Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 561
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    He is legitimately one of the best players of alltime.
    this

    Thanks 2 knicksr4real for holdn nycsports down with the hottest sig on psd!!!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,221
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Ok I know the hard core Peyton fans are already ruffled by the title of this thread but I just want to hear honest opinions on the subject....

    Yes Peyton is a great game manager and has been good in the regular season...But hasn't always been great in games when the heat is on like the post season or Super Bowls as compared to other great QB's like the Montana's, Brady's, Elway's, Aikmans etc....

    Manning was voted in the top ten of greatest players all time...The question I'm asking is will all the passing records and accolades be overshadowed by the unimpressive success in the post season at the end of the day...

    I'm not bringing this situation to light on my own but rather reading up on some people who actually bring up the same thing...

    So is Peyton Manning overrated or is he worthy of all the accolade he has received thus far?
    You're clearly overrating yourself as a thread starter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    ...................................

    Did you really just try and use that argument?

    Sorry, you have been pretty knowledgeable and respectful and friendly but that argument is so ****ing ******** and you know that I wasn't using strictly rings. It's a factor that plays into the whole grand scheme of things with, stats, wins, the eye test, etc.

    No one factor is a good measure of the success of a career. Rings or wins or stats, etc. I wasn't trying to say I just judge a player strictly by that. Pretty sure that was relatively obvious.
    Bro I knocked out last night. I brought that up to play devils advocate here. Its just more proof that we just have to agree to disagree. Point and case. IMO to call Peyton Manning overrated is the craziest thing I've ever heard. I think Peyton is one of the best QB's ever. Yet you may think I'm crazy.


  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    453
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton Manning puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter"

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Boston
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    People have that perception because Peyton calls his own plays and runs his own offense. Every piece in that offense he plays like pawns. Like you aforementioned this is what Peyton brings to the game that NOBODY has ever brought. Brady is a phenomenal QB as well, he certainly makes players better around him as well. The knee injury he suffered reminded us all how great Belichick and his staff was when a raw Matt Cassel worked wonders with that offense. Please do not be ignorant to the fact that Peyton has NEVER had a good defensive team, certainly nowhere near the defensive support Brady and even Roethlisberger has had throughout there successful Superbowl runs thus far in there career.
    people tend to overlook the one super bowl that peyton won was won by their defense. peyton threw more interceptions that postseason than touchdowns. peyton is not over-rated, but i just hate when people imply that brady won his super bowls because of his defense when peyton won his only super bowl in '06 because of his defense stepping up.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Boston
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    I overwhelming disagree. I appreciate that your aware that Brady has had the better coaching and D over his career that Peyton has had. I appreciate that you've narrowed you argument down to skill sets opposed to accolades and rings etc. Yet I just do not believe Brady is a better QB than Peyton skill set wise. I've watched just about every pass that Peyton has thrown in his career. His accuracy is flawless, no better. That's my opinion. I'm not a Brady hater by no means. A lot of Patriot fans on this forum will tell you that.

    Someone earlier mentioned Peyton having 10 more INT's than Cassel this year. Just for the record. The Colts were tops in the league in drop passes and approximately half of those INT's were a result of errors by his WR's. Balls ricocheting of hands, shoulder pads etc.. I also stress law of large numbers as well (Peyton had to throw the ball 50% more than Cassel). I also cannot stress enough how awful the Colts O-line has been the past 5 years. Not to mention the league's worse run game.

    Peyton's worse flaw is being a perfectionist. Peyton is viewed as immortal, almost robotic. So "perfectly viewed" that people forget football is a team sport. That stands true in the regular season and post season.
    the colts might have led the league in dropped passes, but the leading receiver in dropped passes in ;10 was wes welker. just look at the colts/pats game last year. the interceptions that manning threw were his fault. manning has ripped garcon numerous times for not breaking off a wheel/ go route when he was man to man coverage with help over the top and when he does manning throws a pick to mccourty and then rips garcon on the sidelines. then overthrows collie and meriweather almost takes it the distance. and if you are talking about accuracy look at brady last year. 9-1 touchdown to interception ratio and only 4 picks.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Boston
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    1500
    peyton manning will go down as one of the top 3 quarterbacks of all time. he is not over-rated, just not better than brady when it counts.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,132
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Ok I know the hard core Peyton fans are already ruffled by the title of this thread but I just want to hear honest opinions on the subject....

    Yes Peyton is a great game manager and has been good in the regular season...But hasn't always been great in games when the heat is on like the post season or Super Bowls as compared to other great QB's like the Montana's, Brady's, Elway's, Aikmans etc....

    Manning was voted in the top ten of greatest players all time...The question I'm asking is will all the passing records and accolades be overshadowed by the unimpressive success in the post season at the end of the day...

    I'm not bringing this situation to light on my own but rather reading up on some people who actually bring up the same thing...

    So is Peyton Manning overrated or is he worthy of all the accolade he has received thus far?
    I don't think he's overrated becuase he's the most valuable person to his team in the league. The Pats can win without Brady, the Giants can win without Eli, the Chargers can even win with Volek (although he ironically beat Peyton), the Saints can at least be competitive without Brees. Manning completely runs that offense. He's not even given a play call if it was explained to me correctly. He's given three plays which he chooses from, then changes how he sees fit at the line. No other QB in the league means to his offense what Manning means to the Colts. With Manning they're perennial contenders. Without, they lose at least 10 games.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    5,590
    vCash
    1500
    Ask if Peyton Manning is overrated

    Patriots fans say Yes
    Everyone else says No

    Ask if Brady is overrated

    Colts fans say Yes
    Everyone else says No

    /all these damn Peyton vs Brady threads.
    "You don't choose to be a Liverpool fan. You get chosen."
    Kenny Dalglish

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    5,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Being overrated doesn't mean you are a bad player or anything. Just that people exaggerate your abilities.

    Personally, I think Peyton Manning tends to get overrated when people pretend like he is single handedly making every single player around him a pro bowler. There are many examples of this, too. If a receiver on the team does well, it's not because of their individual talent but because of Peyton Manning. If a receiver on New England does well, it's either because of the players talent or the system, not Tom Brady. Basically, people tend to act like he is surrounded by scrubs when truth be told, he probably has had a better offensive surrounding cast for a longer period of time than Tom Brady has had.
    +1

    And I also believe he isn't even close to the greatest in the playoffs. That's where QB's make their name for themselves. I'm not talking about super bowls but the QB is suppose to be the most trusted man on the field. with manning it seems he is a little sketchy when it comes to the postseason. But numbers wise he will go down as top 3 qb's ever. But I'm not so sure he would have had all these great numbers if he had the talent level of brady has had, until recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    5,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    why manning has better regular season stats? because he always had a great offense..marvin, wayne, james, clark... when brady had moss he broke manning regular season record...

    And if you say he is responsible for the colts regular season success, then it should be his fault too when they lose in the playoffs...mannings supporters say when the colts lose over and over in the playofss that football is a team sport, so it should be a team sport in the regular season too
    this. IF manning had the receivers brady has had throughout most of TB's career, he wouldn't have 4 mvps and all those 4k passing yard seasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,850
    vCash
    1500
    Philip Rivers is overrated lol




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pats2009 View Post
    people tend to overlook the one super bowl that peyton won was won by their defense. peyton threw more interceptions that postseason than touchdowns. peyton is not over-rated, but i just hate when people imply that brady won his super bowls because of his defense when peyton won his only super bowl in '06 because of his defense stepping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    [/B]
    I actually agree with you. Rhodes / Addai were the CO-MVP's of the Superbowl win in my mind. The Playoff MVP In my mind was Bob Sanders.

    See a coincidence here. Colts run game actually thrives + D shows up in the 06 playoff run = Superbowl Victory.

    Yet this doesn't take anything away from Manning. That Superbowl, conditions were terrible. One of the worst weather conditions in Superbowl history and Peyton knew the run game was winning the game.
    I've attached my quote earlier in this thread. I was the one to originally bring up this point, bet your surprised about that. I actually agree with this assessment. My point is the Colts finally put together a D and run game and won a damn super bowl. To me this means he finally got something Brady has consistently had and it equaled the same end result.

    If you won't accept my argument (which in my opinion absolutely holds water). Then explain to me how a QB like Mark Sanchez can advance to the AFC championship game consecutively.
    Last edited by DieHardColtsfan; 06-07-2011 at 09:40 AM.


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pats2009 View Post
    the colts might have led the league in dropped passes, but the leading receiver in dropped passes in ;10 was wes welker. just look at the colts/pats game last year. the interceptions that manning threw were his fault. manning has ripped garcon numerous times for not breaking off a wheel/ go route when he was man to man coverage with help over the top and when he does manning throws a pick to mccourty and then rips garcon on the sidelines. then overthrows collie and meriweather almost takes it the distance. and if you are talking about accuracy look at brady last year. 9-1 touchdown to interception ratio and only 4 picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Garçon is the most overrated WR in the game. His drops are off the charts. He is the most frustrating player to watch on this team. Till this day I blame our Superbowl loss to the Saints on 3 things (1 of which a Garçon critical drop). He became a starter because Anthony Gonzalez's career went to **** (Unfortunately) and he was the best compliment aside Wayne (Possession) (Garçon /Speed). He had a good college career, but he played at Mount Union Div III.
    I've attached yet another quote on my assessment of Pierre Garçon. I'm a fan at home, and Pierre frustrates me beyond belief I can only imagine how much he frustrates Peyton. Brady without a doubt had a much better year than Peyton did last year. I will not argue that at all. Yet stats and ratio's shouldn't be the premise all the time. Peyton's O-line was brutal. I cannot stress enough, when you do not have a run game combined with an awful O-line, you are going to throw picks. I’m surprised Peyton didn't throw 30 last year.


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    no, he's one of the best ever
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •