Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Columbus could honestly fit for one reason - Mike Commodore. Mike has a cap hit of 3.750Mil and the CBJ want to trade him (they sent him down in the minors last year). Mike would be an ideal #6 guy on the Blackhawks - minus the cap hit. In just about any trade the Blackhawks do (atleast it would be easier) they would have to take salary back. It would save the Blackhawks about 3.5Mil in cap space as well.

    I hate that they are in the division...but it could make sense.
    I highly doubt they are on campbell's list of 8 teams tho

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    I highly doubt they are on campbell's list of 8 teams tho
    Likely not.

    The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    I highly doubt they are on campbell's list of 8 teams tho
    Yes and No.

    A lot of times a player will pick teams that they don't believe would make a trade for the player, to block the team in a sense.

    Campbell could easily put Phoenix on there knowing that there is no way in hell they will trade for him and his contract with their current position. Maybe he would put the central division teams on there thinking the Blackhawks wouldn't trade him within the division.

    Crazier things have happened, but you are right he probably doesn't have Columbus on a top 8 team he would go to.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500
    I think Jenner is a very realistic possibility for us at this point in the process. Rattie is another option, and is ranked higher on the NHL article than I've seen before.

    The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500
    With so many 2nd round picks the Hawks may be well suited to check out 6'5" goalie Magnus Hellberg. He's been tearing things up and we could use more goalie specs.

    The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    vCash
    1500
    I think we are going to be talking about for whom the Blackhawks traded for this week, more than whom Bowman drafts..........just a random prediction.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    606
    vCash
    1500
    question if someone could clear this up...

    reading draft order, came across this "Chicago has until 48 hours before the start of the 2011 Entry Draft to determine if they send their own second-round pick or one of the picks acquired from Atlanta and Calgary to Ottawa"

    Is there any reason the Hawks wouldnt give up the last pick possible? Would the Hawks in order to build relationships/good will give up one of the earlier 2nd round picks instead of their own?
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

    If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Sparty View Post
    question if someone could clear this up...

    reading draft order, came across this "Chicago has until 48 hours before the start of the 2011 Entry Draft to determine if they send their own second-round pick or one of the picks acquired from Atlanta and Calgary to Ottawa"

    Is there any reason the Hawks wouldnt give up the last pick possible? Would the Hawks in order to build relationships/good will give up one of the earlier 2nd round picks instead of their own?
    It's possible that they show some goodwill, Ott has been active in exploring trades. It may depend on if Campoli resigns, or if they think there is talent/tradeable value in those spots. I'd love to have the best of those picks to hit our needs or get someone we love.

    The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500

    A trade up could be coming...

    With the Hawks owning two 2nd rounders.. I could them packaging them with the #18 to move up. Why not?? The draft is always a crap shoot. Outside of the first five or so picks... nobody knows what the hell will happen. So if a talented center slips.... maybe they do it. Im now seeing some "Experts" showing the Hawks drafting a D man... This team needs to re-do that 4th line. That line needs new energy/nasty players.. Kyle Beach anyone? And does Nick Hammer-Jammer get traded? Do they trade Leddy if they re-sign Campoli? And is there a way to trade Soupy?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    With the Hawks owning two 2nd rounders.. I could them packaging them with the #18 to move up. Why not?? The draft is always a crap shoot. Outside of the first five or so picks... nobody knows what the hell will happen. So if a talented center slips.... maybe they do it. Im now seeing some "Experts" showing the Hawks drafting a D man... This team needs to re-do that 4th line. That line needs new energy/nasty players.. Kyle Beach anyone? And does Nick Hammer-Jammer get traded? Do they trade Leddy if they re-sign Campoli? And is there a way to trade Soupy?
    All good questions.

    Personally here are my thoughts.

    From what I hear, Kyle Beach still isn't ready. There have been indications that he matured a little towards the end of last year, but I still don't have a lot of faith in him.

    I hope Hammer doesn't get traded. Look, his salary isn't the best but it certainly isn't a killer. If we lose Hammer, we lose some sandpaper, a shotblocker, and one of our best PK guys (on a team that was terrible on the PK last year). I think losing Hammer would be a mistake unless it was for a great return.

    Personally, I'm on the "trade leddy if Campoli" resigns train. Leddy could really get us a great return and on this team I don't see him being better than the #5 dman...where I feel he won't really strive and benefit the team. I think we really need some stay at home, PK, grit for our #5 guy.

    I think there is definitely a possibility of trading Campbell. He does have a limited no trade clause, but the salary cap is going up by $4mil and so is the cap floor. Some teams might be looking to reach the cap minimum and his contract could help. Also, some teams with the increase in cap space may be able to afford his contract if we take a "bad" one back as well.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    20,217
    vCash
    1500
    dam we have a bunch of picks

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Less than 24 hours away.

    A lot of trades going on today and a lot of rumors. GMs are definitely together chatting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •