Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wild acquire David Mcintyre

Maxim Noreau for David McIntyre...somewhat underwhelming, and the Wild gave up the better player, but considering our depth at D, and our lack of depth at forward, it was a good trade.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ld-511783.html

his profile...
    http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david_mcintyre

vCash
    Yep we gave up the better player, we gave up a D man who has a chance to crack a roster at the 6/7 spot for a forward who will never see ice time in the NHL. Way to go Fletcher good start to the off season. Would have much rather packaged him or some other D depth guy we have for something else or to move up in the draft or...well for anything else. Let the disappointing off-season begin!

vCash
    Ugh. Fletcher is starting to wear thin on me.

vCash
    lol, calm down guys. Yes, Noreau was the better player, but we took him from a position of depth, and traded him for a position we were thin at. Not a bad trade, not a good trade, just a trade.

vCash
    Haha the only point I was trying to make was I would have rather traded someone with more promise (Scandella, Cuma etc) for a forward of more promise. If were gonna trade depth because we have depth in one position and not the other, at least trade part of our depth and get something that is actually going to help the other position.

vCash
    McIntyre will help

vCash
    No offense but how exactly? I mean I hope it comes back to bite me in the *** but this guy will never crack an NHL lineup.

vCash
    I didnt watch the game, but Mcintyre did crack the lineup, and I just read an article saying Yeo was pretty impressed with him.

vCash
    Well I will give you and him credit I am extremely surprised. But when I said crack I meant he won't stick on an NHL team. Meaning this call up and play 9 mins of ice time isn't really cracking into the NHL Imo

vCash
    he was also called up only because of the two consecutive losses, and the team looking lack luster...but that does at least show that McCintyre was next in line to be called up.

vCash
    Yeah, I know he has been doing well I will give him credit, I could see him making a defensive 4th liner maybe in a year or two maybe...but nothing more than that still if that.

And honestly being the first call up from the Aeros isnt much, we dont really have any of our good forward prospects on that team most are in college or overseas still.

vCash
    well, McCintyre describes himself as an agitator, and you dont always need to be the most skilled to play that role...so maybe he can find a way into the league being a jerk.

vCash
    Haha maybe, I would like him to become a defensive/faceoff guy.