Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the second most underrated Jet?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Coleman

2 12.50%
  • Jerricho Cotchery

4 25.00%
  • Steve Weatherford

2 12.50%
  • Bart Scott

2 12.50%
  • Sione Pouha

4 25.00%
  • Other (state)

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Moore Ruled As Most Underrated Jet by ESPN

Brandon Moore, right guard: The Jets' offensive line has had remarkable star power over the past few seasons. Nick Mangold is an All-Pro center. Left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson went to the Pro Bowl last season. Right tackle Damien Woody has been to the Pro Bowl and owns Super Bowl rings. Alan Faneca, the Jets' left guard in 2008 and 2009, went to nine straight Pro Bowls.

Then there was Moore, an undrafted and often-overlooked workhorse. "Meat," as he's affectionately known by his teammates, has started 105 straight regular-season games. He was a third alternate for the Pro Bowl last year but still hasn't made it to one. In the Jets' locker room, he's respected enough to be a union representative.

"It's a shame that Brandon doesn't get as much of a nod as he deserves," Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said last season. "You'd be hard-pressed to find a better guard than him in all of football."
    ESPN
    Thoughts?

vCash
    I voted other and my choice would be DE Mike Devito. He doesn't get a lot of recognition, but the Jets d-line wouldn't be the same without him.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    i voted for Bart Scott b/c of what he said about the Patriots in the playoffs last year it was epic and yes people dont give him enough credit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    I think Jet fans are fully aware of this. He's as solid as they come. Never gets hurt, never really gets beat. A solid, mauling RG that could be moved to LG IMO. We're keeping him for a long time.

vCash
    Yeah I agree that Moore is the most underrated. I think he was the best offensive lineman all of last year.

vCash
    B Moore is a good pick, BUT the jets have multiPle players that could have won this one.

1. Mike devito
    2. Sione pohua
    3. David Harris (very under the radar)

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    If anything Bart Scott has been overrated due to his large contract and his mouth...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    If anything Bart Scott has been overrated due to his large contract and his mouth...
    If this was 2009, I would agree with you and David Harris would have been on this list instead of him. But last year Bart completely outplayed Harris and was in actual fact, a top ILB in the entire league. He had a fantastic season where Harris kind of dropped off and made more mistakes.

Most people recognize Harris as the more dominant of the two and last year that wasn't the case.

vCash
    Harris didn't have as good of a season last year compared to the year before, but he was still very solid. Point being, everyone knows who Bart Scott is. The casual NFL fan living in the middle of nowhere still has no idea who David Harris is. I think they are both great ILB's but Harris gets little recognition from fans. That to me is more underrated....plus the Bart Scott signing was monumental for the new Jets regime...that's all anyone talked about when we signed him, Pace, Faneca, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Harris didn't have as good of a season last year compared to the year before, but he was still very solid. Point being, everyone knows who Bart Scott is. The casual NFL fan living in the middle of nowhere still has no idea who David Harris is. I think they are both great ILB's but Harris gets little recognition from fans. That to me is more underrated....plus the Bart Scott signing was monumental for the new Jets regime...that's all anyone talked about when we signed him, Pace, Faneca, etc.
    all Harris needs for fans to begin talking about him again is a really good year and by that i mean if he has at least 5 solo sacks and at least 75 tackles

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    all Harris needs for fans to begin talking about him again is a really good year and by that i mean if he has at least 5 solo sacks and at least 75 tackles
    75 tackles is the LOWEST tackle amount Harris has ever had and that was in an 11 game season his sophmore year here.

http://www.nfl.com/players/davidharr...e?id=HAR362681

Frankly, Harris is becoming more recognized than you guys imagine I think. The franchise tag will help that cause a lot as well.

vCash
    Brandon Moore is underrated. DUH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I voted other and my choice would be DE Mike Devito. He doesn't get a lot of recognition, but the Jets d-line wouldn't be the same without him.
    Devito is OVERRATED!!!

The Jets DLine would and will be better with him coming off the bench as a spark plug, as a starter Devito is merely passable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Brandon Moore is underrated. DUH!!!

Devito is OVERRATED!!!

The Jets DLine would and will be better with him coming off the bench as a spark plug, as a starter Devito is merely passable.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Outside of Shaun Ellis, Devito was the most consistent D-lineman we had last season and he has only continued to get better. Devito could start on my 3-4 defense if he wanted.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Outside of Shaun Ellis, Devito was the most consistent D-lineman we had last season and he has only continued to get better. Devito could start on my 3-4 defense if he wanted.
    Sione Pouha played better than Devito as well.

That means out of 3 starting DL, Devito ranks 3rd.

Devito has no pass rush, and only occasionally gets a push against the run, but to his credit he will stand his ground.

Is he passable as a 3-4 DE? Yes, absolutely.
    But the trade off is he's doesn't make much impact on the other side of the ball. That's something that Ellis can do, and something that Wilkerson will be expected to do.

But Devito's not underrated, he's just a decent player, nothing more.

vCash
    For Jet fans: Yes I believe Devito is overrated on our team from our fanbase.
    League Wide: He is underrated. People don't even know who is and he doesn't deserve that. He is one of the best run stuffing 3-4 DEs.

I don't think he is a starter and evident by us drafting 2 defensive lineman, the Jets also agree he is best served in a rotational role.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast