Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Defenses are traditionally measured by yardage, not PPG.
    Points per game allowed is a more meaningful measure since the team that scores more points always wins while the team that gains more years doesn't always win.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    As for my personal take on Peyton Manning, he is on the downside of his career, and even though he still produces a lot of volume statistics, his efficiency has dropped markedly in the last two seasons. If you take a look at the QBs widely regarded to be the top six in the NFL -- Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger -- Manning has had the worst passer rating, third-down passer rating and YPA of them all over the last two seasons, and the second-worst TD percentage and INT percentage. He's beginning to lose his stuff, and I honestly think that 2011 will be their last realistic chance for the Colts to win another Super Bowl. I also think that if Manning keeps throwing the ball at the rate he has been -- he had nearly 700 pass attempts last season, which is just too damn many for any QB -- then his skills will deteriorate even faster.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Defenses are traditionally measured by yardage, not PPG.
    So that means the facts I provided aren't . . . true? . . . what?

You just reminded me that win/loss isn't determined by which defense allows less points, but which defense allows less yards. Thanks bro!

vCash
    i know i cant bump my old threads, but just wanted to know. If ya still feel this after today game. If i did wrong for bumping my old thread then my fault and lock it up. Just wanted to know for the people that said no feel the same way

vCash
    Peyton Manning: 11 playoff appearances, seven one-and-done playoff appearances.

vCash
    Closing the thread because it's an "I told ya so" bump.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738