Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    With Monte stepping down I wonder if that increases the chances of Vanderdoes decommitting?
    It looks like he could definitely decommit. I hope by some miracle we get Carl Lawson if he decommits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    With Monte stepping down I wonder if that increases the chances of Vanderdoes decommitting?
    I doubt it. Ed Orgeron is one of the best recruiters in the business, and Monte Kiffin wasn't the main draw to USC anyway. If he does decommit, then I wouldn't be shocked if he looked at LSU though. Oregon won't get back into it in my opinion. He just doesn't like the scheme we run.

Edit: If he does decommit, it won't be due to Monte leaving. That was my point.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I doubt it. Ed Orgeron is one of the best recruiters in the business, and Monte Kiffin wasn't the main draw to USC anyway. If he does decommit, then I wouldn't be shocked if he looked at LSU though. Oregon won't get back into it in my opinion. He just doesn't like the scheme we run.

Edit: If he does decommit, it won't be due to Monte leaving. That was my point.
    I think I read somewhere that Vanderdoes says the main reason he would decommit is if Orgeron left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Vanderdoes says the main reason he would decommit is if Orgeron left.
    Yeah, and I'd be shocked if Orgeron left. If you're interested in recruiting then I suggest reading Ed Orgeron's book called Meat Market. Great book, and it goes in-depth into how he recruits.

vCash
    USC lost another commit, WR Eldridge Massington. I'm not too mad cause he was seriously injured anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    USC lost another commit, WR Eldridge Massington. I'm not too mad cause he was seriously injured anyway.
    I heard that USC may have pushed him out to get more room for their class. Kind of like last year when they told Jaydon Mickens to pursue other opportunities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I heard that USC may have pushed him out to get more room for their class. Kind of like last year when they told Jaydon Mickens to pursue other opportunities.
    Haha yeah I read that too. Apparently the USC coaches told him that he couldn't enroll early anymore, and that made him decommit.

Kind of sucks for him, but if it means we can get a guy like Redfield back or McQuay, I'd be super pleased.

vCash
    Greg Bryant commits to Notre Dame

Greg Bryant (Delray Beach, Fla./American Heritage), the No. 2 running back in the ESPN 150, committed to Notre Dame at the end of his official visit on campus Sunday, according to his father, Greg Bryant Sr.

The 5-foot-10, 200-pound Bryant chose the Irish over Oklahoma, Auburn, Georgia and South Carolina. He becomes the 22nd verbal commitment in Notre Dame's recruiting class of 2013 and the eighth member of the ESPN 150.

Notre Dame's recruiting class currently is ranked fourth in the ESPN class rankings.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...fighting-irish

vCash
    http://www.onlygators.com/12/12/2012...on-to-florida/

The Florida Gators’ impressive recruiting haul added another huge piece Wednesday when four-star wide receiver Demarcus Robinson (Fort Valley, GA) decided to rescind his soft verbal pledge to Clemson and commit to join Florida’s 2013 class.

Robinson is the third pass catcher listed at 6’2” or taller and the fifth overall wide receiver to make a pledge for the Gators this cycle. The Rivals100 and ESPN 300 receiver is a big target with plenty of strength and more than enough speed to succeed in the Southeastern Conference.

Arguably Florida’s most important commitment so far this cycle, Robinson is a top talent at a major position of need for the Gators. UF’s leading returning receiver, redshirt sophomore Quinton Dunbar, reeled in 31 receptions for 306 yards and four touchdowns during the 2012 season.

Ranked as the No. 48 overall prospect nationally by Rivals, Robinson is the highest-rated receiver to commit to Florida since Andre Debose (No. 21) in 2009. He is listed as the 157th best player in the country by ESPN.

Robinson’s flip from Clemson was most certainly fueled, in part, by UF’s hiring of new wide receivers coach Joker Phillips, who along with head coach Will Muschamp paid the prized recruit a visit in his home on Wednesday.

The Gators have added four new commitments over the last four days but did lose one on Monday. Florida now has 25 total pledges including 24 that count as members of its 2013 recruiting class.

Robinson joins four-stars Ahmad Fulwood (Jacksonville, FL) and Alvin Bailey (Seffner, FL) and three-stars Marqui Hawkins (Columbus, GA) and Chris Thompson (Gainesville, FL) as wide receivers in the class.
    sorry, HSR!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Yep, tough loss for us, but we have tons of WR depth. He apparently wasn't too happy about all the interviewing Morris did, plus Clemson wouldn't back off of Marquez North (and rightfully so, North is better than Robinson). I'm sure Robinson will enjoy Florida's "vaunted" passing attack, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Yep, tough loss for us, but we have tons of WR depth. He apparently wasn't too happy about all the interviewing Morris did, plus Clemson wouldn't back off of Marquez North (and rightfully so, North is better than Robinson). I'm sure Robinson will enjoy Florida's "vaunted" passing attack, though.

i'm sure it was an easy sell... "hey, we literally have TWO receivers on our roster. you can come ball out ASAP if you want!"
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post

i'm sure it was an easy sell... "hey, we literally have TWO receivers on our roster. you can come ball out ASAP if you want!"

Back to Clemson. Guess he wasn't too keen on working on his blocking for 3-4 years.

vCash
    Yeah if a kid flips once, he's just a young man who can't figure out what he wants for his future. Those are everywhere. Flips twice, I don't know what the **** he's doing.

I guess he'd rather try to claw his way out of runner up to our little sisters in the Assortment of Crap Conference for 3-4 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Yeah if a kid flips once, he's just a young man who can't figure out what he wants for his future. Those are everywhere. Flips twice, I don't know what the **** he's doing.

I guess he'd rather try to claw his way out of runner up to our little sisters in the Assortment of Crap Conference for 3-4 years
    Well, the only reason he was going to Florida was they sold him on the SEC. I swear, that is the biggest sack of **** in recruiting. Pick a school, not a freaking conference. You can do anything you could possibly think of accomplishing in any BCS conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Well, the only reason he was going to Florida was they sold him on the SEC. I swear, that is the biggest sack of **** in recruiting. Pick a school, not a freaking conference. You can do anything you could possibly think of accomplishing in any BCS conference.
    I can't say I like it either, but it is what's keeping Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina from letting their in-state non-conference rivals into the SEC. They like the leg-up in recruiting it gives them.

I don't know whether Clemson wants in or not, but FSU reportedly begged not long ago.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast