Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, I have not been following Kiel's recruiting closely it seems. Even with those circumstances, I still expected Kiel to go to a bigger national scene. I like the loyalty though, and hope he does well there.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    A little late.

But Michigan gains the 21st commitment for the 2012 class.

4* - #3 SDE - #96 Nationally - Chris Wormley - 6ft 5in - 250lb - Toledo, OH - Whitmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0w4w1ex2Y
    Matthew Stafford QB: Detroit Lions
    111.2 QB Rating | 79/118 66.9% | 977 Yards | 9 TDs-2 INTs

vCash
    Wooooo!!!! Florida State gets top dual threat QB Jameis Winston to commit!!!!!! Hell yeah!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Michigan gains their 22nd commitment for the 2012 class in DT Ondre Pipkins.

This has to be quite possibly the biggest commitment so far for the 2012 class. This was a HUGE position of need, and Ondre Pipkins is a great, and talented acquisition. I'm pumped for this commitment.

4* - #15 DT - #149 Nationally - Ondre Pipkins - 6-3 305lbs - Kansas City, MO - Park Hill

Also side note that made me pretty gitty.

5* - #1 CB - #12 Nationally - Yuri Wright - 6-2 180lbs - Ramsey, NJ - Don Bosco Prep

Has Michigan in his top 2 and has said that he will be taking one of his officials to Michigan.

Couple of quotes for Yuri Wright.

I would say Michigan is in my top two, I've always liked Michigan. I haven't really cut my list down yet, but they're in the top somewhere. Just the tradition that's at Michigan, the winningest program, the coaches, and the whole experience of going to school there. Coach Mallory has been telling me it's just about getting a chance to come to Michigan and getting better when I get there, and hopefully make it to the league.
    I talked to Coach Mallory the other day. I'm definitely going to take one of my officials there, but I'm not planning on making my decision until the Army All American game. I'll take all of my officials and then decide.
    This would be another HUGE signing and would end up taking one of the 2 or 3 remaining spots left for the elite recruits at any position.

vCash
    ND got the better of the two in Day I believe. But still a good pick up for both.

What really strikes me as odd, is both ND and Michigan have said they now won't take Shittu. That's pretty messed up as Shittu is supposed to be better then both Pipinkins and Day.

Yuri has ND up with Michigan from what I have read in the past. Both really could use him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    ND got the better of the two in Day I believe. But still a good pick up for both.

What really strikes me as odd, is both ND and Michigan have said they now won't take Shittu. That's pretty messed up as Shittu is supposed to be better then both Pipinkins and Day.

Yuri has ND up with Michigan from what I have read in the past. Both really could use him.
    I would have to agree with you by default right now, as there is little to no free video of Ondre Pipkins. But the kid can play, there was a camp a couple of months ago that had a ton of the top DL prospects (I think Day attended) and he came away with the MVP for the DL. It was at the Nike Camp at OSU.

On the Yuri Wright situation. That honestly came out of left field for me, I hadn't heard ANYTHING on Yuri Wright being high on Michigan until recently. I don't know the other school in his top 2. Though I do remember him being really high on ND.

But both schools have 4 DB's committed. Will be interesting to see how his recruitment pans out. Thing is, I believe that Armani Reeves has recently put us back into his top 2 as well. So this might be another case of first come, first serve between Reeves and Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Troy View Post
    I would have to agree with you by default right now, as there is little to no free video of Ondre Pipkins. But the kid can play, there was a camp a couple of months ago that had a ton of the top DL prospects (I think Day attended) and he came away with the MVP for the DL. It was at the Nike Camp at OSU.

On the Yuri Wright situation. That honestly came out of left field for me, I hadn't heard ANYTHING on Yuri Wright being high on Michigan until recently. I don't know the other school in his top 2. Though I do remember him being really high on ND.

But both schools have 4 DB's committed. Will be interesting to see how his recruitment pans out. Thing is, I believe that Armani Reeves has recently put us back into his top 2 as well. So this might be another case of first come, first serve between Reeves and Wright.
    We didn't offer Pipkins, but his offer sheet is probably a bit more impressive based on "big schools" Honestly both are late bloomers rising up the charts after camps.

Yuri would be a bigger get for you guys, simply because we have depending on who you have rate them 2 of the top 3 or 5 CB's. But yuri would be more then welcome at either program! I'd take Shaq Thompson over Yuri, because we already have Darby and Tee Shepard and we really need that all world safety.

Hoke is building a class and if he keeps it no doubt it's now a top 5 and should be at least a top 3 when it's all said and done (we both know how recruits decommit at times through out the season)

vCash
    We didn't offer Pipkins, but his offer sheet is probably a bit more impressive based on "big schools" Honestly both are late bloomers rising up the charts after camps.

Yuri would be a bigger get for you guys, simply because we have depending on who you have rate them 2 of the top 3 or 5 CB's. But yuri would be more then welcome at either program! I'd take Shaq Thompson over Yuri, because we already have Darby and Tee Shepard and we really need that all world safety.

Hoke is building a class and if he keeps it no doubt it's now a top 5 and should be at least a top 3 when it's all said and done (we both know how recruits decommit at times through out the season)
    I don't see us having that problem this year, if anyone is going to decommit it would end up being Terry Richardson, but I give that about a 3% chance. We already have our safeties for this class with Jarrod Wilson and Allen Gant. Jeremy Clark, another Safety is coming on as a Grey Shirt so he'll count against next years class. We have Terry Richardson and Anthony Standifer as our CB commits.

It's alright though, we have room for possibly 6 more recruits this year, with 2 spots most likely going to DT Danny O'Brien and OT Jordan Diamond. That leaves 1 spot for a WR and 3 more for the elite recruits at any position. That's where Yuri Wright fits in.

Also that's why I think Michigan has the edge now over ND. You guys already have a 2 real good CB's committed possibly pushing Wright away, kind of like the same thing that happened with Tommy Schutt and Sheldon Day.

Also, I didn't copy the entire quote from Yuri Wright earlier. Here's the entire quote.

I talked to Coach Mallory the other day. I'm definitely going to take one of my officials there, but I'm not planning on making my decision until the Army All American game. I'll take all of my officials and then decide. I don't know what other schools I want to visit yet, but I've always liked Colorado, Georgia, Cal, and Michigan State too. Those are some of them.
    I think ND might actually be out of the running for Yuri Wright now.

Another thing that makes me excited for getting Yuri Wright is that he didn't play football as a sophomore and after his first year as a Junior in highschool, he's the highest rated CB in the nation according to 24/7 Sports. I really, really want Wright in this class. Physical freak that just started playing football.

Additionally OT Erik Magnuson will most likely getting his 5th Star on the next update of rankings on most sites along with OT Kyle Kalis, who already has a 5* on Rivals. Yuri Wright would give us our 3rd 5*. OT Jordan Diamond and DT Danny O'Brien are 4* that considered Michigan leans. That would give us:

3 5*
    14 4*
    9 3*

With the possibility of adding 3 more 4/5*. I think Michigan has a high possibility of finishing out the class the #1 spot.
    Last edited by ~Troy; 08-08-2011 at 04:43 PM.

vCash

This may be incorrect, but my hypothesis is that ND and Michigan don't like the mind-games that Shittu plays. He loves to toy with schools about his interest in them, and that definitely turns some schools off. Could be wrong though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Troy View Post
    I don't see us having that problem this year, if anyone is going to decommit it would end up being Terry Richardson, but I give that about a 3% chance. We already have our safeties for this class with Jarrod Wilson and Allen Gant. Jeremy Clark, another Safety is coming on as a Grey Shirt so he'll count against next years class. We have Terry Richardson and Anthony Standifer as our CB commits.

It's alright though, we have room for possibly 6 more recruits this year, with 2 spots most likely going to DT Danny O'Brien and OT Jordan Diamond. That leaves 1 spot for a WR and 3 more for the elite recruits at any position. That's where Yuri Wright fits in.

Also that's why I think Michigan has the edge now over ND. You guys already have a 2 real good CB's committed possibly pushing Wright away, kind of like the same thing that happened with Tommy Schutt and Sheldon Day.

Also, I didn't copy the entire quote from Yuri Wright earlier. Here's the entire quote.

I think ND might actually be out of the running for Yuri Wright now.

Another thing that makes me excited for getting Yuri Wright is that he didn't play football as a sophomore and after his first year as a Junior in highschool, he's the highest rated CB in the nation according to 24/7 Sports. I really, really want Wright in this class. Physical freak that just started playing football.

Additionally OT Erik Magnuson will most likely getting his 5th Star on the next update of rankings on most sites along with OT Kyle Kalis, who already has a 5* on Rivals. Yuri Wright would give us our 3rd 5*. OT Jordan Diamond and DT Danny O'Brien are 4* that considered Michigan leans. That would give us:

3 5*
    14 4*
    9 3*

With the possibility of adding 3 more 4/5*. I think Michigan has a high possibility of finishing out the class the #1 spot.
    It just depends on who's rating system you use especially with the CB. I do like 247 rating system though. But i'm glad with Darby and Tee, over getting Yuri, I'd love all 3. But that's just my preference, and I think they fit our system a tad better then Yuri. Either way I think Yuri is a fine get for anyone. Also we are in on Geno which 3 CB's would be lovely for me. On the decommittment, it's hard to say. I mean maybe i'm just thinking about my own team and what we went threw when we started losing, and how hard it was to get some of the players back (we didn't get them all back) but thankful we got the manchilds Tuitt and Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    This may be incorrect, but my hypothesis is that ND and Michigan don't like the mind-games that Shittu plays. He loves to toy with schools about his interest in them, and that definitely turns some schools off. Could be wrong though.
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Not at all. It is very plausible.

vCash
    the top tier defensive recruits keep coming to south bend.

#74 player nationally 4 star Jarron Jones DE is irish

vCash

Great get for you guys. 5* on 24/7 Sports.

Michigan has 4 or 5 spots left so recruiting is going to slow down hard until the 2013 recruits start committing.

5 MORE DAYS TILL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Troy

Did you see Schutt on tv this weekend? Guy was manhandling.

Still not sure how both ND and Michigan said No to him.

vCash

He's a tackle isn't he? ND isn't planning on playing him as an end right?

vCash
    Troy

Did you see Schutt on tv this weekend? Guy was manhandling.

Still not sure how both ND and Michigan said No to him.
    I have absolutely no idea why Michigan turned down a visit and probable commitment from Schutt. I know at the time Ondre Pipkins was a silent commit and that was probably why they turned him down. But that doesn't make sense because we are still pursuing Danny O'Brien who plays the same friggin' position. No offense to O'Brien, but I would rather have Schutt. I'm really disappointed the staff didn't at least let him visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    He's a tackle isn't he? ND isn't planning on playing him as an end right?
    I think he is better suited for NT, and that is what he is being recruited. He would be a monster NT in a 4-3 or a 3-4.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast