Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...tm?csid=7VXJUS

Klas Dahlbeck. Looks like we went off the board with this one?
    Does anyone know anything about Klas? I'm not a huge draft guru guy, so I haven't even heard of him.

From Sweden, so to me this has Scotty Bowman written all over it (just like Kruger was Scotty's pick).

vCash
    Im really excited about the Mcneil pick. I can see him centering the 2nd line for many years to come. Hes exactly what this team needs and he will learn from possibly the best in the game, Jonathan Toews.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...tm?csid=7Z7JE7

Maxim Shalunov - 4th round pick.

Another big boy

vCash
    I really like the Brandon Saad pick.

vCash
    How did Saad fall to us at 43? He was projected to to be mid to late 1st round so I feel like thats a huge steal for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    How did Saad fall to us at 43? He was projected to to be mid to late 1st round so I feel like thats a huge steal for us
    Only thing I can think of is teams not liking his inconsistency. But at 18 he has plenty of time to polish up. He was a huge steal and I can picture him on the top line with Toews and Kane as soon as 2012 or 2013

vCash
    Jurco would have been nice, same with Jenner, but can't complain too much.

What a weird draft weekend. We got rid of Campbell and Brouw, but we don't have any real returns for them. Olesz is a potential buyout candidate, and if we buy him out we'd apparently be at about a $600k cap hit. His contract is awful for what he's done so far, we'll see what his value is.

USA Today on Saad:
    Steal possibility: Brandon Saad, who went to the Chicago Blackhawks with the 43rd pick, could end up being a high value pick. Before the season, he was considered a high first rounder. He has a chance to become a second-line power forward. Blackhawks traded Troy Brouwer Friday night to Washington. Saad could, at the very least, be a Brouwer-kind of playe
    McNeil was a great pick he's got the tools to be our 2nd line center, and still be defensively strong. I didn't hear much on Danault, honestly, but you like what he brings in leadership and work ethic. Clendening brings what we already have, powerplay QB, and I still would rather have Jenner at that point with what we already have in offensive D. Saad was an awesome steal.

Interesting that Magnus Hellberg was the first goalie taken at 38th, I suggested us looking at him earlier in the thread, but had no idea he'd be the first goalie taken, or even go in the 2nd round. Look who took him, too: Nashville. He's the next Anders Lindback, just an inch shorter.

July 1st just got more interesting for us.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ADES/128/36745

An article from JJ at HB. Pretty exciting stuff if true. Can't wait for Friday.

Also, JJ used to work at hockeysfuture.com and he had someone over there give draft grades, etc. Blackhawks were given an A+. I also saw ESPN give Blackhawks an A+. Everyone is loving what the Blackhawks did in the draft!

vCash

Also, JJ used to work at hockeysfuture.com and he had someone over there give draft grades, etc. Blackhawks were given an A+. I also saw ESPN give Blackhawks an A+. Everyone is loving what the Blackhawks did in the draft!
    Rave reviews on the draft so far. McNeill was a huge hit, and it sounds like Danault may be a regular 2nd/3rd liner. Add in Saad, and the risky but talented Russian Shalunov later on and wow.

I'm excited about these potential offer sheets, and that the team is keeping things under wraps. That quiet confidence tells me something good is coming. The Oshie suggestion would be OH MY GOD amazing, and it makes me think Kennedy or similar is really in play.

Getting excited. Stan and company have a plan, and I suspect we'll get our FAs on the cheap early while impact mid-rangers are still there and teams are clamoring for Richards/etc.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash

dead link for me
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash

See if this works (it works for me)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345