Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Offseason

vCash
    yeah, 6 Years/27 Million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    There is a thread in the NHL forum about Bogosian wanting out of Winnipeg. We should pursue with Hodgson. I love Bogo and would love to see him here. He would also be fairly cheap as far as a contract. He is an RFA and I cant see him getting too much for his play so far. He obviously has some work to do to improve his game but I think it would be a smart idea to bring him in. He is only 21 and has shown signs he will get better. Thoughts?

Edit: Also, if we did this we could save a few mil and let Ehrhoff walk and use that money towards a guy like Gagne. It makes a lot of sense to give it a shot.
    I don't think bringing Bogo to Vancouver would make ANY sense for us. Right now, you can almost consider him a bust, he probably has one more year before he's considered a bust. Bogo isn't even close to on the level of a guy like Hoffer right now. He's probably closer to Tanev. If we traded CoHo for Bogo, then we just blew our chance to trade for a legit top 6 forward instead we got a D-Man that won't help us win the cup next year, and might never develop into anything, aka a prospect.

vCash
    If we lose out on Gagne, what about steve sullivan?
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Heard Paul Kariya might be an option on a one year deal, might get him cheap because hes a BC boy and hes coming off a possible career ending injury.

vCash
    Paul Kariya worries me. He's gotten hit so much, and has such a serious problem with concussions. If he can stay healthy, he's capable of 20/30/50.

vCash
    If he would sign for like league minimum it would be well worth the risk.

vCash

Smile Mike has some work to do

Quote Originally Posted by urbananuck View Post
    The Canucks need to actively pursue and sign Brook Laich.
    Brookes Laich is not available.

Raymond has got to be out of the equation until he is cleared to play. Kesler needs 2 new top 6 wingers (ie., Brunnet, Jokinen, Upshaw, Gagne or Cole) who can score. Samuelson and Higgins (if he re-signs) belong with Lapierre on a third line. Hansen, Torres (if he re-signs) and Malhotra can be a gritty fourth checking line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by noitall View Post

Raymond has got to be out of the equation until he is cleared to play. Kesler needs 2 new top 6 wingers (ie., Brunnet, Jokinen, Upshaw, Gagne or Cole) who can score. Samuelson and Higgins (if he re-signs) belong with Lapierre on a third line. Hansen, Torres (if he re-signs) and Malhotra can be a gritty fourth checking line.
    Who?

I'm guessing you meant Andrew Brunette. No clue who Upshaw is...
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Upshall I'm guessing

vCash

I'd switch Manny and Lapierre spots for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I don't think bringing Bogo to Vancouver would make ANY sense for us. Right now, you can almost consider him a bust, he probably has one more year before he's considered a bust. Bogo isn't even close to on the level of a guy like Hoffer right now. He's probably closer to Tanev. If we traded CoHo for Bogo, then we just blew our chance to trade for a legit top 6 forward instead we got a D-Man that won't help us win the cup next year, and might never develop into anything, aka a prospect.
    I don't think hes a bust. I don't think hes amazing yet but not a bust. Hes still young and developing. He definitely needs a change of scenery. I would take him in a heartbeat. We need to trade Cody obviously I moreso was saying do a trade like this if we can sign Gagne in FA because losing Ehrhoff, we obviously need to do something now. Unless we want Rome playing 82 games next year.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Upshall I'm guessing
    Ah makes sense now.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Who?

I'm guessing you meant Andrew Brunette. No clue who Upshaw is...
    Sorry.....I meant Scottie Upshall. Now that Erhoff has bailed out for more money, it may be even more important to get two new top 6 wingers. Landing Richards would be a nice place to start, but I am not holding much hope on that....unless he really wants to win !

vCash
    Sorry.....I meant Scottie Upshall. Now that Erhoff has bailed out for more money, it may be even more important to get two new top 6 wingers. Landing Richards would be a nice place to start, but I am not holding much hope on that....unless he really wants to win !
    Why would we pursue Richards? He is going to cost a fortune and is the one position we really have no need for.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Why would we pursue Richards? He is going to cost a fortune and is the one position we really have no need for.
    Some players (like Erhoff or Jovonoski) find the $ more rewarding. Other players (like some currently signed Vancouver Canucks) would rather win than get an additional $ million or two. Vancouver desperately needed more scoring punch in their series with Boston. Two additional top 6 (preferably large) forwards will put Vancouver back in the position of Stanley cup favourite. Richards is the best available free agent. There may be some restricted free agents that would fit this need. I have not considered any of these because offer sheets are usually matched for good players.

I agree that it will cost too much to recruit Richards if he cares more about the money more than winning.....But, if he wants to win it all......what team would be a better option for him than vancouver? Bottom line, as I see it.... Vancouver needs two new top 6 forwards to be a real contender in 2011/12.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast