Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    they are doing great depth wise. Not a whole lot of top tier game changers, but they need depth bad. IT's a great strategy for the first year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    they are doing great depth wise. Not a whole lot of top tier game changers, but they need depth bad. IT's a great strategy for the first year
    Huh?....

If you're talking about Michigan, it's not just depth, it's talented depth. We do have some top tier talent already, in Royce Jenkins-Stone, James Ross, Joe Bolden, Erik Magnuson, are great talent.

Than we're also in on (Michigan lean) Chris Wormley, Jarrod Wilson, Kyle Kalis, Jordan Diamond, and Ondre Pipkins. With the possibilities of any of the following, Sheldon Day, Adolphus Washington, Dwayne Stanford, Aziz Shittu, Andrus Peat, Danny O'Brien, and more.

This class has top 5 potential and if things go right, the #1 class. We still have 9 more spots available in this class.
    Matthew Stafford QB: Detroit Lions
    111.2 QB Rating | 79/118 66.9% | 977 Yards | 9 TDs-2 INTs

vCash
    I dont' see the game changers in that class. I think it's a great class, but it's not game changer guys. It def could be a top 5 class, and should be at the very least a 10, which is def something hoke needs. He's got the program heading in the right direction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Troy View Post
    Huh?....

If you're talking about Michigan, it's not just depth, it's talented depth. We do have some top tier talent already, in Royce Jenkins-Stone, James Ross, Joe Bolden, Erik Magnuson, are great talent.

Than we're also in on (Michigan lean) Chris Wormley, Jarrod Wilson, Kyle Kalis, Jordan Diamond, and Ondre Pipkins. With the possibilities of any of the following, Sheldon Day, Adolphus Washington, Dwayne Stanford, Aziz Shittu, Andrus Peat, Danny O'Brien, and more.

This class has top 5 potential and if things go right, the #1 class. We still have 9 more spots available in this class.
    Highly doubt that.
    DUKE.

vCash
    I dont' see the game changers in that class. I think it's a great class, but it's not game changer guys. It def could be a top 5 class, and should be at the very least a 10, which is def something hoke needs. He's got the program heading in the right direction
    Ya, we don't have the flashy game changer WR, RB, or QB. But we don't need that in this class, have much, much bigger needs at the D-Line, and O-Line. This class was going to be almost all D and O-Line players, at the end we will have around 12-14 commits on the line of scrimmage. But Wormley, and Pipkins could both be game changers coming from the line. Jarrod Wilson (if he commits) has the game changer potential if you have seen him film. James Ross, Joe Bolden and Royce Jenkins-Stone can be game changing LB's as well.

We probably won't take a RB (unless it's Briontee Dunn) or a WR (Aaron Burbridge or Dwayne Stanford) in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    Highly doubt that.
    Ya, and that's why I said "potential and if things go right". I don't expect it to be the #1 class, but if things roll our way, it could, and I think we finish between 5 - 10 at the end of the 2012 year.
    Last edited by ~Troy; 06-27-2011 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Michigan picks up their 18th commit for the 2012 class in Jarrod Wilson.

4* S - Jarrod Wilson - 6-3 190lbs - Akron, OH - Buchtel

vCash
    Michigan picks up their 19th commit for the 2012 recruiting class.

UR (Unranked) FB - Sione Houma 6-1 215lbs (4.51 40) - Salt Lake City, - Highland

Also CBSSports and Rivals put their first class rankings.

Michigan is #1 on CBS Sports and #2 on Rivals class ranking.

Also, BBQ at the BigHouse is coming up soon, so some more commits might be happening. I got a list of the notable un-committed recruits attending.

DT - Danny O'Brien
    OSU Commit - RB - Bri'ontee Dunn
    DE - Chris Wormley
    WR - Aaron Burbridge
    DT - Ondre Pipkins
    WR - Jehu Chesson
    WR - Monty Madaris

All of them, I believe are 4*s (according 24/7 Sports).

vCash
    alot of their high rankings is how many recruits they have. They still are mostly depth position (which they def need). Still a good class, but they have few spots left now.

vCash
    alot of their high rankings is how many recruits they have. They still are mostly depth position (which they def need). Still a good class, but they have few spots left now.
    Ya, I know. It's just nice to see my favorite school at the top of the recruiting boards. But I know Rivals only take into account of the top 20 recruits. But the recruits most likely to fill out the class are either 4* or 5*. So Top 5 class for us is a a high possibility.

You're also right, we only have 6 spots left in our class. Our class will most likely finish out with these players:

DT: Danny O'Brien, Ondre Pipkens (whoever commits first, get's the spot)
    DE: Chris Wormley, Adolphus Washington (same as above)
    WR: Aaron Burbridge, and one of Monty Madaris or Jehu Chesson
    OL: Jordan Diamond, Andrus Peat, Adam Bisnowaty (same as DT, DE)

With one spot being saved for a top flight recruit, recruits like, Aziz Shittu, Sheldon Day, Gunner Kiel, Chris Peat, Adolphus Washington, Ondre Pipkins, Andrus Peat, Bri'ontee Dunn, etc.

Additionally we have commits that will most likely being moving up on boards (gaining a star), Ben Braden, Caleb Stacey, and Erik Magnuson.

vCash
    4* DT Sheldon Day has been confirmed to be coming up for the BBQ at the Big House. Huge confirmation for Michigan.

vCash
    Day I honestly think is going to stay in state and go to ND. It'll be a huge get for either team.

If Day does jump to Michigan, i'm going to start wondering if Kelly can recruit indiana or ohio or michigan. He's really struggled in ohio this year, (michigan grabbed some good stuff there)

vCash
    Day I honestly think is going to stay in state and go to ND. It'll be a huge get for either team.

If Day does jump to Michigan, i'm going to start wondering if Kelly can recruit indiana or ohio or michigan. He's really struggled in ohio this year, (michigan grabbed some good stuff there)
    I don't have real high hopes for Day to Michigan. I think Ondre Pipkins, and Danny O'Brien are both more likely to commit, and I don't see us taking another DT after that. Unless it's a 5* like Aziz Shittu.

vCash
    Gunner Kiel commits to Indiana, a little bit surprising but I was wondering if this would happen once Oklahoma seemed to throw in the towel.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Not a huge shock, really. Kiel's brother plays for Indiana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Gunner Kiel commits to Indiana, a little bit surprising but I was wondering if this would happen once Oklahoma seemed to throw in the towel.
    This was inevitable, after Shane Morris and Gunner attended a camp, and Morris about near beat him out for best QB. After, Mizzouri, Oklahoma, and Alabama all took QB commitments. Indiana was his last choice, IMO (out of his top 5). But between his brother playing there, and all the other things that happened, it's doesn't surprise me.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast