Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by urbananuck View Post
    The Canucks need to actively pursue and sign Brook Laich.
    Eh, I wouldn't be opposed but he would have to sign pretty cheap which I don't think he will. He would be a nice addition to that 4th line but I have a feeling hes going to get more money then he deserves.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    the fist thing the canucks need to do is have coach AV abbandon the good guys on ice ghandi style of playing. The sedins were punished by the bruins in the staney cup finals and no one on the entire canucks team stood up toi brad marcand. the entire hockey world now views the canucks as *******. I can not stand having the canucks have this image and it makes me sick watching videos of chara and the Bruins holding the cup that should be in Vancouver. Mike Gillis needs to sign a Big bruiser power forward to play with the sedins, drop Burrows back with Kessler. resign Torres,Erhoff,and Bieksa. let Salo walk he was useless in game seven. keep lapierre and Higgins. bring up Darrin Archibald. Mike Gillis needs some muscle on the canucks in 2012
    Here's your answer from Mike Gillis: "That series [against Boston] may have reflected a different era in hockey," Gillis said. "But it is what it is.

"We designed a team around the current rule book and the current method of playing. We were the best team in the league this year. I am not going to plan a team around competing with one specific team."

vCash
    he may say that now, but the fact remains he has to get some protection for Daniel and Henrik Sedin and he has to aquire a scorer.

vCash
    he may say that now, but the fact remains he has to get some protection for Daniel and Henrik Sedin and he has to aquire a scorer.
    Agreed on both counts. It's too bad if he has to revert back to 80s hockey practice of hiring a policeman (hello Dave Semenko) to ride shotgun, but if the refs are not going to use the 2011 rule book in the SCF, maybe this is what will happen. If they could find a brute who has good enough hands to deflect perfect east west passes into the net all the better.

Like you say though, we need a sniper first and foremost. Someone who will help make the opposition hesitate before using cheap hits and after the whistle garbage tactics on the Canucks.
    Last edited by ink; 06-19-2011 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    http://i.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369646

TSN's offseason game plan ^

Possible forwards to target: Leino, Laich, Gagne
    Possible defensemen to target if Ehrhoff/Bieksa leave: Jovo, Wisniewski, White, Pitkanen

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    The province mentioned Cole and Laich as fits.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I want Gagne and to re-sign everyone else pretty much. That would be heaven.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    with the 30th pick in the NHL draft the Vancouver Canucks SHOULD!!! select David Mucil. 6'3 defencemen from the Vancouver Giants. Born and raised in Delta British Columbia Canada. This Man has Hockey roots and is a Canuck. This pick is a no brainer.

vCash
    Do you guys think this is feasible. We trade Cory+ for a top 6 forward and then go out and try to sign Brian Boucher to backup Luongo until Lack is NHL ready so maybe a 2 year deal? 1. Is it possible? 2. What will Boucher want on the open market? 3. Can we afford that?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Wow, Philly.

Acquired forward Jakub Voracek, a first-round draft pick and a third-round draft pick in 2011 from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for forward Jeff Carter; acquired forwards Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn, and a second-round draft pick in 2012 from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Mike Richards; signed goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov to a multi-year contract.

Other news: Setoguchu and Markov re-sign for 3 years with their teams.

<3

vCash
    After the trades the Bryz signing made zero sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    After the trades the Bryz signing made zero sense.
    How so? They have him 9 years and they have a plethora of young guys.

JVR
    Giroux
    Schenn
    Simmonds
    Voracek
    Versteeg
    Zherdev
    Hartnell (Well he is older but still decent age)
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Also, Philly will trade Bobrovsky likely for a young player, and has a good draft position. They are racking up young talent. I like what they are doing. Not to mention saving a ton of cash.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    bryz is 31

vCash
    I would love it if we could some how trade Ballard for Clowe. Obviously we'd have to throw in a top tier prospect, but SJ needs depth on D and we need a power forward type.

<3

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast