Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Offseason

vCash

2011 Offseason

Very short time period before the draft and free agency.

Share your ideas/thoughts here.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    re-sign Bieksa

attempt to re-sign Hoffer but he can go, he's a liability at times

vCash
    Re-sign:

Bieksa
    Ehrhoff
    Hansen
    Lappy
    Rypien
    Higgins
    Sweatt
    Torres
    Bolduc
    Bliznak
    Oreskovich

Bye bye:

Glass
    Salo
    Tambellini

Don't care:

Desbiens
    Alberts (if he will sign under 1 mil keep him)

Trade:

Hodgson
    Schneider or Luongo (still deciding)
    Ballard
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    1st line: Obviously the Sedins won't be going anywhere. They are going to make up our first line while they are here. Burrows plays well with them and had a great postseason. Don't need to worry but that line.

2nd line: Kesler is the only staple on that line. Mason Raymond is VERY replaceable. With Samuelsson back, we might not bring back Higgins. But, I would love to bring back Higgins next year. So we could upgrade the LW on that line.

3rd line: Malhotra and Hansen are the only locks on that line. We could hide Samuelsson on that line or put Higgins there, which wouldn't be a bad idea.

4th line: I would love to see us bring back Lapierre. WE NEED STABILITY ON THAT 4th line. I hated seeing AV use a million different 4th line combos this year. Get Lappy and maybe bring back Torres and Oreskovich for that 4th line.

Defense: Let Salo walk. Try to trade Ballard. Bring back Hoff and Bieksa. And we are set on defense. Bieksa, hamhuis, edler, ehrhoff, tanev-? Also would like to see Connauton crack the top 6.

Coaching: Meh.

biggest question marks are on defense and how to complete the top 9. Sedin, Sedin, Burrows, Kesler, Samuelsson, Malhotra, Hansen are all locks to be in that top 9.

just my initial thoughts.

OH yeah and then we got the goalie issue. Never thought this would even be a discussion, but this is something MG has to address.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'd rather trade Sammy and use the cap to re-sign Higgins.

I'm not even sure if anyone will want Raymond with his injury, but Raymond is not a 2nd liner, he'd be a good 3rd liner, but we can't rely on him to score goals.

Lappy on the 3rd line would be best, with Malhotra on the 4th. Sorry Manny I love you but you just bring no offensive game, at least Lappy looks like he knows what hes doing.

If we can trade Ballard it opens up a lot of possibilities. I have a feeling Bieksa takes a discount also.

vCash
    Our defense is in an interesting situation. We have a lot of interesting options. Hammer and Edler are givens. Ballard is top 6 if he isn't traded. Bieksa and Ehrhoff should be back. I love Tanev and Sweatt. I want to see Connauton. I like Sauve but he needs more development. Going to be interesting to see what we do. We could always maybe try to sign Salo to a cheap 1 year deal if he would take it. I do want him back. Hes just so old and fragile and I wouldn't want him back unless he signs for under 1.5 mil.

As far as offense, I don't want us to trade Raymond because I think he would be good for our 3rd line with Hansen and Lappy (if both are back). We definitely need to find a top 6 forward.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    So what you're saying is you're not a fan of the Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson 2nd line? or moving Samuelsson to the 1st would be Higgins-Kesler-Burrows?

<3

vCash
    I want Samuelsson either 3rd line, 4th line, or traded. Hes awesome but so inconsistent and we need better. One of him or Raymond needs to go next year and with Raymond's injury hes almost untradeable.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
    Higgins-Kes-New Canuck
    Raymond-Lappy-Hansen
    Oreskovich-Manny-Someone (maybe Rypien is back? Or else Torres)
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Do you guys think Schroeder or Rodin will be ready for the big league next year and could be good enough for rookie 2nd line duty? On record, I pretty much have given up on Shirokov.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Since Hodgson (who is clearly the best prospect and ready to make an NHL impact) didn't get time this year then you can bet your *** that Rodin/Schroeder won't make an impact.

As for Raymond, can't we just put him on LTIR and that will free up 2.5 or however much he's making. So that will give us enough to keep samuelsson and sign another top 6. And then we'd obviously need to make a move once Raymond is back, IF he ever returns.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Since Hodgson (who is clearly the best prospect and ready to make an NHL impact) didn't get time this year then you can bet your *** that Rodin/Schroeder won't make an impact.

As for Raymond, can't we just put him on LTIR and that will free up 2.5 or however much he's making. So that will give us enough to keep samuelsson and sign another top 6. And then we'd obviously need to make a move once Raymond is back, IF he ever returns.
    True. Neither will play I'm sure, but I can dream.

Hmmm that's not a bad idea. Free up that money. I dunno, this is why I'm not GM.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    one of the 2 (hodgson/schroeder) have to be traded this offseason. No room for either of them next year and both have amazing value.

<3

vCash
    It has to be Cody. Hes the better prospect and he is more NHL ready. I love Cody but we just cant keep him.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    the fist thing the canucks need to do is have coach AV abbandon the good guys on ice ghandi style of playing. The sedins were punished by the bruins in the staney cup finals and no one on the entire canucks team stood up toi brad marcand. the entire hockey world now views the canucks as *******. I can not stand having the canucks have this image and it makes me sick watching videos of chara and the Bruins holding the cup that should be in Vancouver. Mike Gillis needs to sign a Big bruiser power forward to play with the sedins, drop Burrows back with Kessler. resign Torres,Erhoff,and Bieksa. let Salo walk he was useless in game seven. keep lapierre and Higgins. bring up Darrin Archibald. Mike Gillis needs some muscle on the canucks in 2012

vCash
    The Canucks need to actively pursue and sign Brook Laich.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast