Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I wasn't talking about careers then either. I was talking about the quality of the current player. It's not a contradiction at all.

If we are going to compare Manning versus Brady at this current moment past SB wins and accomplishments are irrelevant.

If we are going to compare careers then they become something that can be used to gauge them.
    Just like advantages surrounding Brady such as HOF Coaching and Dynasty D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Just like advantages surrounding Brady such as HOF Coaching and Dynasty D.
    Fair enough but don't get it twisted that I was contradicting myself when those were two different debates and I only used the rings for the career side of it.

vCash
    Fair enough but don't get it twisted that I was contradicting myself when those were two different debates and I only used the rings for the career side of it.
    Although that is a poor measurement of success of a career.

I'll try not to get this "twisted", Using your line of thinking Dan Marino's career is worse than Trent Dilfers correct?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Although that is a poor measurement of success of a career.

I'll try not to get this "twisted", Using your line of thinking Dan Marino's career is worse than Trent Dilfers correct?

Did you really just try and use that argument?

Sorry, you have been pretty knowledgeable and respectful and friendly but that argument is so ****ing ******** and you know that I wasn't using strictly rings. It's a factor that plays into the whole grand scheme of things with, stats, wins, the eye test, etc.

No one factor is a good measure of the success of a career. Rings or wins or stats, etc. I wasn't trying to say I just judge a player strictly by that. Pretty sure that was relatively obvious.

vCash
    I think hes pretty overated. With that said I think many people rate him as the best QB in the NFL and many people rank him as the best QB ever to play to game. Don't get me wrong Mannings great, his a first ballet HOF.

Everyone talks about how its a team game and I agree. But one thing you need to look at is team philosophy. You look at the picks the Colts have used in the first round, Wayne, Gonzalez, Clark, James, Addai, and Brown. You throw in his also had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison there before he came.

What I'm getting at the Colts were built to win on offense. Where during those years the patriots draft guys like Wilford, Seymore and Warren. People act like it was just luck that NE had a better defense and the Colts defense sucked. The Colts where giving Manning weapons left and right.

My biggest issue if a teams built that way Manning need to do what he did during the regular season to win and he didn't. I also think the defensive argument for Manning is highly overated because his defense didn't actually play that bad.

If you look at Mannings 10 playoff losses, only once did the offense actually score more then 20 points. In the 10 losses Manning has 9TDs and 10 INTs. I don't understand how that falls on the defense? Those numbers are bad for any QB and with those numbers most teams would loose. If Manning was like regular season Manning in the playoffs and his team was loosing shootouts you can't put the blame on him. But hes been flat out bad when the Colts lost in the playoffs.

vCash
    Is the sky blue?

**** yes he is overrated.

He's the most overrated athlete in my lifetime, maybe second to Mike Tyson.

The fact that some people still think he's better than Brady is proof positive of this.

All the garbage he does at the LOS, the million commercials, the constant media **** sucking, the overlooking of how many great receivers he's had around him throughout most of his career, his last name, etc etc all lead to him being incredibly overrated while underrating guys like Brady, Rivers, etc.
    Bradys the overrated one.

Let's see here, for Brady, 2 great years, 3 very good years and the rest are good years.

For manning, 7 great season, 3 very good years, 2 good years and a below average year.

I like how brady always makes his receivers, but mannings receivers are always talented. Wes welker just didn't get the receptions in Miami, yet he averaged around the same amount of yards per reception as he has in new England. I credit that to belicheck for utilizing him.

I'm guessing your not a fan of Montana? He only had the greatest receiver of all time.

vCash
    The people who put Brady over manning are the same who over value playoff wins. The same who put elway over Marino.

vCash
    A. I think you mean argue that he is overrated
    B. I actually like Peyton. I met him when he was a rookie, he signed an autograph for me and talked to me for a bit. Maybe the nicest athlete I've ever met and I've met a ton.
    C. I know plenty about his work and his team's past.
    D. It doesn't stop me from acknowledging him incredibly overrated he is.

When you hear NFL QB's current or past talk about the best QBs in the game a Peyton is way lower than you would expect.

A certain Super Bowl winning QB made his top 5 list once on a radio show and didn't even have Peyton on it. I'll trust that dude over some dudes who played JV HS football on the internet.
    ur right i meant to put is*

and i'll trust all the other players who have played and played against peytons words over that one guy with sour grapes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    I think hes pretty overated. With that said I think many people rate him as the best QB in the NFL and many people rank him as the best QB ever to play to game. Don't get me wrong Mannings great, his a first ballet HOF.

Everyone talks about how its a team game and I agree. But one thing you need to look at is team philosophy. You look at the picks the Colts have used in the first round, Wayne, Gonzalez, Clark, James, Addai, and Brown. You throw in his also had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison there before he came.

What I'm getting at the Colts were built to win on offense. Where during those years the patriots draft guys like Wilford, Seymore and Warren. People act like it was just luck that NE had a better defense and the Colts defense sucked. The Colts where giving Manning weapons left and right.

My biggest issue if a teams built that way Manning need to do what he did during the regular season to win and he didn't. I also think the defensive argument for Manning is highly overated because his defense didn't actually play that bad.

If you look at Mannings 10 playoff losses, only once did the offense actually score more then 20 points. In the 10 losses Manning has 9TDs and 10 INTs. I don't understand how that falls on the defense? Those numbers are bad for any QB and with those numbers most teams would loose. If Manning was like regular season Manning in the playoffs and his team was loosing shootouts you can't put the blame on him. But hes been flat out bad when the Colts lost in the playoffs.
    How many them games were they playing from behind? I didn't have time to look through them all but out of the three I looked at 2 of them they were playing from behind. That rest on the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YourTeamSucks View Post
    ur right i meant to put is*

and i'll trust all the other players who have played and played against peytons words over that one guy with sour grapes
    Lol, who says he has sour grapes?

vCash
    Lol, who says he has sour grapes?
    because this player is jealous for some reason probably because most ppl think when peyton is done he will be considered the greatest all-time some ppl already think this thats y this player would have sour grapes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YourTeamSucks View Post
    because this player is jealous for some reason probably because most ppl think when peyton is done he will be considered the greatest all-time some ppl already think this thats y this player would have sour grapes
    If I'm Aaron Rodgers (the guy who didn't list him in his top 5) I have no sour grapes.

I've never lost to Manning. I have a better career QB rating. I just won the Super Bowl and got SB MVP and I'm 27.

Yeah. I bet he's really sour towards Manning.

That was quite an assumption you made with zero basis or information on who even the person was.

vCash
    Manning has had a top tier offensive weapons his whole career, along with a strong o-line; yes he has some big time numbers, but with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Anthony Gonzalez, Joeseph Addi, Edrin James and so on... along with Jeff Saturday and a couple other good linemen, and he's only won it all once... so yes you could say he's over rated, but thats just my opnion, he's a HELL of a lot better then what Ryan Leaf ever was/will be thats for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'm a Pats fan and I'd take Manning over Brady career wise.

If you aked me to do a ranking for next season, I'd probably have Brady above Manning just because I can't ignore the statistical edge he has since 2005 (his #s since that season are God-like). But in a career sense and legacy wise, I think Manning is definatly above Brady at this point.
    Career and Legacy wise Manning is ahead of Brady?... Care to elaborate a bit on that? As I think in terms of Career Accomplishments and Individual Stat Awards and the record's Brady has at this point, I would have to respectfully disagree.

vCash
    Jesus Walked on water

Peyton Manning swims through land!

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast