Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by noitall View Post
    Some players (like Erhoff or Jovonoski) find the $ more rewarding. Other players (like some currently signed Vancouver Canucks) would rather win than get an additional $ million or two. Vancouver desperately needed more scoring punch in their series with Boston. Two additional top 6 (preferably large) forwards will put Vancouver back in the position of Stanley cup favourite. Richards is the best available free agent. There may be some restricted free agents that would fit this need. I have not considered any of these because offer sheets are usually matched for good players.

I agree that it will cost too much to recruit Richards if he cares more about the money more than winning.....But, if he wants to win it all......what team would be a better option for him than vancouver? Bottom line, as I see it.... Vancouver needs two new top 6 forwards to be a real contender in 2011/12.
    I think you missed the point. Richards is a center which we have no need for. We need wingers. Not to mention Richards will be getting 6 mil probably which is a bad idea if we pursue that.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Re-sign Higgins, and sign Gagne. Try to bring in Joel Ward as well. If not, then re-sign Torres and stick him on the 4th.

Daniel - Hank - Samuelsson
    Burrows - Kesler - Gagne
    Hansen - Malhotra - Higgins
    Oreskovich - Lapierre - Ward/Torres

Hamhuis-Bieksa
    Edler-Salo
    Ballard-Tanev

Not sure where the cap space is coming from but Gillis needs to do this.

This could actually work, how much is Gagne supposed to make? I'm assuming less than 6. I had him at 6 on the cap geek thing and i had ward at 2.5. I don't know what is realistic. But with those numbers everything fit within the cap... but that means we wouldn't sign any defensemen. I gave Salo 2.5 and Higgins 2.2. All of these numbers are way off. But that roster looks good regardless.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 06-29-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Swap Manny and Lappy. Burrows has to play with the Sedins IMO. Higgins on the 2nd. Trade Sammy.

vCash
    daniel - henrik - burrows
    higgins - kesler - gagne
    hansen - lapierre - ward
    torres - malhotra - oreskovich

how bout that?

Samuelsson is going to be too hard to trade, but if we do trade him that would let us get another defenseman.

I really want Higgins, Gagne, and Ward!
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    yeah that looks killer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    daniel - henrik - burrows
    higgins - kesler - gagne
    hansen - lapierre - ward
    torres - malhotra - oreskovich

how bout that?

Samuelsson is going to be too hard to trade, but if we do trade him that would let us get another defenseman.

I really want Higgins, Gagne, and Ward!
    I love that. The only thing is in my opinion Torres is such a liability with those stupid penalties he takes. I like him on our 4th line but if he is brought back he needs to tone it down big time.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I really hope we sign Gagne. I don't care if we overpay a little. I'm actually not expecting him to make a ton of money next season. I think he may take something in like the 4 mil range. Just my gut feeling. Also sf, in your depth chart I see no signs of May Ray. Are you assuming we trade him or something?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
    Simon Gagne - Ryan Kesler - Mikael Samuelsson
    Chris Higgins - Manny Malholtra - Jannik Hansen
    Raffi Torres - Maxim Lapierre - Victor Oreskovich

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I really hope we sign Gagne. I don't care if we overpay a little. I'm actually not expecting him to make a ton of money next season. I think he may take something in like the 4 mil range. Just my gut feeling. Also sf, in your depth chart I see no signs of May Ray. Are you assuming we trade him or something?
    LTIR. Out a while.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    how about this

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
    Simon Gagne/Thomas Fleischman-Kesler-Raymond/Tyler Kennedy
    Higgins-Malholtra-Anthony Stewart/Joel Ward
    Jannik Hansen-LaPierre-Sean Bergenhiem/Raffi Torres

Bieksa-Hamhius
    Edler-Anton Babchuk
    Tanev-Kaberle/other Fa or trade
    Salo

Luongo
    Schnieder

Trading Samuelson and Ballard (and maybe Raymond)would be hard, and you may have to include draft picks to entice other teams to take them, but its worth it to get the extra cap space

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    LTIR. Out a while.
    I expect him back by December or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ThUnDeR HaWk View Post
    how about this

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
    Simon Gagne/Thomas Fleischman-Kesler-Raymond/Tyler Kennedy
    Higgins-Malholtra-Anthony Stewart/Joel Ward
    Jannik Hansen-LaPierre-Sean Bergenhiem/Raffi Torres

Bieksa-Hamhius
    Edler-Anton Babchuk
    Tanev-Kaberle/other Fa or trade
    Salo

Luongo
    Schnieder

Trading Samuelson and Ballard (and maybe Raymond)would be hard, and you may have to include draft picks to entice other teams to take them, but its worth it to get the extra cap space
    I wouldn't pay 4-5 mil for Kaberle to put him on our 3rd line.

I don't think a lot of that is very realistic to be honest. Just too much money and we would have to find ways to trade Samuelsson and Ballard. Good luck.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Still frees up the 2.5.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Yeah, that's true. At least until hes back.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    1. James Wisniewski, age 27. Previous team: Montreal. Last year's salary: $3.25 million. Habs have already traded his rights to Columbus so might not make it to market. Often injured but put up 51 points last year, one more than Ehrhoff.

2. Matt Gilroy, age 26. Previous team: NY Rangers. Last year's salary: $1.75 million. Former Hobey Baker winner fell out of favour in Big Apple. Canucks had interest in him two years ago. Would they again?

3. Ed Jovanovski, age 35. Previous team: Phoenix. Last year's salary: $6.5 million. One-time Canuck is entering twilight years. Skating always an asset. Might be short-term fix.

4. Ian White, age 27. Previous team: San Jose. Last year's salary: $3 million. Small and not terribly strong in own end but good puck mover.

5. Roman Hamrlik, age 37. Previous team: Montreal. Last year's salary: $5.5 million. Like Jovo, getting near the end. Loads of experience. Short-term fix.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business...#ixzz1QjhjWr8J
    Slim market. I like White, and jovo. I think we can just focus on forwards, i like our defense the way it is.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Gilroy because he should come cheap. Would be a decent add. The rest seem too expensive. But yeah. We need forwards mostly.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast