Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Draft Center - 2011

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47084

Rd 1 - Pick 18: Blackhawks
    Rd 2 - Pick 36: Blackhawks (from Atlanta in the Ladd deal)
    Rd 2 - Pick 43: Blackhawks (from Calgary via Toronto for a 2010 2nd rounder)
    Rd 2 - Pick : Ottawa (from Chicago for Campoli)
    Rd 3 - Pick 70: Blackhawks
    Rd 3 - Pick 79: Blackhawks (from Toronto for a 2010 2nd rounder)
    Rd 4 - Pick 109: Blackhawks
    Rd 5 - Pick 139: Blackhawks
    Rd 6 - Pick 169: Blackhawks
    Rd 7 - Pick 199: Blackhawks
    Rd ? - Pick ???: Blackhawks (from Boston for 2010 7th round pick)

The draft takes place June 24-25 in St. Paul, Minnesota

What are some needs? Who do you want the Blackhawks to grab in the first round? What trades do you want to see?
    Last edited by Boom!; 06-09-2011 at 10:53 AM.

vCash

vCash
    What would it take to move up to take Sean Couturier ? I heard that we are trying to move Niklas Hjalmarsson , maybe we can package him with #18 and another pick to move up.

vCash
    ^^^

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9102

Ranked as the #5 guy in the draft, he could easily go #4. The top 3 seems to be pretty set for the most part (not in any certain order but I would be surprised for any of the top 3 to drop out of the top 3).

I don't know if trading for Couturier really benefits this team that is built to win now. He definitely has size and is a center, but is he ready to make the jump to the NHL next year?

Interesting idea though

vCash
    I'm not very knowledgeable on the draft, at the 18th pick are we going to be able to get a guy that can contribute next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm not very knowledgeable on the draft, at the 18th pick are we going to be able to get a guy that can contribute next season?
    Most likely not.

There is a chance they could, but there is no reason the Blackhawks need to rush anyone next year. There have been a couple of second rounders who have made the jump for the next season though, so anything is possible.

vCash
    Honestly, it all depends on who gets picked before we hit the board. I don't expect us to get someone who's going to help us this year. Like BOOM said we've got a few guys in the pipeline that will definitely be on the roster, or possible mid to last season call ups (Lalonde, Pirri, perhaps Beach?!) If we can land a Center I'd be happy. I doubt the 'Hawks will trade up to grab Sean Couturier (who has nice size @ 6'4, and dominated the QMJHL with 96 pts.)

I see the Hawks maybe grabbing Boone Jenner, Zach Phillips or Tomas Jurco (good player, good speed, sick hands and youtube sensation.)
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    I'd expect us to take a center to start, if not a couple early. The top handful centers are probably top 10 material, but one or two of them could make it to us. There are some sweet handed playmakers, and a few bigger bodied guys that skate well. I wouldn't be surprised to see us look for a little grit at some point, as well.

Couturier would be awesome, but he's a fringe top 5 pick at this point.

There's thought that CBJ wants to move their #8 pick for a proven vet, and with the trouble they've had finding puck moving D, I'd see what they thought about Campbell. Moving Campbell, even giving a little more, would be a few moves in one to save cap and get a nice early pick for a top center.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    ^^^ Columbus could honestly fit for one reason - Mike Commodore. Mike has a cap hit of 3.750Mil and the CBJ want to trade him (they sent him down in the minors last year). Mike would be an ideal #6 guy on the Blackhawks - minus the cap hit. In just about any trade the Blackhawks do (atleast it would be easier) they would have to take salary back. It would save the Blackhawks about 3.5Mil in cap space as well.

I hate that they are in the division...but it could make sense.

vCash
    With the 18th pick and the goaltending a little light in the system, what does everyone think about grabbing one of the Gibson's? First round seems a little early to me and with 2 picks in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd, I'm guessing you could find a gem and let them develop just in case Salak doesn't work out as a back-up.

As I thought about this, it really doesn't make sense to waste a first round pick on a goaltender when you've just locked up Crawford for 3 years and claimed him to be the franchise goalie.

I'd like to see them take Boone Jenner if he's still available. He has pretty good size at 6'1" 193 with room to add some weight. 66 pts in 63 games this year and projects as a solid 2-way forward that will muck it up behind the net. Has decent speed and coupled with his size could handle bigger power forwards in the corners in the defensive end. Has good hands and should add a some scoring touch to a 2nd or 3rd line.
    Last edited by ckleiner21; 06-10-2011 at 09:12 AM.

vCash
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

Seabrook reflects on the 2003 Entry Draft

vCash
    Jenner is a center I'd love to have.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash

#18 could be trade ammo....

Depending on how the picks fall... if nobody is there worth a #18 to the Hawks... maybe offer that pick in a trade for a needed player. The Hawks actually have alot of centers in the system. Plus Froese (sp?) is quite the talent coming up from the WHL. Typical NHL prospects need about 2 years in the system before coming up..With all the picks we have.. and with the stud core of a team sitting there.. package some picks and a player and make a splash... Plus seeing the story of Madden wanting to come back... that would shore up several areas. If Madden does come back.. I think you still keep Ryan Johnson.. He can play wing or center and is a solid draw man and good PK guy.. There you have a great PK unit to give Toews, Sharp and Hoss some rest. Really looking forward to the draft...

vCash
    Can't wait for the draft either Boom, but to be honest, the thought of the site of Luongo drinking from the Cup this year makes me sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Can't wait for the draft either Boom, but to be honest, the thought of the site of Luongo drinking from the Cup this year makes me sick.
    Believe me, you are not alone in that sentiment. The most sickening thing I heard was he was considered the Nucks' Conn Smythe favorite before Game 3 happened. I said it after they knocked out the Hawks, that Luongo is going to have a lucky run against teams that haven't figured him out. I had hoped Boston did just that, by putting up 8 and 4 in back to back games, the ladder of which resulted in an early hook. I think the difference was Vigneault sticking with Luongo after 2 bad ones, opposed to going to Schneider like he did against the Hawks. Luongo is a mental midget, so when AV showed some faith he pulls a gem out like last night.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast