Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Olaf Kölzig hired as Associate Goaltender Coach

Welcome back Godzilla!

Although goaltender Olie Kolzig was property of both Tampa Bay and Toronto in the days after his playing career ended here in the District, Kolzig will always be thought of and remembered as a Capital.

Today, the 41-year-old Kolzig begins a new career as the Capitals’ associate goaltender coach.

Two other moves in the team’s coaching ranks accompany Kolzig’s return to the organization. Goaltending coach Arturs Irbe’s contract expired at the end of the 2011-12 season after he spent each of the last two seasons in that position. Longtime goaltending coach Dave Prior – who is the longest continually tenured assistant coach in Washington Capitals franchise history – returns to his former post as the Capitals’ director of goaltending and NHL goaltender coach.
    Full article HERE.

vCash
    Good call 'chocolayo' who called this 5 days ago!

vCash
    OLIEEEEEEEEE KOOOLLLLLLZZIGGGG. haha. Alright, I'm happy about that but we have a lot of more important areas to fix.

vCash
    Looks like Kolzig will be in charge of Hershey/South Carolina. While Dave Prior is back and will handle the NHL duties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksNats1987 View Post
    Good call 'chocolayo' who called this 5 days ago!
    When I read the article on Google I thought this exact same thing. PSD way ahead of the game.

vCash
    Olie the Goalie, **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Class move, I hope he works out. He's a big plus if he can help add some leadership to the Caps locker room too

vCash
    I like Olie, not sure he's a fit for the Caps tenders tho. The current top 3 (maybe 4) are athletic/reflex goalies, Olie was a hulk of a goalie. He won't be able to teach them to become big, and I'm not certain he'll be all that in tune with their styles.