Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should Rose refocus on his midrange game?

vCash
    I think he shouldn't even bother with his jumper this season.

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    this is common knowledge for all big bulls fans.
    remember in the 2nd half of the 2009-10 season, he couldn't miss from the midrange

then when thibs came to town, everyone left the midrange except ironically boozer
    remember luol used to absolutely love that deep mid range jumper off 1 dribble or spotting up

vCash
    Yes.

vCash
    Absolutely he should. If his mid-range is affected with him focussing more on his 3s then it's not worth it.

We don't need him to shoot 3's with this cast. He needs to go back to his first 2 years when his jumper was awesome.

He talks way too much about an improved shot and others back him up but it's been years since we've seen it. Maybe it's there but eye test I don't see it.

vCash
    if it keeps him from chucking 3's then yes.

vCash
    I think his shooting woes are purely mental. I think it's easy to underestimate just how much a jumpshot is mental. Though I do agree he needs to re-focus on his midrange game, his current shooting problems (USA team) are both mechanical and mental but mostly mental. He'll be fine. My one and only concern regarding DRose is his health, I am not worried about literally anything else. He's a transcendent star and we should not forget that. If he stays healthy he's headed to the HoF. You can quote me on that.

vCash
    Refocus? Idk about that. He should utilize it more than he did in 2011/12 seasons though.

vCash
    I mean he should mix it into his game more, but to this day the midrange jump shot is considered one of the worst shots to take. It is effective and is more consistent than the three, but I'd honestly be happy if derrick was able to stick with penetration and improve his passing this year. He has never been a great three point shooter, perhaps midrange is a good option for him to start expanding his range, but we need him to create for us.

It is scary because any drive to the rim could result in another knee injury. But driving is what makes him elite, take that away from his game and he's pretty much average/slightly above average in all other aspects of the game. As much as it will be painful to watch, and I'm sure difficult for him, he needs to get back to his up and unders, floaters, and unprecedented finishing ability around the rim. Surely he can ease into it, but the death of derrick rose would be if he became a jump shooter.
    "We got to win. Win no matter what. Trip, kick somebody, fight, bite. Whatever. Win."
    - Derrick Rose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    I think his shooting woes are purely mental. I think it's easy to underestimate just how much a jumpshot is mental. Though I do agree he needs to re-focus on his midrange game, his current shooting problems (USA team) are both mechanical and mental but mostly mental. He'll be fine. My one and only concern regarding DRose is his health, I am not worried about literally anything else. He's a transcendent star and we should not forget that. If he stays healthy he's headed to the HoF. You can quote me on that.
    His shot is flat. I think there's more problem to it. The shot doesn't have that ideal arc and his shoulders are usually not squared.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    His shot is flat. I think there's more problem to it. The shot doesn't have that ideal arc and his shoulders are usually not squared.
    It's a Bulls disease. Butler has it. Deng had it. Rose has it.

vCash
    Having your shoulders squared is one of the biggest misconceptions in the art of shooting. Most of the greatest shooters in history had a 10 degree turn with their body.

vCash
    Two words

Ron Adams

vCash
    Seriously, I disagree with this mid range thing. If it's just for two points, he can just use his floater. His speed would let him near the rim for a floater.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast