Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    I can't say I like it either, but it is what's keeping Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina from letting their in-state non-conference rivals into the SEC. They like the leg-up in recruiting it gives them.

I don't know whether Clemson wants in or not, but FSU reportedly begged not long ago.
    Clemson certainly wouldn't run the other way if the SEC offered.

That being said, Georgia and SCAR will always keep Clemson out of the SEC, because they know without the SEC label, they have zero recruiting advantage over Clemson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post

Back to Clemson. Guess he wasn't too keen on working on his blocking for 3-4 years.
    just got back from a cruise. i saw this news as i was boarding the ship and immediately thought of you.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    just got back from a cruise. i saw this news as i was boarding the ship and immediately thought of you.
    I'm honored.

Seems like a situation where his coach didn't want him to go back on his commitment this close to him being on campus. I just hope he actually wants to be in Clemson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Clemson certainly wouldn't run the other way if the SEC offered.

That being said, Georgia and SCAR will always keep Clemson out of the SEC, because they know without the SEC label, they have zero recruiting advantage over Clemson.
    If I'm South Carolina, I'd pitch the whole winning factor.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    If I'm South Carolina, I'd pitch the whole winning factor.
    Little brother wins a few fights, but then you realize how the big brother has been so much better for so long. Big brother even has a winning record in that dumpster fire of a city in the center of the state.

vCash
    Eddie Vanderdoes decommits from USC Trojans: UCLA, Washington, Notre Dame are in the mix.

Rivals number 3 dt 4 star
    Scout number 2 dt 5 star
    24/7 number 2 dt 5 star
    Espn number 4 dt 4 star
    Army all american

vCash
    ****!

vCash
    I heard that Ed Orgeron may be leaving, and that this has led to some USC commits to consider alternatives. Michael Hutchings is also taking visits.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I heard that Ed Orgeron may be leaving, and that this has led to some USC commits to consider alternatives. Michael Hutchings is also taking visits.
    Oh god. That would be TERRIBLE news for us and would really impact our recruiting class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Oh god. That would be TERRIBLE news for us and would really impact our recruiting class.
    It depends on who USC hires at defensive coordinator. The right hire could fix the relationships with some players on the fence about USC. Losing Orgeron would hurt though. He's one of the best recruiters in the country.

vCash
    It depends on who USC hires at defensive coordinator. The right hire could fix the relationships with some players on the fence about USC. Losing Orgeron would hurt though. He's one of the best recruiters in the country.
    I heard some whispers about Chizik, which I would be intrigued by. On one hand, I think he could bring the old Auburn studs like Carl Lawson with him, but on the other hand, he seems to be a total hothead and I think he would completely clash with Kiffin. Their egos are both enormous.

Chizik probably won't settle for a coordinator job anyway, so I think we'll end up getting someone from the Pac-12. Pendergast or that Oregon guy Aliotti.

vCash
    I heard some whispers about Chizik, which I would be intrigued by. On one hand, I think he could bring the old Auburn studs like Carl Lawson with him, but on the other hand, he seems to be a total hothead and I think he would completely clash with Kiffin. Their egos are both enormous.

Chizik probably won't settle for a coordinator job anyway, so I think we'll end up getting someone from the Pac-12. Pendergast or that Oregon guy Aliotti.
    I've heard Chizik is a realistic option as well. I doubt you will get Aliotti though. He tried a different place back in the late 90s and failed bad so he came back to Oregon (remember UCLA defense when Cade McNown was legit?). Personally, I wouldn't mind it if Aliotti moved on. I think John Neal would make a terrific defensive coordinator, and if Aliotti wants something new then so be it. I've heard Mark Banker (Oregon State) may be a legitimate option though.

Also, just thought I'd let you know that one of my friends has a lot of USC sources (he's a Trojan fan), and he said the Orgeron rumors were garbage. Apparently UCLA coaches started the rumor.

vCash
    I've heard Chizik is a realistic option as well. I doubt you will get Aliotti though. He tried a different place back in the late 90s and failed bad so he came back to Oregon (remember UCLA defense when Cade McNown was legit?). Personally, I wouldn't mind it if Aliotti moved on. I think John Neal would make a terrific defensive coordinator, and if Aliotti wants something new then so be it. I've heard Mark Banker (Oregon State) may be a legitimate option though.

Also, just thought I'd let you know that one of my friends has a lot of USC sources (he's a Trojan fan), and he said the Orgeron rumors were garbage. Apparently UCLA coaches started the rumor.
    Yeah, I don't want Aliotti, but some of the guys who write for USC on ESPN seem to think he's a likely option.

I also read that the Orgeron rumors were just negative recruiting. That's great news.

Leon McQuay is going to announce on Friday at the Under Armour game. He's down to USC, Michigan, Vanderbilt, FSU, and Oregon. Getting him would be HUGE for SC since he's an early enrollment guy and also because we lost Redfield. I don't know how likely it is, but the sources I read seem to think we have a good shot.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't want Aliotti, but some of the guys who write for USC on ESPN seem to think he's a likely option.
    I'd be very surprised, but we'll see. I think USC can do better to be honest.

I also read that the Orgeron rumors were just negative recruiting. That's great news.
    It has Adrian Klemm written all over it. He loves to negative-recruit, and is quite the punk on the recruiting trail. Spewed garbage about Oregon's offensive line not preparing linemen to go to the pros to get Alex Redmond. Hilariously, Max Unger will probably be first team All-Pro, and he played under Greatwood at Oregon.

Leon McQuay is going to announce on Friday at the Under Armour game. He's down to USC, Michigan, Vanderbilt, FSU, and Oregon. Getting him would be HUGE for SC since he's an early enrollment guy and also because we lost Redfield. I don't know how likely it is, but the sources I read seem to think we have a good shot.
    I've heard all kinds of varying opinions on him. Some think he is staying in-state at FSU, others like Vandy or USC. It wouldn't surprise me if he chose any of those schools. Some Duck fans are holding out hope, but I'm not really buying it. We'll see though.

vCash
    Klemm's a helluva recruiter, its a dirty game he's not the only one who's spreading rumors as along as he is not involving improper benefits its all good. Best oline class so far with- Morris, Lacy, Benenoch, Redmond, Lopez, Quessenberry and Moala not sure if we will keep all but that's 4star/3 star recruits.

Vanderdoes now has Bama listed in his final 5.
    Last edited by popo85; 12-31-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast