Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I would love it if we could some how trade Ballard for Clowe. Obviously we'd have to throw in a top tier prospect, but SJ needs depth on D and we need a power forward type.
    I still just want to free up cap room a little and sign Gagne. If we could trade and get Clowe and then sign Gagne while keeping Bieksa and Hoff and those guys. Omg that would be sick but unlikely.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Half speculation.... #Canucks really wanted Andrew Ladd last summer - badly. Do they try and dangle Hodgson + to Winnipeg to land him?
    http://twitter.com/#!/angus_j
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Ladd is their first captain, I doubt they trade him.

vCash
    Get Dustin Byfuglien.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    **** that

vCash
    It's not a bad option. Stick him in front of the goalie and our pp will get 100x better. We'll get a lot more garbage goals. It's unrealistic but i think he would help the team win.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Hodgson to get Ladd? No thanks. We can use him to get someone better. I like Ladd but that **** isn't happening. And Byfuglien haha. Wont happen but that would be funny.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    trade samuelson, shirikov and a pick to the flyers for D braydon couburn and D Matt Carle
    - the flyers need some vets, and couburn and carle are expendable. their salaries are about 3 mill a year, and they already have timonen, pronger, Mezaros, etc. apparently the flyers want more cap space to pursue joni pitkanen

trade ballard to anybody who will take him.
    - maybe if the canucks trade schnieder they can include ballard in the deal

resign Higgins, Torres, Bieksa (done)
    - erhoff will be very expensive, and there is a younger, much cheaper option in free agency- Anton Babchuk

sign D Anton Babchuk, RW Daniel Carcillo, LW Simon Gagne
    - brooks laich and erik cole are options, but are more expensive

lineup:
    Sedin-Sedin-Hodgson (or burrows)
    Gagne-Kesler-Raymond (raymond will have a bounce back year once he heals)
    Higgins-Malholtra-Burrows (or hodgson)
    Torres-Lapierre-Hanses
    Carcillo
    Bolduc

Hamhius-Babchuk
    Coburn-Edler
    Bieksa-Carle
    Rome
    Tanev

Luongo
    Schnieder

vCash
    That makes no sense. The d will stay the same unless weber is the option. Ladd would be great and I would give hodgson for him but that's all. It has become apparent that Cody has no place on this team in the near future and why hinder development of a good kid. Trade him for Ladd and they have Cody and kane together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThUnDeR HaWk View Post
    trade samuelson, shirikov and a pick to the flyers for D braydon couburn and D Matt Carle
    - the flyers need some vets, and couburn and carle are expendable. their salaries are about 3 mill a year, and they already have timonen, pronger, Mezaros, etc. apparently the flyers want more cap space to pursue joni pitkanen

trade ballard to anybody who will take him.
    - maybe if the canucks trade schnieder they can include ballard in the deal

resign Higgins, Torres, Bieksa (done)
    - erhoff will be very expensive, and there is a younger, much cheaper option in free agency- Anton Babchuk

sign D Anton Babchuk, RW Daniel Carcillo, LW Simon Gagne
    - brooks laich and erik cole are options, but are more expensive

lineup:
    Sedin-Sedin-Hodgson (or burrows)
    Gagne-Kesler-Raymond (raymond will have a bounce back year once he heals)
    Higgins-Malholtra-Burrows (or hodgson)
    Torres-Lapierre-Hanses
    Carcillo
    Bolduc

Hamhius-Babchuk
    Coburn-Edler
    Bieksa-Carle
    Rome
    Tanev

Luongo
    Schnieder
    First thing here - Your depth chart has Rome ahead of Tanev...No. Just no. You clearly have either never seen Rome and Tanev play or you are Alain Vigneault disguised as a PSD user.

Second - I don't care how dumb a GM is, no Gm is dumb enough to take 3000 year old Samuelsson, Shirokov who's chances of ever making the NHL full time are slimming, and a pick for two of their top 4 d-men even if they desperately need cap relief.

Third - If we take on the money from Coburn and Carle, where are we getting enough money to sign Carcillo, Babchuk, and Gagne?

Fourth - Why is Cody Hodgson your first line winger and why is Mason Raymond on your 2nd line?

Fifth - Why are we signing Daniel Carcillo just to have him as a player that's not even on our top 4 lines? Also, Carcillo is an RFA so were not getting him regardless.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Thank you dan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Thank you dan!
    We were all thinking it. I just grew a pair and said it as nicely as I could lol.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    There is a thread in the NHL forum about Bogosian wanting out of Winnipeg. We should pursue with Hodgson. I love Bogo and would love to see him here. He would also be fairly cheap as far as a contract. He is an RFA and I cant see him getting too much for his play so far. He obviously has some work to do to improve his game but I think it would be a smart idea to bring him in. He is only 21 and has shown signs he will get better. Thoughts?

Edit: Also, if we did this we could save a few mil and let Ehrhoff walk and use that money towards a guy like Gagne. It makes a lot of sense to give it a shot.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    There is a thread in the NHL forum about Bogosian wanting out of Winnipeg. We should pursue with Hodgson. I love Bogo and would love to see him here. He would also be fairly cheap as far as a contract. He is an RFA and I cant see him getting too much for his play so far. He obviously has some work to do to improve his game but I think it would be a smart idea to bring him in. He is only 21 and has shown signs he will get better. Thoughts?

Edit: Also, if we did this we could save a few mil and let Ehrhoff walk and use that money towards a guy like Gagne. It makes a lot of sense to give it a shot.
    I like this. Plus coho has already been playing in winnipeg and would likely be a fan favorite.

Also a line of Gagne-Kesler-Raymond would be great.

vCash
    Did Laich sign an extension? I think i saw a news piece on it...

#3in5

<3

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast