he has made from independents and moderate conservatives have been minuscule when compared to the extreme liberals he lost and the extreme conservatives that he should have known he could never win over.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    What? He has bent over to conservatives? A ludicrous assertion. He is a man of inaction. He fails to take a position on anything. He vacillates. He fails to commit to anything. He is a man that is overwhelmed by foreign policy. That is why he is viewed as inept. It isn't conservatives fault. A convenient canard and one liberals wish was true to be sure. He is responsible for his own foreign policy ineptitude.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    What? He has bent over to conservatives? A ludicrous assertion. He is a man of inaction. He fails to take a position on anything. He vacillates. He fails to commit to anything. He is a man that is overwhelmed by foreign policy. That is why he is viewed as inept. It isn't conservatives fault. A convenient canard and one liberals wish was true to be sure. He is responsible for his own foreign policy ineptitude.
    Did you read what dbroncs said... Cause he is not suggesting that he is not responsible for his own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5508588.html

Harry Reid apologizes for "being misled" on the Iraq War.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/s237 Senate Results
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/h455 House Results

For context, the second set of links provide the congressional votes, at that time. While there was opposition by the D's, there was not much.

It can also be noted that 98% of Senate R's voted for the authorization to go to war, while 58% of D's voted for it.

In the house, 97% of the R's voted for, while 39% of D's voted for it.

Not completely a partisan vote to waste a whole bunch of taxpayer money/ citizen's lives for a lost cause as proven by recent events in Iraq. The opposition party should have been similar to the R's now, imo, engaging in "real" opposition. But, for me, that does not get the R's off the hook, either. The two parties have been so similar---makes it infuriating to a voter like me to decipher which side of the same coin that I have to choose from.
    Last edited by Jester4k0; 06-19-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Offseason To Do List:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Did you read what dbroncs said... Cause he is not suggesting that he is not responsible for his own decisions.
    I would argue quite the opposite. He absolutely is responsible for his poor decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester4k0 View Post
    ...The two parties have been so similar---makes it infuriating to a voter like me to decipher which side of the same coin that I have to choose from.
    But, I expect you have decided.

How often do you vote for either party?

vCash
    Look as democrats it's time to face that the president we put our hope into has completely gone lame duck and is really not that great of a president. In fact he is awful with his foreign policy ****ing awful.

Bush got us into this mess and now Obama somehow is making it worse. I mean jesus did he not learn from history that arming middle eastern rebel groups never work out well. As a veteran who served multiple tours in Iraq thank you US govt. to solidifying that everyone who gave a limb or their life died in vain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Military Advisers, wtf? how do people not see through this bull ****
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 06-19-2014 at 09:30 PM.

vCash

Not entirely sure what you are inquiring about here, Subroc.

I can admit that as the final deadline for punching a ticket nears I have made a final decision. Afterwards, I follow through and perform my civic duty and choose a candidate which I hope to be the lesser of two evils if I have chosen a major party candidate.

Because, voting is essentially my only real voice--(just don't have the scratch to donate to, nor start, a PAC---Really no interest in financing campaigns in general)--I tend to take in all information as possible, weigh it, then choose.

Both major parties have so many flaws, as an aggregate of all selections on a ballot, I would say that maybe 50% of the time I vote for a major party. So I suppose I have already decided on being independent with my votes. Does that answer the question?
    Offseason To Do List:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Look as democrats it's time to face that the president we put our hope into has completely gone lame duck and is really not that great of a president. In fact he is awful with his foreign policy ****ing awful.

Bush got us into this mess and now Obama somehow is making it worse.
    I mean jesus did he not learn from history that arming middle eastern rebel groups never work out well. As a veteran who served multiple tours in Iraq thank you US govt. to solidifying that everyone who gave a limb or their life died in vain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Military Advisers, wtf? how do people not see through this bull ****
    Which is my sentiment on many affairs, domestic and abroad. I find a common theme....R's and D's.....the two major corporate authoritarian regimes, that do way more harm than good to this nation. Both have proven to be bad at what they do---their goals are to be "less bad" than the other team. Their blind apologist supporters are culpable, as well, imho. BTW, should go without saying, Thanks for your efforts in the military.
    Offseason To Do List:

vCash
    ...The two parties have been so similar---makes it infuriating to a voter like me to decipher which side of the same coin that I have to choose from.

Not entirely sure what you are inquiring about here, Subroc.

I can admit that as the final deadline for punching a ticket nears I have made a final decision. Afterwards, I follow through and perform my civic duty and choose a candidate which I hope to be the lesser of two evils if I have chosen a major party candidate.

Because, voting is essentially my only real voice--(just don't have the scratch to donate to, nor start, a PAC---Really no interest in financing campaigns in general)--I tend to take in all information as possible, weigh it, then choose.

Both major parties have so many flaws, as an aggregate of all selections on a ballot, I would say that maybe 50% of the time I vote for a major party. So I suppose I have already decided on being independent with my votes. Does that answer the question?
    Well, I expect most vote for a major party. I agree completely with your point that both major parties have flaws.

Many like to feature themselves as independents but virtually always vote one party or another. Parties have platforms. Issues are important. Some people are 1 issue voters. Activists wouldn't vote for someone they view as against some particular position they advocate for no matter what the rest of a particular candidates platform was. My point is, even if you feature yourself independently minded, some issues matter to you more than others and those issues are attached to some political party and by default you would tend to vote for that party far more than the other. That is what my question was asking.

vCash
    Well, I expect most vote for a major party. I agree completely with your point that both major parties have flaws.

Many like to feature themselves as independents but virtually always vote one party or another. Parties have platforms. Issues are important. Some people are 1 issue voters. Activists wouldn't vote for someone they view as against some particular position they advocate for no matter what the rest of a particular candidates platform was. My point is, even if you feature yourself independently minded, some issues matter to you more than others and those issues are attached to some political party and by default you would tend to vote for that party far more than the other. That is what my question was asking.
    This is a sort of carry over from the solar thread. It occurs to me that which party I have identified with has changed over the years, based on what ever issue(s) I found most important at that time. I have been self identified over time as a member of both major parties and a couple of minor parties. It really was issue based.

While some people remain primarily based in a single issue, other people have their primary issues change in importance over time. While the parties now are more polarized then at anytime in my lifetime, they are by no means more polarized than at other times in history. My guess is that this polarization will change given time.

Circling back to my very first sentence. I believe that renewable energy is important in ways that go far beyond the normal arguments. In my opinion, this goes to foreign relations, national security, economic security, environmental security, and more. In the end, I think this will become the singular most important issue we will have to deal with. How we approach these issues, I believe, will reshuffle the deck.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash

Because, voting is essentially my only real voice--
    eehhh....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast