Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mttwlsn16 View Post
    this guys post should be enough to get this thread closed. brady is 100x better than cassell, and cassell shined started for NE when brady was out
    Using Cassell Is complicated after the year he just had. He is a far cry from the terrible player people seem to be making him out to be.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    Using Cassell Is complicated after the year he just had. He is a far cry from the terrible player people seem to be making him out to be.
    Cassell threw 10 less INT's than Manning last season. His QB rating was higher than Peyton's too.

Maybe Cassell isn't such a joke eh? Not to mention he took over the best offensive team ever and had success. Go ****ing figure.

Not to mention how the hell do you know how good the Colts would be without Peyton? Maybe if Sorgi had to start a season they would still win 11 games.

(I'm agreeing with u btw directed at the other dude)
    Last edited by Norm; 06-07-2011 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    why manning has better regular season stats? because he always had a great offense..marvin, wayne, james, clark... when brady had moss he broke manning regular season record...

And if you say he is responsible for the colts regular season success, then it should be his fault too when they lose in the playoffs...mannings supporters say when the colts lose over and over in the playofss that football is a team sport, so it should be a team sport in the regular season too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Cassell threw 10 less INT's than Manning last season. His QB rating was higher than Peyton's too.

Maybe Cassell isn't such a joke eh? Not to mention he took over the best offensive team ever and had success. Go ****ing figure.

Not to mention how the hell do you know how good the Colts would be without Peyton? Maybe if Sorgi had to start a season they would still win 11 games.

(I'm agreeing with u btw directed at the other dude)
    Lol I remember saying the same thing 2 seasons ago and people swore up and down they would be a 3 win team. Its ok for them to suggest that the colts would be a 3 win team but not for others to suggest they still might be an 8-10 win team without Manning.

vCash
    And all 3 of them were INCREDIBLY productive college receivers who know how to get open and catch the ball but aren't the flashiest when it comes to timed speed etc and they are perfect fits for what Indy does on offense.

It's not like Brady hasn't made names out of nobodies like Welker.

Matt Cassel had a better QB rating than Peyton Manning this past season.

It's great analysis and breakdown like this that makes PSD one of the most respected sports forums.
    Garçon is the most overrated WR in the game. His drops are off the charts. He is the most frustrating player to watch on this team. Till this day I blame our Superbowl loss to the Saints on 3 things (1 of which a Garçon critical drop). He became a starter because Anthony Gonzalez's career went to **** (Unfortunately) and he was the best compliment aside Wayne (Possession) (Garçon /Speed). He had a good college career, but he played at Mount Union Div III.

I never said Brady didn't make players around him better. I actually said he did. Not sure where your getting that from.

Like I said "raw" Cassel stepped in without any game time QB experience since High school. Cassel developed since under great coaching schemes. Behind excellent O-lines and great run games. Have it ever came across to you that he had a better QB rating because he had Jamaal Charles averaging over 6 yards a carry, with a great O-line, throwing the ball a handful of times. Opposed to Manning having arguably the worst run game and O-line, having to throw 50 times a game?

Come on man..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    why manning has better regular season stats? because he always had a great offense..marvin, wayne, james, clark... when brady had moss he broke manning regular season record...

And if you say he is responsible for the colts regular season success, then it should be his fault too when they lose in the playoffs...mannings supporters say when the colts lose over and over in the playofss that football is a team sport, so it should be a team sport in the regular season too
    Its not just Manning. The league has changed because of the rule that he helped implement that helped bolster his stats considerably. Putting up 4000 yards is a regular thing these past 10 years. This is also why its hard for me to judge him against other qbs who played in the 90s and before.

Marino/Favre{from the 90s} Young and so on would have stock piled unbelievable years if they had the benefits that the qbs now days have.

vCash
    anybody trying to argue that he isn't is A. either hates Manning or B. doesn't know much about his work or teams past

vCash
    Lol I remember saying the same thing 2 seasons ago and people swore up and down they would be a 3 win team. Its ok for them to suggest that the colts would be a 3 win team but not for others to suggest they still might be an 8-10 win team without Manning.
    Bingo.

How many people would have guessed that a backup QB with zero college starts would lead that team to 11 wins?

****ing zero.

But then all those perfect hindsighted morons that would have told you after he won 11 that now it's just the system and Tom Brady is overrated yada yada.

Failing to realize that Peyton Manning and his "system" haven't been tested with a replacement quarterback for a season. Also failing to realize what level of player Cassell actually is. Also failing to realize how great that offense was for Cassell that year. Also failing to realize that it isn't a crime for Bellicheat to put his QB in a position to be successful.

Just like when Matty Flynn played against the Pats this year. They toned down the playbook, shorter throws, screens, etc. And that gave them a chance to win. I didn't hear anyone screaming that Rodgers was overrated after that game or saying that if Flynn can almost beat a 14 win team then it's just the Mike McCarthy genius offensive system.

It's a joke.

The media tells you, love and worship Peyton. Hate Brady.

And most people are sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Garçon is the most overrated WR in the game. His drops are off the charts. He is the most frustrating player to watch on this team. Till this day I blame our Superbowl loss to the Saints on 3 things (1 of which a Garçon critical drop). He became a starter because Anthony Gonzalez's career went to **** (Unfortunately) and he was the best compliment aside Wayne (Possession) (Garçon /Speed). He had a good college career, but he played at Mount Union Div III.

I never said Brady didn't make players around him better. I actually said he did. Not sure where your getting that from.

Like I said "raw" Cassel stepped in without any game time QB experience since High school. Cassel developed since under great coaching schemes. Behind excellent O-lines and great run games. Have it ever came across to you that he had a better QB rating because he had Jamaal Charles averaging over 6 yards a carry, with a great O-line, throwing the ball a handful of times. Opposed to Manning having arguably the worst run game and O-line, having to throw 50 times a game?

Come on man..
    I would imagine if Peyton Manning, who I was just told is better than Tom Brady, who is 100x better than Matt Cassell, should still put up better numbers than both of them even being a bad run game and OL.

If Manning is such a God he should be able to handle that pressure. I've watched guys like Rodgers put it in the air a million times a game behind a porous OL and zero run game. How'd that work out for him this season?

Its not just Manning. The league has changed because of the rule that he helped implement that helped bolster his stats considerably. Putting up 4000 yards is a regular thing these past 10 years. This is also why its hard for me to judge him against other qbs who played in the 90s and before.

Marino/Favre{from the 90s} Young and so on would have stock piled unbelievable years if they had the benefits that the qbs now days have.
    I don't put as much stock into all this but there is some truth.

Truth be told I don't use stats anyways to compare QB's. It's not a good indicator at all.

Manning is a great one but I would take Brady over him any day of the week.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-07-2011 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    lol, No

He is the best player in the NFL... He is just great

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Bingo.

How many people would have guessed that a backup QB with zero college starts would lead that team to 11 wins?

****ing zero.

But then all those perfect hindsighted morons that would have told you after he won 11 that now it's just the system and Tom Brady is overrated yada yada.

Failing to realize that Peyton Manning and his "system" haven't been tested with a replacement quarterback for a season. Also failing to realize what level of player Cassell actually is. Also failing to realize how great that offense was for Cassell that year. Also failing to realize that it isn't a crime for Bellicheat to put his QB in a position to be successful.

Just like when Matty Flynn played against the Pats this year. They toned down the playbook, shorter throws, screens, etc. And that gave them a chance to win. I didn't hear anyone screaming that Rodgers was overrated after that game or saying that if Flynn can almost beat a 14 win team then it's just the Mike McCarthy genius offensive system.

It's a joke.

The media tells you, love and worship Peyton. Hate Brady.

And most people are sheeple.

I would imagine if Peyton Manning, who I was just told is better than Tom Brady, who is 100x better than Matt Cassell, should still put up better numbers than both of them even being a bad run game and OL.

If Manning is such a God he should be able to handle that pressure. I've watched guys like Rodgers put it in the air a million times a game behind a porous OL and zero run game. How'd that work out for him this season?
    Aaron Rodgers happens to be my fav QB behind Manning. Manning was never blessed with the out of the pocket presence. So making up for a null run game comes a bit harder to him in that aspect.

You will take Brady over Manning any day of the week.

I will take Belichick and the Pats D over the past decade over Dungy/Caldwell and the Colts D any day of the week.
    Last edited by DieHardColtsfan; 06-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Regular Season: Not one bit
    Post Season: Gets way too much credit for the SB run
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YourTeamSucks View Post
    anybody trying to argue that he isn't is A. either hates Manning or B. doesn't know much about his work or teams past
    A. I think you mean argue that he is overrated
    B. I actually like Peyton. I met him when he was a rookie, he signed an autograph for me and talked to me for a bit. Maybe the nicest athlete I've ever met and I've met a ton.
    C. I know plenty about his work and his team's past.
    D. It doesn't stop me from acknowledging him incredibly overrated he is.

When you hear NFL QB's current or past talk about the best QBs in the game a Peyton is way lower than you would expect.

A certain Super Bowl winning QB made his top 5 list once on a radio show and didn't even have Peyton on it. I'll trust that dude over some dudes who played JV HS football on the internet.

vCash
    He will retire as the most prolific and in my mind the best QB ever. That's it.

If he had a decent defense and/or running game he would have multiple championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    lol, No

He is the best player in the NFL... He is just great
    No, no he isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Aaron Rodgers happens to be my fav QB behind Manning. Manning was never blessed with the out of the pocket presence. So making up for a null run game comes a bit harder to him in that aspect.

You will take Brady over Manning any day of the week.

I will take Bellicheck and the Pats D over the past decade over Dungy/Caldwell and the Colts D any day of the week.
    I don't care about SB wins or regular season totals. I don't care about stats.

I care about watching the players and making observations that tell me who is better. Manning has his dog and pony show at the LOS and that's cute and all but Brady is as just as much in command of his offense as is Peyton. Don't let them fool you. He isn't just a BB puppet. Not to mention he seems to be a better mentor to his young players, sorry Peyton, but he always seems so dickish when someone makes a mistake and I watched this year for example Tom really take those young TE's under his wing and make them better. Not to mention don't act like Peyton would be the same if he didn't have Tom Moore. Dude's a freaking genius.

He makes all the throws. His ability to throw with the right touch and right trajectory is uncanny. He also doesn't take phantom sacks like Peyton now does, which is whack.

I just think he can do all the same things, has had lesser weapons over the course of his career, always wins....say it's his defense or coaching or what have you, shown to be clutch many times etc etc.

But there are far too many people who automatically think Peyton is better for all the wrong reasons. (Like Visa commercials)
    Last edited by Norm; 06-07-2011 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Regular Season: Not one bit
    Post Season: Gets way too much credit for the SB run

I actually agree with you. Rhodes / Addai were the CO-MVP's of the Superbowl win in my mind. The Playoff MVP In my mind was Bob Sanders.

See a coincidence here. Colts run game actually thrives + D shows up in the 06 playoff run = Superbowl Victory.

Yet this doesn't take anything away from Manning. That Superbowl, conditions were terrible. One of the worst weather conditions in Superbowl history and Peyton knew the run game was winning the game.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast