Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Yeah, EJ really needs to prove himself next season. Sometimes it clicks when you least expect it to, but the clock is ticking. If Winston does commit and play football at FSU then that gives your program great hope. Obviously it isn't certain he will pan out, but damn has he looked good whenever I've watched him.

By the way, I heard a rumor that Oregon and Florida State were considering a home-and-home. I don't know if the rumor has any legs to it, but I'd be stoked if it happened.

It's a pretty sad story if you are a Cal Bears fan. Tosh Lupoi played for Cal and maturated at the school as a coach and professed his love for Cal whenever he could. His pitch was that living in Berkeley for the next four years was the only decision that should be considered, and that his life was an example of why Cal was the only place to be. He relates well with kids since he is so young, and is a ridiculous recruiter.

Then he bolts for UW and even started to recruit Shaq Thompson to UW before he officially was a Husky (allegedly). College football is a business so I guess I understand, but that doesn't make the story not seem sad. Cal was on the brink of getting a top 5 class, but after Tosh's departure that hope was gone. Cal still has hope though, Kline/Treggs/Tagaloa etc are talented football players that could continue the rebuild in Berkeley.

The moral of the story is that Tedford needs his staff to recruit as a team, and not as individuals. That's how you avoid such drastic losses on the recruiting trail if a position coach leaves. It is understandable to lose a recruit or two due to a position coach leaving, but this was much more than that.
    im a cal season ticket holder and this hurts however the best part of the offseason is that the scumbag is gone.

tedford is a man of integrity which is what bit him in the *** in the end. he placed too much trust on a 31 year old d-line coach who has questionable integrity aka injury gate. the way tedford handled this after what happened only makes me respect him more. he has not bashed lupoi in public. it is believed also that lupoi relies heavily on negative recruiting which im not a fan of however it is effective.

just glad the people in the end chose cal because they actually like it. we dont need players playing just because of their friendship with a d-line coach or because their friends are playing there.

also glad because we havent had a qb rated as high as zack kline in years.

our WR class is also top 3-5 in the nation.

just wished we had more dline and oline commits, but i dont think tyson alualu or cam jordan were ranked high coming out of hs so we might be able to develop one into a star.
    Last edited by sf-fanatic; 02-02-2012 at 03:44 AM.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    i hate the scumbag tosh lupoi...we can only dream of what could have been at cal...
    LOL my brother in law was saying the same thing. and he is moving to Seattle in 2 weeks so he has to watch shaq Thompson in his backyard. that Cal class was gonna be filthy, but man Lupoi is making like 400 K now. they really did make him an offer he couldnt refuse for the exact same coaching position. i dont know if anyone who could have said no to that. i want to say they made him the highest paid scout in the Ncaa now, if not def the Pac 12. i think the timing was complete BS( not sure if that should be allowed) but im sure sark wanted it that way and why they had to pay him so much just to pack up and leave. but ya it sucks cause Cals class was going off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Yeah, just asked around and Oregon did host McDaniel on a visit and almost offered him at running back. At that time we thought we were going to get Chris Brown, and there was some risk associated with his knee. He could be a steal though.

Bigelow is a great pickup this early in the process, and I really like Hutchings as well. Our staff is very high on him but ultimately it will be difficult to pull Hutchings out of USC's grasp. Another interesting recruiting battle will be Eddie Vanderdoes, he's pretty tight with Arik Armstead but he will be pursued by USC and many other schools as well.

I'm just hoping that we can go to town on our in-state prospects next season. This is one of the better crops of talent we have had in awhile, and hopefully Tyner can be a big influence over some recruits. Braydon Kearsley is the guy I really want, hopefully he decommits from BYU and comes to Oregon.

Also, congrats on your recruiting class. It's amazing what Lane Kiffin was able to accomplish even with scholarship reductions.
    I haven't heard of Vanderdoes, I'll check up on him. Next year we are going to need a RB, maybe we steal Tyner. De'Anthony style. Yea Kiffin, Coach O and Monte sure know how to recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    im a cal season ticket holder and this hurts however the best part of the offseason is that the scumbag is gone.

tedford is a man of integrity which is what bit him in the *** in the end. he placed too much trust on a 31 year old d-line coach who has questionable integrity aka injury gate. the way tedford handled this after what happened only makes me respect him more. he has not bashed lupoi in public. it is believed also that lupoi relies heavily on negative recruiting which im not a fan of however it is effective.

just glad the people in the end chose cal because they actually like it. we dont need players playing just because of their friendship with a d-line coach or because their friends are playing there.

also glad because we havent had a qb rated as high as zack kline in years.

our WR class is also top 3-5 in the nation.

just wished we had more dline and oline commits, but i dont think tyson alualu or cam jordan were ranked high coming out of hs so we might be able to develop one into a star.
    Tedford was apart of that to Tedford would of had to have known what was going on and gave him the ok to do it.

Cal was also negative recruiting even when Lupoi left Arik Armstead said the only 2 schools who didn't use that tactic on him was Oregon and UCLA.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 02-03-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    I doubt anyone here cares besides me but Jameis Winston officially signed with FSU this morning. My only concern now is the MLB draft in June. If he gets picked high and signs we are ****ed but I am kind of hoping he prefers Football. We will see.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Yeah I saw that too

vCash
    Stefon Diggs (#13 in nation) out of Maryland committed to Maryland with Florida and Ohio State hats on his table as well.

vCash
    Ty Isaac (#18 nationally on Rivals) committed to USC today. I know Illinois HS football isn't exactly Texas or even Ohio, but this kid is a monster. I'll be interested to see what USC does with him. He looks every bit of 6'2" when I saw him in the state title game. There aren't many RBs that are that big.

vCash
    The LB core ND has as a pledge class is unreal. Jaylon Smith, Alex Anzalone, Deeb and Mattingly. It's quite a 4 some.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    The LB core ND has as a pledge class is unreal. Jaylon Smith, Alex Anzalone, Deeb and Mattingly. It's quite a 4 some.
    Yeah, I don't really follow recruiting till after the season but I heard about Anzalone committing and they mentioned all these other guys I had to double check and make sure it was all from the same class. This coming season is going to be big for ND's future. If they can win 10 games I could see them landing a top 5 class easy. But another mediocre campaign and they might have issues with decommits like last year. It should be interesting.

vCash
    10 wins with that schedule and either an inexperienced or bad QB? C'mon Jerry I love ND, but we'd be lucky to get 8 wins.

vCash
    I'm not predicting 10 wins, but I am counting a bowl game. I think the early party of the schedule with MSU, UM, Miami and Stanford will be really key. Not sure how Sparty and Stan. will be with new QB's? Michigan should be solid but I'm not sold on their greatness. Miami will have talent but so does ND. If they can get through that part of the schedule with 1 loss then I don't see them beating OK on the road but whoever the QB is should have enough experience by the USC game. The defense should be solid and it will again come down to what kind of QB play they can get.

vCash
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    10 wins with that schedule and either an inexperienced or bad QB? C'mon Jerry I love ND, but we'd be lucky to get 8 wins.
    lawlz

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    damn USC is #2 now

vCash
    With Monte stepping down I wonder if that increases the chances of Vanderdoes decommitting?

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast